1 minute ago, sw1867 said:

How anyone can defend any fan under any circumstance paying our Championship POTG prices is ridiculous.

Football is too expensive everywhere but to the extreme at Hillsborough.

Because some fans are too scared to criticise DC, even if it means fellow supporters are priced out/ ripped off. 

Problem is it's a slippery slope. Maybe if they hit £40 and toppOwl is priced out then he may have more sympathy for those dads who don't have £100 spare to take their two kids to a match at Hillsborough.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

Aren't wage caps against the law?

Think it depends how the contract is written, and how the league is run. 

Works in america. Think each team's only allowed to spend something like 300k perweek on player wages for the entire squad. Except for one international designated player. 

2 hours ago, toppOwl said:

He couldn’t spend his own money from day 1, FFP still had to abided by.

It’s to encourage the few walk ups that there are (less than a 1000 per game) to invest in an ST or Members card, if you only attend a very limited number of games the cost isn’t going to stop you.

Utter garbage why should any group of Owls fans be fleeced. I work various shift patterns so cant attend 1 in 2 home games and im sure many other Owls fans are in this situation. Why does that mean we should be exploited ??. 

Edited by ZicoSterland2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, toppOwl said:

It is but only about 500 people out of a crowd of 20k + will be paying it.

Is that good then . We are managing to totally wipe out the walk up support. The mind boggles at some peoples views on here. Many walk ups used to bring the kids who are the future of the club. Lets remove that future part of the fan base. Very short term thinking and economics.

2 hours ago, RedDragonOwl said:

At some point it's going to be the same at most grounds unless EFL either, scrap the investment restrictions or introduce a wage cap. I'm more in favour of a wage cap, but can't see it happening untill the top league begins to crumble.

P & S is to all intents and purposes a wage cap and a transfer fee cap all at the same time unless you are in receipt of parachute payments.

I still think it's unfair but that's because of parachute payments.

3 hours ago, Kopparberg said:
Age Minimum hourly rate2019-20
25 and over £8.21

Based on this, it’s approximately 4 and half hours work go to the match. 

Football in general is getting a bit silly. 

It’s half an hour with my rates!!

Considering gate receipts don't make much of a difference in this day and age, it is surprising that we're still persisting with the current pricing structure. We used to have a 50/50 split of season ticket holders and POTG/match ticket buyers, generally because gate admission was relatively cheap pre-Chansiri era.

If we knocked £10 off the price of each stand, would it really have an adverse effect? We probably only have 3-4,000 people on average who are prepared to pay current match day prices anyway; increasing that figure is key.

4 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

Considering gate receipts don't make much of a difference in this day and age, it is surprising that we're still persisting with the current pricing structure. We used to have a 50/50 split of season ticket holders and POTG/match ticket buyers, generally because gate admission was relatively cheap pre-Chansiri era.

If we knocked £10 off the price of each stand, would it really have an adverse effect? We probably only have 3-4,000 people on average who are prepared to pay current match day prices anyway; increasing that figure is key.

Considering we've clocked up over £50 million of losses in the last few years I would say it's a drop in the ocean. And yet DC is oblivious to the fact it will do long term damage to our support. 

I think it's clear his mindset is "I'm putting millions in, so you need to pay top whack in return". It's really not on, and doesn't work like that.  

Edited by owls maniac
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

I guess they have done their sums and worked out the profit margin for high prices exceeds that of low prices and higher numbers.

By quite a lot I would guess. 

2 hours ago, toppOwl said:

He couldn’t spend his own money from day 1, FFP still had to abided by.

It’s to encourage the few walk ups that there are (less than a 1000 per game) to invest in an ST or Members card, if you only attend a very limited number of games the cost isn’t going to stop you.

FFP had to be abided by...

That's why we managed to end up in two transfer embargos....

:Chansiri:

13 hours ago, PortlandOwl said:

On what basis can this ever be classed as a category C match. £36 on the Kop? Absolutely ridiculous.

Not this again prices too high bla bla.

If you dont like it fomt go  sick of all the whining about prices of everything.

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think with the selling of multi year season tickets the club has backed itself into a corner with ticket prices with very little wiggle room.

Probably. All part of our short termist, money up front approach. Problem is it creates issues and ill- feeling further down the line.

• Like 1