Booing Morgan Fox

He's not Roberto Carlos.. but that's not a reason to boo the guy. We kept a clean sheet and he made a good tackle. Deserves a bit of credit, just as Palmer did when he was putting in decent performances but still getting dogs from some sections of the 'fans'.

Has he got a twitter account? We should all probably tweet him some encouragement. A confident player is a better player and there's no way he can be 100% hearing that.

Not for booing anyone. But he shouldn’t be anywhere near this team. It’s like he’s that bad of a football player than when he puts in a 6/10 performance he gets praised for it because his bar is set so low.

But yeah if you booed him, your an idiot. Not the lads fault he’s playing, he’s just not good enough. 

In all fairness to Fox, during his time with the club, he’s pretty much always been available for selection and I wonder if Abdi, for example, would have been booed had he ever been named on the team sheet.

There’s a few sat immediately behind us who have booed his name in the past (we arrived late last night so I can’t comment) and refuse to see a decent Morgan Fox performance regardless of the shift he puts in. Quite sad really. He may not be the most talented but as a professional he hasn’t put a foot wrong whilst at the club.

Wonder what the correlation is between the morons booing fox and brexiters that love Nigel Farage?

Both prone to simplistic answers to more complex problems and of chucking blame at easy targets. 

I'm sure there is quite an overlap.

Wish they would pipe the **** down whatever. 

4 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Not for booing anyone. But he shouldn’t be anywhere near this team. It’s like he’s that bad of a football player than when he puts in a 6/10 performance he gets praised for it because his bar is set so low.

But yeah if you booed him, your an idiot. Not the lads fault he’s playing, he’s just not good enough. 

He's not a bad footballer. 

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Wonder what the correlation is between the morons booing fox and brexiters that love Nigel Farage?

Both prone to simplistic answers to more complex problems and of chucking blame at easy targets. 

I'm sure there is quite an overlap.

Wish they would pipe the **** down whatever. 

Must admit I thought the same. Stubborn arseholes who get a view in their head and then refuse to budge for fear of having to climb down. 

I reckon 100% of those who booed Fox last night voted for Brexit. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, akbuk said:

He was booed which I don't condone or understand and he did ok but he's still the whipping not for some so called fans

Where did the booing come from ?

Certainly didn't hear anything in the south stand, I sit to the kop side of the directors box.

If there was booing, which is out of order, fair play to lad he answered with that performance.

Some people just can't let things go.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Bullen on Fox:

“I’ll tell you what, at times that’s not the Sheffield Wednesday support I know.  Morgan Fox, that match saving block he’s made with ten minutes to go in the 18 yard box was unbelievable; and you saw a marked difference from Morgans first half performance to his second half performance because the crowd were supporting him, cheering him, getting behind him trying to lift him and I thought he was outstanding in the second half .First half he is a bit nervous because the crowd are getting on his back a little bit”

‘Bout says it all really...you don’t need a degree in psychology to understand Bully’s explanation and the sooner the boo boys get it the better.... I fear that it will take decades though.

2 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Not sure where this booing of Fox came from last night , he wasn’t booed whilst playing , there was a small section booing the team off at half time , obviously some felt we could do much better . I never boo our boys I think it’s wrong . 

Unfortunately there was booing when his name was read out, it came from the Kop quite clearly.

Shame on them they should know better.

Probably same people booing Jacob Butterfield for trying to make a living playing football. We didn't want him, thankfully,  but what do people expect him to do other than play for another team.

28 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Must admit I thought the same. Stubborn arseholes who get a view in their head and then refuse to budge for fear of having to climb down. 

I reckon 100% of those who booed Fox last night voted for Brexit. 

Top of the league and we get this nonsense 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

‘Bout says it all really...you don’t need a degree in psychology to understand Bully’s explanation and the sooner the boo boys get it the better.... I fear that it will take decades though.

I'm not sure it'll ever die away.

There's many who think it will actually make them play better. "Good job we booed him an all. just the kick up the arris he needed to play better second half. That'll learn him"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Bullen on Fox:

“I’ll tell you what, at times that’s not the Sheffield Wednesday support I know.  Morgan Fox, that match saving block he’s made with ten minutes to go in the 18 yard box was unbelievable; and you saw a marked difference from Morgans first half performance to his second half performance because the crowd were supporting him, cheering him, getting behind him trying to lift him and I thought he was outstanding in the second half .First half he is a bit nervous because the crowd are getting on his back a little bit”

A quick message to Bullen. Please don’t say ‘I’ll tell you what ‘ again. It makes you sound like Brian the Blunt. 

"Booooo"

"Why are you booing him"

"Coz hes sh!!t"

"Well that'll help"

Foxy is not Ashley Cole, but he cost peanuts, hes improved a lot since the early days. He is decent cover, so get behind the bugg3r and lets get him exceeding our expectations.

Words fail me. All clubs have these fans but in recent years the percentage of ours seems to have risen. Sod off all of you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I can’t recall any booing when the team sheets were read out.  I recall the odd groan with a couple of backward passes first half (particularly when failing to play it along the line to Harris), but genuinely can’t recall the lad getting pelters.   

Im in the south just behind Bullen FWIW, so somewhat surprised when LB mentioned post match. 

There was plenty of audible booing from the North and Kop when Fox's name was read out. Really poor form our superb fans.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"