Booing Morgan Fox

14 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

But once people are in the targets some never escape...

Absolute fknuggets.

Once you've been scapegoated...that's it...People must be so stubborn that they will never change their mind.  Like they are not even watching whats happening on the pitch.  They must be ready for it all day, getting ready to abuse someone, anyone.

Booing when his name was announced...groaning and shouting at his decision to pass it inside. Booing when the players went off at halftime.  Jesus get a life, or fk off to the pantomime.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

He also made a few decent challenges & a vital block in the second half & everybody was on their feet recognising it. Some good defending as a proper left back. It's the nature of the game he's in. Got to take the rough with the smooth. Odubajo gave a few away & there were groans too. Sadly, nobody is immune. Reach, Lees all did it & got groans.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Your right there.

We love booing a lad for bad games in previous seasons.

Fox could be 9/10 from now till the end of the season but would still get groaned for a miss-placed pass.

Just how it is.

Nice to see Bullen sticking up for him in the interview though. "Course he might make a mistake. You do when with all the groans. Much better second half when people got behind him."

Funny that.

Mistakes are expected because he has made many in games gone by it’s like some are just waiting for him to mess up so they can groan and say told you so . Fans have their opinions but booing a player is not helping our cause at all . I see a decent player in there somewhere he has a lot going for him I reckon .

Just now, The only way is S6 said:

He also made a few decent challenges & a vital block in the second half & everybody was on their feet recognising it. Some good defending as a proper left back. It's the nature of the game he's in. Got to take the rough with the smooth. Odubajo gave a few away & there were groans too. Sadly, nobody is immune. Reach, Lees all did it & got groans.

Spot on

It definitely needs to stop, the hate campaign against him every season is getting pathetic.

The collective groan when he received  the ball in a tight space last night was an absolute embarrassment. 

I’m by no means his biggest fan, but I think people are being a little shortsighted in their expectations. Admittedly he is a very limited full back, but when it comes  defending he is pretty faultless most of the time.

People are expecting far too much from him on the ball, and he doesn’t get much help from his teammates 99% of the time either. He looked a lot better when Harris started to come short for the ball. While ever we force him to play clever passes he isn’t capable of he’ll look crap.  It’s like playing Bannan at centre back and then complaining that he’s not winning headers. 

6 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Absolute fknuggets.

Once you've been scapegoated...that's it...People must be so stubborn that they will never change their mind.  Like they are not even watching whats happening on the pitch.  They must be ready for it all day, getting ready to abuse someone, anyone.

Booing when his name was announced...groaning and shouting at his decision to pass it inside. Booing when the players went off at halftime.  Jesus get a life, or fk off to the pantomime.

You sound angry ? 

4 minutes ago, mrrodge said:

There has to be a scapegoat even when we are winning.

Fox and Reach seem to be the most recent targets.

I don't understand it

Some very sad people seem to get off on undermining someones confidence. Probably same people who booed Sheridan in the 90's.

Well done LB for speaking out. It's time these saddos were publicly shamed. 

• Haha 1

Anyone booing a Wednesday player is a prize tvvat.... pizz off and support someone else.

We’ve all seen some horrendous Wednesday players in our time, but I for one has never booed any of them.

And for what it’s worth I thought Fox was pretty good last night.

19 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

I didn't hear any booing? and I would have noticed as I would have joined in...never been good enough imo

What is this about?

Even if you thought he was the worst player ever to wear the shirt, that still wouldn't warrant you booing him... Managers deem players good enough for a place or not, its actually nothing to do with him FFS!!!

Boo for continued lack of effort, boo for a poor attitude by all means, but Morgan Fox has never shown either... In fact considering the unwarranted sh*t he gets its a credit to the player that's always been the case.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Decent game yesterday.

Infact I'd argue he saved us 2 valuable points at the end.

He's been generally ok in the last few games I've seen him to be honest.

But once people are in the targets some never escape...

He wasn't the only one who made a wayward pass yesterday. But the only one who seems to get the groans that more 'popular' players avoid when they do similarly.

There's always one. Always has been.  

it's not just the boos. You can hear a disenchanted chuntering coming from the crowd every time he gets the ball. He seemed to get the blame for the rest of the team not giving him an option when on the ball. How's he supposed to play with that going on?

He did make a couple of errors but on the whole I thought he played well. Certainly not the only one to misplace a pass.

Get off his back lads.

Bullen on Fox:

“I’ll tell you what, at times that’s not the Sheffield Wednesday support I know.  Morgan Fox, that match saving block he’s made with ten minutes to go in the 18 yard box was unbelievable; and you saw a marked difference from Morgans first half performance to his second half performance because the crowd were supporting him, cheering him, getting behind him trying to lift him and I thought he was outstanding in the second half .First half he is a bit nervous because the crowd are getting on his back a little bit”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

It definitely needs to stop, the hate campaign against him every season is getting pathetic.

The collective groan when he received  the ball in a tight space last night was an absolute embarrassment. 

I’m by no means his biggest fan, but I think people are being a little shortsighted in their expectations. Admittedly he is a very limited full back, but when it comes  defending he is pretty faultless most of the time.

People are expecting far too much from him on the ball, and he doesn’t get much help from his teammates 99% of the time either. He looked a lot better when Harris started to come short for the ball. While ever we force him to play clever passes he isn’t capable of he’ll look crap.  It’s like playing Bannan at centre back and then complaining that he’s not winning headers. 

Well said.

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Bullen on Fox:

“I’ll tell you what, at times that’s not the Sheffield Wednesday support I know.  Morgan Fox, that match saving block he’s made with ten minutes to go in the 18 yard box was unbelievable; and you saw a marked difference from Morgans first half performance to his second half performance because the crowd were supporting him, cheering him, getting behind him trying to lift him and I thought he was outstanding in the second half .First half he is a bit nervous because the crowd are getting on his back a little bit”

Well said Bullen.

I hope some of our fans read that, and reflect on their shitty behaviour. 

I thought Fox played well. His mistakes aren't forgiven as much as say Hutch's are. The bloke who sits behing me has an unhealthy, vitriolic, spiteful and relentless dislike of him. When Fox put in an excellent crunching tackle, there was silence. When he misplaced a pass, there was a tirade of tiresome abuse. It's pathetic. Fox gives a hundred per cent and such abuse will only damage fragile confidence.