21 fouls vs their 3 fouls

1 minute ago, ohgoditsjames said:

I mean the ref literally blew his whistle every time we even dared put a tackle in, ref gave us nothing 

Can you remember any fouls against us that weren’t given, or any fouls we made that were unfairly penalised?

I can’t 

Thought the referee was good and probably gave the best interpretation of playing advantage that I’ve seen for a while

• Like 1

Just now, McRightSide said:

Can you remember any fouls against us that weren’t given, or any fouls we made that were unfairly penalised?

I can’t 

Thought the referee was good and probably gave the best interpretation of playing advantage that I’ve seen for a while

Fletcher was bundled over in the middle by their player going down without being touched yet they were given the decision, that’s one on the top of my head...

6 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I can’t 

I thought they were all fouls where you give the opportunity for a ref to blow his whistle but they were all fouls where they just go down at the start of the match. 

Millwall did it constantly at the weekend to waste time and it takes a ref with balls to try and get some flow in the game rather than give every soft touch so players just fall over at the slightest touch. 

Having said all that tonight we still have some daft fouls away and I agree the ref did okay other than the first point which again is arguable. 

We fouled them a few times, especially 2nd half where we seemed to up our aggression. They wilted under it. I loved seeing us do it. They came for a point or to nick a goal and sit back. As soon as the game kicked off they were time wasting. Right up until we scored in fact. Safe journey back empty handed. 

I don’t think the ref did too much wrong last night. In fact, one of the better ref performances I’ve seen. I reckon I disagreed with him maybe 3/4 times. 

The one against Villa was quite the opposite, that was an awful display. I’m going on memory but it was something like 1 foul given on our behalf but 23 conceeded