21 fouls vs their 3 fouls

We did make more obvious fouls, but the ref was giving them easily and once he started, couldn't really stop. It makes the game sound dirty which it wasn't.

Shame the ref didn't see the fouls on us in the same way otherwise it would have been 21 all!

9 hours ago, Owlinator said:

It was nearly the same at Millwall even though we had all the possession. I think it's because of our new high pressing trying to pinch the ball.

Yes, at Millwall they were given 16 fouls to our 6. It's to do with the pressing but also a lot of naivety in one to ones. We need to wise up - opposition players going nowhere are looking for the slightest contact to buy a foul and we seemed only too happy on a number of occasions on Saturday and last night to give them a reason to fall over.

Te best foul of all was Hutchinson’s that wasn’t a foul....the one towards the middle of the second half in front of the North Stand where he ran like Bolt at the player, looked like he was going to snap him in to a million pieces and then pulled out at the last second.....that would have been worth another 20 if he’d gone through with it

As people have already alluded to, Hutchinson is the reason why we clock up so many fouls and long may it continue

Guest addedtime

When the ref booked Hutchinson, the funny thing for me was that the ref didn't have to point to specific parts of the pitch where his fouls occurred. He just vaguely pointed everywhere.

1 minute ago, addedtime said:

When the ref booked Hutchinson, the funny thing for me was that the ref didn't have to point to specific parts of the pitch where his fouls occurred. He just vaguely pointed everywhere.

Bloke next to me said that, he just pointed all over. 

This totting up thing annoys me though. If fouls aren't deemed to be yellow cards then don't give yellow cards. If a foul is a yellow then give it. There's no set number of non yellows before it's given. Might put it in the match day peeve thread. 

Second half we got stuck in. Was great to see...even Reach put in some tough tackles. How many times in the last 3 years have seen teams, like Luton, come to S6 and bully us? We sort of let them do that in the first half, but second half we upped a gear and went for them. 

Ref was a cretin though. 

8 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

We did make more obvious fouls, but the ref was giving them easily and once he started, couldn't really stop. It makes the game sound dirty which it wasn't.

Shame the ref didn't see the fouls on us in the same way otherwise it would have been 21 all!

This. I can't believe some are saying the ref was OK. I thought he was shocking. You know a ref is bad when people just start laughing at some of the decisions. Dangerous tackles on Bannan and Murphy went unpunished yet it was only because they jumped out of the way that thye weren't injured. Yet when we toepoked to win a ball at close quarters they simply went down and the ref was so easily fooled.  At the start of the second half their GK was warned about timewasting yet took just as long immediatley after being told!   It was amusing to see him racing into the corner to retrieve the ball in the last minutes though.