Preston - V - Wednesday OMDT

Morning all, less is more with the old matchday thread Snoots. We don’t like Preston....take it to em Wednesday! Would like to see Luongo and Hutch in midfield with Lee and Bannan...in fact stick them all in the middle of the park and play pinball with the opposite no marks. Come on you blue and white (pinball) wizaaards!!!! Let’s break the Deepdale hoodoo!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

It’s my first proper league away game with my son today - we are buzzing about going and being involved in the atmosphere - please give us a day to remember for the right reasons. 

He’s watched many celebration videos from away games and is desperate to be involved in one himself 

Great stuff. Really hope you both enjoy the day. My dad took me when I was younger and now I take my son. It's a fantastic thing to bond as father and son. Well done.

Edited by Rev Owl

22 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Morning all.

Id be half tempted to put the boy Luongo in there. Today will be a midfield battle.  Person the shitehouse. Gallagher.

Going to be vital for us that Hutchinson  gets a grip on that Daniel Johnson. He can be a real Thorne with those powerful surges feom the middle. What a snip he's been for them for fifty grand. 

Our fans-villain Darnell Fisher could be up against our man Harris today. Oh how I'd love to see him destroyed by Kadeem!. 

I agree, but also think Lee needs to start. Suspect it may be dependent on formation  if we match them up 4231 Luongo seems the natural fit alongside Hutch, but if we stick with 433, Lee is probably the better option. 

Nice conundrum to have though after recent years when we could only choose  from who was fit enough to start.

6 minutes ago, striker said:

I agree, but also think Lee needs to start. Suspect it may be dependent on formation  if we match them up 4231 Luongo seems the natural fit alongside Hutch, but if we stick with 433, Lee is probably the better option. 

Nice conundrum to have though after recent years when we could only choose  from who was fit enough to start.

Agree totally.  It'ds a fine balancing act. 

We do miss Lee's ability to keep the rhythm of the game ticking at a tempo when he's not playing. 

Looking forward to the next instalment of the saga Snoots, need to battle the Dark Lords (and Ladies).

Agreed, need a strong midfield today. However, Borner will boss their attacking threat like never before and our new fitness levels shall prevail.

2-0 to us, you read it here first, or maybe second....

• Like 1

I'd be tempted to leave Bannan out today and have Hutch, Luongo and Lee in the middle. Murphy or Reach on the right and Harris left.

We will miss Bannans long passes but we can attack down the wings, it will give us strength in the middle and a better tempo.

Just not sure if Luongo is fully fit.

59 minutes ago, MaliceInBlunderland said:

Had a dream last night where we were 1-0 up, but they got an injury time penalty. 

Unfortunately woke up before penalty was taken. 

My recurring dream is that we get the last minute penalty to win the game

And it's down to me to put the ball in the net

Trouble is, dog's made off with me lucky carpet slippers   :mellow:

• Haha 1

Guest LittleG

Going to be one hell of a tough game and would happily settle for a draw. Undecided on which players to pick; for once (apart from Fletcher role) we do have mote options to choose from. Hope Bullen gets the team up for it and gets his substitutions right.

2 hours ago, Owly Mowly said:

It’s my first proper league away game with my son today - we are buzzing about going and being involved in the atmosphere - please give us a day to remember for the right reasons. 

He’s watched many celebration videos from away games and is desperate to be involved in one himself 

Hope he enjoys it. My first away with my son was Preston away too in Carlos’s first season. Sadly we ended a great run of scintillating form by losing one-nil and playing garbage.

Hoping for better for your special day.

2 hours ago, hugeowl said:

I don’t buy into that if they get injured guff , that’s what a squad is for anyway,Reach Pelupessy Palmer and Murphy can slot in 

we used to manage with your best 11 and 1 Sub

plus the Sub could only come on for a Injured player 

Well how do you fit 4 central midfielders into the same team, no point shoehorning them.

Quality & somewhat eerie omdt. Are there spooks working for SCC? Well, kick them in the ghoulies & carry on regardless. Maybe we should lodge a complaint......

I hate this fixture. Why do they always get so fired up playing against us?

Why do we always play crap there?

Those stats about winning there are shocking. But, anything's possible in this division, so, with that in mind, I'm going for a 2-2 draw. 

UTO.

I’d go

Westwood

Moses

Lees

Borner

Palmer/Fox - not fussed really. 

Hutchinson

Bannan

Luongo

Murphy

Fletcher

Harris

Subs: Dawson, Iorfa, Fox/Palmer, Lee, Reach, Forestieri, Nuhiu

Nuhiu makes the bench over Rhodes as he tends to have good games against Preston over the years.