Booing Morgan Fox

2 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I can’t recall any booing when the team sheets were read out.  I recall the odd groan with a couple of backward passes first half (particularly when failing to play it along the line to Harris), but genuinely can’t recall the lad getting pelters.   

Im in the south just behind Bullen FWIW, so somewhat surprised when LB mentioned post match. 

Selective hearing ? 

2 hours ago, markg said:

Definitely heard booing on the kop when his name was read out. Pathetic.

I've known much worse players play for us and not have that treatment, I just don't get it.

I also heard this

Said it many many times and been ignored , the amount of stick some of our own ‘fans’ dish out to some of our own players is an absolute joke 

1 hour ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Where did the booing come from ?

Certainly didn't hear anything in the south stand, I sit to the kop side of the directors box.

If there was booing, which is out of order, fair play to lad he answered with that performance.

Some people just can't let things go.

Kop

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Said it many many times and been ignored , the amount of stick some of our own ‘fans’ dish out to some of our own players is an absolute joke 

I genuinely think that people bring their own personal frustrations with them and take it out on some players. I have a bloke near me who berates Tom Lees constantly 

strange but it happens

Romping away with the league and we've got the usual wet lettuces going on about a few murmurs of discontent 

When we were pressing them in the second half, playing with pace and aggression the atmosphere was brilliant - god forbid anyone goes on about that though 

3 hours ago, martyn8484 said:

According to the Star "The fans booed his name before the match and he looked a little bereft of confidence. Far better in the second half.

If that's true, shame on any one that did this. That's not what we should be about. 

Boo a bad performance, boo a huge mistake, DON'T BOO A PLAYER BEING ANNOUNCED IN THE TEAM, fizz sake!

A few boos when his name was read out, certainly a vast minority. 

You could see his confidence dwindle with a couple of wrong passing decisions he made and the crowd groaning, yet defensively he made 3 exceptional tackles to block cross and overall I thought was good. If fans just get off his back he's a good player. He's never gonna take on 2 players and whip a cross in or pick out a perfect through ball to put fletch in on goal but he's OK. 

Interesting to see Harris praising his performance on the Official site. 

3 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

No idea on the booing but he was dreadful first half, excellent second 

To be fair, the whole team were awful first half and better second half, especially a few of the crowd favourites who get cheered on however badly they play and never booed because they are part of the "in crowd". At least Fox did get better as the game went on, first half and second half, despite hearing the boos and despite being booed by so called fans occasionally at Hillsborough last season too.

Unfortunately, there are idiot sections of every fan base, easily led fools that follow the gobby drunks like sheep and spend more time trying to copy these idiots than actually watching the game. Many of these buffoons have decided before the match which players are going to be in with a shout for man of the match and which players will not even be considered, because they are either liked, or disliked by the gobby dimwits, that know very little about football whether they were ever any good at playing themselves, or not.

I am glad that none of the crowd booed any of the untouchable favourites too last night, or it would have been a very loud night, because Bannan, Westwood, Hutchinson and even new favourites Harris, Odubajo and Murphy made plenty of mistakes and at times looked as though they were different players to the ones that played so well in the first couple of games. Anybody watching the game could see that Fox looked as awkward at first, as anybody would, that had been booed on and off since turning out at Hillsborough, but anybody bothered enough to actually watch what he actually did would soon have realised that he was a) doing what he had been told to do and b) despite looking awkward at first he did far more things right than he did wrong, unlike the untouchables who could have cost us the game with their constant messing about and  mistakes. Maybe some of us only think we see players having a better game than they are given credit for, but where Fox is concerned the statistics back up what I saw last night. His long ball pass rate was the best in the team last night (55%) with the two players nearest to him, Hutchinson (50%) and Bannan (33%) only managing to make one less long pass than Fox between them (Fox made 5 accurate long passes, Hutch 2 and Bannan 2). Defensively only Borner did better than Fox, with Odubajo making the same number of tackles as Fox, but also an interception, a blocked shot and 4 clearances to Odubajo's 0 and only one foul to Odubajo's 4. The only players for us who had more touches of the ball were Bannan (77), many of whose touches were unnecessary (should have passed earlier), were bad (lost control of the ball) or took us into trouble (got tackled or squeezed out) in dangerous areas around or box, and Julian Borner, who was my man of the Match just in front of Harris, then Fox and then Fletcher, who battled pretty much on his own during a limp first half.

Seeing Fox on the team sheet fills me with dread at times, but mainly because I know that I will probably end up arguing with some of his vocal critics that sit close to me. They did not boo him, but early in the game could not wait to criticise him while he was making himself available and getting involved in the game, while all around the pitch most of the team were not pulling their weight, or giving him an option to pass to.

Edited by Ante's Bubbly

5 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

No idea on the booing but he was dreadful first half, excellent second 

What did he do that was dreadful in the context of a half when no one excelled?

His first tackle for example was excellent Moses had gone missing and we were basically 4 attackers against our 2 CB and Fox the 2 free guys at the backpost one of which was Lua Lua ( their most dangerous looking player IMO ) but Fox put in a fabulous tackle and stopped the cross 

Yes he played a couple of wayward balls which were roundly booed by the "fans" near me but so did Hutch without a murmur 

Fox overall had a decent game 

Edited by Lawrie Madden

I remember booing once when we lost 2-1 at home to Huddersfield near the end of the Jones reign. But apart from that i don't boo. I have not being a big fan of Fox and i'm not going to pretend i have, but he plays for us so booing is ridiculous before a game. Any booing should be at the end of the game, when things are actually bad. Doing it at halftime when 0-0 is very dramatic, not asking for standing ovation and singing either. But booing. give over.

I hope Fox keeps proving me wrong and is player of the season, because i am a fan and i want them all to do well. I am also allowed to have an opinion, also i am allowed to be wrong with that opinion like i was last night. Well done Fox!

2 hours ago, briggowl said:

A few boos when his name was read out, certainly a vast minority. 

You could see his confidence dwindle with a couple of wrong passing decisions he made and the crowd groaning, yet defensively he made 3 exceptional tackles to block cross and overall I thought was good. If fans just get off his back he's a good player. He's never gonna take on 2 players and whip a cross in or pick out a perfect through ball to put fletch in on goal but he's OK. 

Interesting to see Harris praising his performance on the Official site. 

Isn’t he though ? His crossing is really good . 

He played well , there are too many idiots in our fan base though 

Self fulfilling prophecy.

Boo the lad, knock his confidence and then when he makes a mistake (probably because he's petrified of making one) you can turn around and tell everyone *I told you so.*