8 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

lol oh dear. 

Your not not understanding this are you? The fact we have less than 1k walk ups per game historically means we are failing significantly at attracting fans to come and pay on the day. We are discussing the pricing keeping people away, it is..... otherwise walk ups would have increased. 

I cant get in this discussion with you because I will end up going around  in circles trying to point out glaringly obvious simple economics to you and I have promised I won’t get in spats anymore.  

Sorry but you just just don’t get it and I doubt ever will. Have a great day. 

We didn't get many walk ups when the prices were cheaper so we won't get them now, speak to the ticket office manager, he'll explain it all to you he's a nice bloke.

Get back to managing your imaginary companies.

6 hours ago, owls maniac said:

No they aren't forced to attend, but why are we pricing out supporters who want to attend and support the team?

£36 to sit on the Kop with pillars in the way and facilities straight out of the 1980's is scandalous. I don't know how anyone can defend it to be honest. 

If we charged 1980s prices it would be about a tenner to get in. 

40 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

lol 

if he’s telling you it doesn’t make a difference nice bloke or not if I was in charge he would be sacked right here today. 

If what he has has told you is correct, and I do t want to call you a liar then he absolutely sucks balls at his job, we have a city population of close to 600k. 

We have floating occasional fans of upto 38/40k as we know from our Wembley trips, we also have students, fans in nearby city’s and towns, children who probably haven’t yet gone to a game. 

What you are telling me is it’s pointless whatever the price, I mean wow. Yeah marketing plays a part of course it does but if he’s seriously saying that to you then Chansiri needs to be straight in right now and fizz him out of the club. 

lol let’s just give up trying to get new fans, no point we don’t have any potential.

im sat here shaking my head but I don’t know if it’s at you topowl or the bloke you said as told you this. That’s if he has indeed. 

Btw I’m actually sat this week planning out two business plans with multiple forecasts for growth, so it’s quite topical atm 

Your the bloke who said we could raise millions by getting sponsorship that the owner already puts the maximum in for, i'd file those forecasts of yours in the waste basket where they belong.

19 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Ever thought of not reading the threads and putting yourself through it. Don't like it, don't read it. No-one is twisting your arm etc etc etc.

lol

Wouldn't be much of a forum if everyone just agreed with each other now would it.

Watching Wednesday has always been dest accordingbyo some people, for as long as I can remember people have complained about the cost of Pay on the day.

7 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I've targeted Fulham for my first home game this year and I'm bringing my Newcastle supporting father in law along... I've had to treat him to a ticket because I'm embarrassed to tell him our prices.. it's awkward because he likes to pay his way..

Let him get the pies and beers in at HT, you'll be all square then. :image:

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Wouldn't be much of a forum if everyone just agreed with each other now would it.

Watching Wednesday has always been dest accordingbyo some people, for as long as I can remember people have complained about the cost of Pay on the day.

Nope so stop moaning at people. 

24 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Your the bloke who said we could raise millions by getting sponsorship that the owner already puts the maximum in for, i'd file those forecasts of yours in the waste basket where they belong.

People who boast about their so called business success and talk about fairy tale encounters with clients are best ignored.

35 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

He didn't.

Fleecing and deterring away fans - luckily Reading and Preston eg take a different view.

"Ticket prices - Chansiri was pretty combative on this, seemed unrepentant about the high prices, constantly pointing to how season tickets and memberships are the way to go for home fans. He argued that on the back of last year's performances we should expect to pay more. According to him the matchday pricing is made primarily with away fans in mind as I guess they expect the home fans to have already bought in advance. He said some slightly alarming stuff which made it sound as though he didn't want that many Villa fans there on opening day, to make sure our atmosphere stays intimidating, "

28 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Fleecing and deterring away fans - luckily Reading and Preston eg take a different view.

"Ticket prices - Chansiri was pretty combative on this, seemed unrepentant about the high prices, constantly pointing to how season tickets and memberships are the way to go for home fans. He argued that on the back of last year's performances we should expect to pay more. According to him the matchday pricing is made primarily with away fans in mind as I guess they expect the home fans to have already bought in advance. He said some slightly alarming stuff which made it sound as though he didn't want that many Villa fans there on opening day, to make sure our atmosphere stays intimidating, "

Totally delusional. He does realise rival clubs will just retaliate and hit owls fans hard? 

20 hours ago, andytrig said:

Yes, I just made up the basic economic principle of supply and demand?

That would only hypothetically apply if demand exceeded supply. 

Were you expecting a sell out against QPR? 

If not - plenty of seats to go round. 

So unless you can find a club statement to the contrary , yr post was made up: DC isn't hiking up prices because of the SAG groups ruling. 

Edited by Beholder

12 hours ago, toppOwl said:

I don’t agree with this level of pricing but the EFL have to take some of the blame due to not letting owners spend their own money, lets remember that very few will actually pay £36 as lots of ST holders, members will be attending. If your happy to be a walk up fan your going to be paying a premium and that won’t change.

I love how it's such a simple choice for so many. 

There are people who don't live in Sheffield you know. People who can't attend enough games to make it worth buying a season ticket...

2 hours ago, poite said:

I love how it's such a simple choice for so many. 

There are people who don't live in Sheffield you know. People who can't attend enough games to make it worth buying a season ticket...

Total nonsense, if you don't live in Sheffield and are making a special trip paying an extra fiver is not going to deter them, Wembley tickets sold pretty well at a much higher price. If you can't attend many games then pick the cheaper or save a little to go to the ones you really want to, is it really that difficult.

5 hours ago, rickygoo said:

The quote you've used is someones interpretation of what was said no evidence whatsoever.