Booing Morgan Fox

According to the Star "The fans booed his name before the match and he looked a little bereft of confidence. Far better in the second half.

If that's true, shame on any one that did this. That's not what we should be about. 

Boo a bad performance, boo a huge mistake, DON'T BOO A PLAYER BEING ANNOUNCED IN THE TEAM, fizz sake!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, martyn8484 said:

According to the Star "The fans booed his name before the match and he looked a little bereft of confidence. Far better in the second half.

If that's true, shame on any one that did this. That's not what we should be about. 

Boo a bad performance, boo a huge mistake, DON'T BOO A PLAYER BEING ANNOUNCED IN THE TEAM, fizz sake!

Dont boo a bad mistake, it doesn’t help Sheffield Wednesday if that happens. Not booed once in my life, but if you want to boo, save it til the end of the match when it won’t affect our performance 

• Like 1

I can’t recall any booing when the team sheets were read out.  I recall the odd groan with a couple of backward passes first half (particularly when failing to play it along the line to Harris), but genuinely can’t recall the lad getting pelters.   

Im in the south just behind Bullen FWIW, so somewhat surprised when LB mentioned post match. 

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes
  • Like 1

Decent game yesterday.

Infact I'd argue he saved us 2 valuable points at the end.

He's been generally ok in the last few games I've seen him to be honest.

But once people are in the targets some never escape...

He wasn't the only one who made a wayward pass yesterday. But the only one who seems to get the groans that more 'popular' players avoid when they do similarly.

There's always one. Always has been.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, martyn8484 said:

You know how it works with some if our fans. If Dave isnt playing , then Fox is the scapegoat.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Decent game yesterday.

Infact I'd argue he saved us 2 valuable points at the end.

He's been generally ok in the last few games I've seen him to be honest.

But once people are in the targets some never escape...

He wasn't the only one who made a wayward pass yesterday. But the only one who seems to get the groans that more 'popular' players avoid when they do similarly.

There's always one. Always has been.  

Some of his past performances are the cause of negativity he has to win round the doubters that’s all , if he’s good enough he will , not sure he can are you ?  

6 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Not sure where this booing of Fox came from last night , he wasn’t booed whilst playing , there was a small section booing the team off at half time , obviously some felt we could do much better . I never boo our boys I think it’s wrong . 

He was heckled excessively as soon as he made a mistake. This does not happen to other players, especially golden boys like Bannan. 

Just now, owls maniac said:

He was heckled excessively as soon as he made a mistake. This does not happen to other players, especially golden boys like Bannan. 

My hearing must be bad then , the crowd were impatient when we weren’t going forward at times , there was the odd groan at a misplaced pass but that wasn’t just aimed at Fox was it .

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Some of his past performances are the cause of negativity he has to win round the doubters that’s all , if he’s good enough he will , not sure he can are you ?  

Your right there.

We love booing a lad for bad games in previous seasons.

Fox could be 9/10 from now till the end of the season but would still get groaned for a miss-placed pass.

Just how it is.

Nice to see Bullen sticking up for him in the interview though. "Course he might make a mistake. You do when with all the groans. Much better second half when people got behind him."

Funny that.