44 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I want a fleet of Lamborghini’s but it’s not going to happen.

Which is of course directly comparable to going to watch a football club that has been supported and fostered by the Sheffield community for a century and half. 

3 hours ago, toppOwl said:

I didn’t, the ticket office manager did, a good number of the ones who don’t have ST’s will be members so not counted as walk ups.

Anyone who's not a season ticket holder is by default a "pay on the gater". Albeit members they get a fiver off, So QPR would be £31 minimum in the cheapest stand.

4 minutes ago, BigBlueDan said:

Anyone who's not a season ticket holder is by default a "pay on the gater". Albeit members they get a fiver off, So QPR would be £31 minimum in the cheapest stand.

Although the actual cost depends on adding in the relevant portion of the membership fee too.  

14 hours ago, toppOwl said:

The ticket office mate was sat by the side of Mr Chansiri when he said it, businesses are no longer bothered about walk ups, might not be to everyones liking but its how the world of entertainment works, how many gigs can you turn up on the night to attend?

Businesses are no longer bothered about walk ups???????

Most businesses totally rely on walk ups.

A "gig" is one off event.

All businesses that run on a regular basis need walk ups.

How would a cinema cope without "walk ups"?

After skimming through this thread it seems like the argument is getting confused by terminology.  The relevant figure to be concerned with is how many people buy tickets for an individual match - that is clearly far higher on average than the 1,000 that you quote.  If somebody that works at Wednesday is saying "walk ups" average 1,000 he is clearly only talking about the people that literally pay on the gate just before kick off.

3 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

I have every issue with pricing that makes future fans turn away so yes I have got issues and I have been vocal about it since the minute Mr Chansiri walked in. 

If he nods off talking about part of his job then he doesn’t like it that much. Trying to get an answer from you is like trying to get blood out of a stone lol. 

Simple question again do you know him know him personally and if so can you ask him if it’s possible? If you don’t know him and you just spoke to him then fine not a problem, it would just make sense if you know the guy to see if I could have the info for some research. 

I don’t know him personally but he’s very approachable, ask him what you like.

2 hours ago, BigBlueDan said:

No with membership you load up your card beforehand, pay on the gate/walk ups are literally what they are.

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Businesses are no longer bothered about walk ups???????

Most businesses totally rely on walk ups.

A "gig" is one off event.

All businesses that run on a regular basis need walk ups.

How would a cinema cope without "walk ups"?

After skimming through this thread it seems like the argument is getting confused by terminology.  The relevant figure to be concerned with is how many people buy tickets for an individual match - that is clearly far higher on average than the 1,000 that you quote.  If somebody that works at Wednesday is saying "walk ups" average 1,000 he is clearly only talking about the people that literally pay on the gate just before kick off.

He is and that’s what we are talking about.

10 hours ago, toppOwl said:

I want a fleet of Lamborghini’s but it’s not going to happen.

Yes, but have you previously ALWAYS had a fleet of Lamborghinis but then over the last 3 or 4 weeks been priced out by Lamborghini?

No? Then your reply bears no relevance to what I was saying, it just shows your "I'm alright Jack attitude" and lack of understanding.

If you've got a reasonable response give it, if not don't bother.

UTO!!

20 hours ago, toppOwl said:

No with membership you load up your card beforehand, pay on the gate/walk ups are literally what they are.

If you don't have a season ticket you pay for one game, whether it's online before the game as most will do, or on the gate. Just because the technology has changed doesn't mean it's still not "on the gate". 

11 minutes ago, BigBlueDan said:

If you don't have a season ticket you pay for one game, whether it's online before the game as most will do, or on the gate. Just because the technology has changed doesn't mean it's still not "on the gate". 

The club define walk ups as simply that, people who haven’t pre paid anything.

19 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

I’m going to leave this alone because every debate I get involved in I end up going around in circles for days and you change your stance about 30 times. 

Have a great weekend owlstalkers. UTO

In fairness, roland, that happens to you a lot on here, FFS lol 

Have a good weekend dude. UTO

Edited by cognacbarnowl
forgot summat lol