9 hours ago, andytrig said:

Reduced capacity will mean charging more for the remaining seats. DC is facing an enforced reduction in turnover so will have to try and recoup it somehow.

Well he isn't getting a reduction in crowds cos the ground wont be full anyway

Furthermore hes actually gained money  as folk like me are paying more to go in the south !

I don’t agree with this level of pricing but the EFL have to take some of the blame due to not letting owners spend their own money, lets remember that very few will actually pay £36 as lots of ST holders, members will be attending. If your happy to be a walk up fan your going to be paying a premium and that won’t change.

11 minutes ago, the monk said:

Two wins on the trot = flying = price hike

Dont think I can afford promotion !

Last game of the season.

Kop Concessions £115 - AMEX Gold only.

Includes admission and free glass of Pimms.

What the fek is Pimms? 56 years old and never had a Pimms. Must try it to see what the fuss is all about.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I don’t agree with this level of pricing but the EFL have to take some of the blame due to not letting owners spend their own money, lets remember that very few will actually pay £36 as lots of ST holders, members will be attending. If your happy to be a walk up fan your going to be paying a premium and that won’t change.

DC put up the prices from day 1 when he could spend his own money 

If very few are walking up what's the point having them bent over ?

7 minutes ago, the monk said:

DC put up the prices from day 1 when he could spend his own money 

If very few are walking up what's the point having them bent over ?

He couldn’t spend his own money from day 1, FFP still had to abided by.

It’s to encourage the few walk ups that there are (less than a 1000 per game) to invest in an ST or Members card, if you only attend a very limited number of games the cost isn’t going to stop you.

31 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Last game of the season.

Kop Concessions £115 - AMEX Gold only.

Includes admission and free glass of Pimms.

What the fek is Pimms? 56 years old and never had a Pimms. Must try it to see what the fuss is all about.

It’s like lemonade with a bloo loo flush thing in it, I’ve heard.....

Stick some crab sticks in a brown bap & we’ve got our S6 prawn sarnie too. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

He's ripping them off. 

£36 for the kop is a disgrace. I know we are box office now, but at a time when another club in the same city is playing PL football we should be doing all we can to attract floating supporters. 

It is but only about 500 people out of a crowd of 20k + will be paying it.

6 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Ah that's alright then. As long as it's only 500 Wednesdayites being ripped off it's all good :rolleyes:

Maybe if the prices were more reasonable that 500 would be more like 1/2K?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, andytrig said:

Reduced capacity will mean charging more for the remaining seats. DC is facing an enforced reduction in turnover so will have to try and recoup it somehow.

Not that simple.

Some of those not able to get in North Stand may well opt for South and increase revenues.

Longer term it may also allow larger attendances in the West Stand if SAG/SYP no longer worry about conflict in Leppings Lane.

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Ah that's alright then. As long as it's only 500 Wednesdayites being ripped off it's all good :rolleyes:

Maybe if the prices were more reasonable that 500 would be more like 1/2K?

It wouldn't, it never has been. They are not forced to attend btw so they can't be ripped off.

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

It wouldn't, it never has been. They are not forced to attend btw so they can't be ripped off.

No they aren't forced to attend, but why are we pricing out supporters who want to attend and support the team?

£36 to sit on the Kop with pillars in the way and facilities straight out of the 1980's is scandalous. I don't know how anyone can defend it to be honest. 

10 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

1. Those 500  people you mention (it's actually at least double that) are still being ripped off.

2. Have you thought that it would be alot more walk up, if people either didn't think they were being ripped off or worse simply can't afford those prices?

3. It isn't just those people our S/t holders and members still pay well over the odds, the prices just appear to be a bargain when compared to the matchday prices.