5 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

People who boast about their so called business success and talk about fairy tale encounters with clients are best ignored.

He spends that much time on here posting negative views he doesn't have time to run twenty businesses.

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

The thing is once again you had to turn it to me personally, even when I started discussing the topic. 

Thats what you do, have you asked your mate at the ticket office the question I put to you yet?  Better still write to Chansiri and see if he agrees, I’m sure he would be mortified if what you said is true and the ticket guy is saying we will never get more walk ups. 

As for future could you please stop having personal digs, my businesses do ok, not that it’s any of your business so back to topic please. 

The ticket office mate was sat by the side of Mr Chansiri when he said it, businesses are no longer bothered about walk ups, might not be to everyones liking but its how the world of entertainment works, how many gigs can you turn up on the night to attend?

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Are you really comparing one off gigs to watching a football team over a full season? 

You are really scraping the barrel. 

Like me I said ask them both or one of them the question I put.  If you don’t want to post the answer on here give me a shout on message and let me know. I’m generally interested in how they are monitoring or gauging improvements for gaining more fans. 

Gotcha - the only people paying high walk up prices are people who attend very few games, so akin to a one off, your argument is totally flawed. Get to bed you must have some blue sky thinking to do tomorrow.

Bit of a weird one this, when did you speak with him? And why was he with Chansiri?  

Seems a very odd thing to say in front of your boss

Its not an odd thing to say if its a fact once you've done your homework and walk ups are minimal, Premier League teams have zero walk ups, none.

Are you on the wind up now? None lol I’m not sure if you just try to get bites by posting nonsense like that or if you are being serious. 

It must be my imagination the big campaign about twenty is plenty. Zero walk ups in prem. wow. 

As for above, I have a morning off tomorrow, if I ring this guy in the ticket office, because I’m genrwlly interested in what they are doing, is he goi g to say who the hell is that guy I haven’t said any such thing?

Try attending a Premier League match on Saturday, see how you get on, take some photos once your in the ground.

No Alistair wont say that at all he'll back up what I said, don't ring him too early, he has very young children, good luck with the call.

Cool will do, who am I referencing ? Send me a message and I will tell him I spoke to you. I am generally interested and concerned at our lack of work to entice future fans, look back at my post history, you wil, see I have mentioned this numerous times so will be interesting to have a chat. 

I have payed to watch West Ham, arsenal and Chelsea whilst working in London. Give me a shout on here when you can name the clubs that have sold out the ground on season tickets. Have you got a reference to these clubs selling out purely on season tickets or is it just a wild statement?

Attend a Premier League game in the next few weeks, post a pic of your ticket and how much it cost, the past is irrelevant.

Don't need to reference anyone, you've already said you've wanted to know for a while, post a transcript of the convo on here once you've done it, I'm sure a few of us would be interested.

Just for reference, I picked the biggest game of the weekend two days away

https://tickets.mancity.com/en-GB/events/manchester city v tottenham hotspur/2019-8-17_17.30/the etihad stadium?hallmap

still for sale. 

I just followed the link and it says the event is sold out, if you say its not buy a ticket and post it on here.

Just now, 2roland2 said:

Ok will ring him then, like I said I’m genuinely interested and worried about this side of our club.

already posted the link to citeh v spurs. I’m not in London anytime soon so won’t be attending soon

There are no tickets available on the link you posted, the game is in Manchester btw.

Arsenal v Burnley - sold out

Villa v Bournemouth - sold out 

Brighton v West Ham - members only

Norwich v Newcastle - previous ST holders only

Southampton v Liverpool - previous purchasers only

Looks like you might not be attending a Prem game.

Sold out , with season tickets????

come back and tell me none of these are general sale tickets. 

You do understand walk ups arent just on the day do t you, people can buy one off tickets when they go on sale

I know exactly what walk ups mean, if you can get a ticket for a Prem game i'll buy it off you.

Like I said give me a list of clubs who dont sell general tickets game by game. 

You aren’t getting away with generalising this time. 

The issue in question was walk up fans, I've stated with back up from SWFC's ticket office manager that they are a small minority, the ticket situation for Premier League clubs proves the point, virtually no walk ups available, your living in the past.

Goodnight, when you get a ticket for a Prem game let me know,

Just now, 2roland2 said:

Walk up fans, potd, single ticket purchase it’s the same thing they are single match customers. 

I can book you about a dozen tickets tonight for the next 4 weeks, drop me your card details and I will get them you 

You can't, get me two tickets for a Liverpool game and my colleague at work will buy them off you 100%, PM me when you have them.

12 hours ago, toppOwl said:

There are less than a thousand walks ups per home game and have been for a long time, thats from ticket office manager Alistair Wilson.

There's nearer 1k than 500 per match. That's from a turnstile operator.

Even so the lower the number, just proves people are either too pissed off that on principal they won't pay or worse are being out priced.  (Please don't say it doesn't happen as it definetly does) UTO!

3 hours ago, toppOwl said:

The ticket office mate was sat by the side of Mr Chansiri when he said it, businesses are no longer bothered about walk ups, might not be to everyones liking but its how the world of entertainment works, how many gigs can you turn up on the night to attend?

I totally disagree with most of your opinions. Particularly the save up for matches or watch the cheaper games. I'm on minimum wage have a house, a child, a car etc to pay for. If I didn't work on the turnstiles I would be priced out. Not being funny but I want to watch every match not selected "unattractive matches" that the club throw out at cheap prices.

But I totally agree with  your opinion  onthis, DC and/or SWFC sadly (incorrectly)  don't want Potg that's why they are charging stupid prices. 

The only outcome it will have is less support and much smaller growth of the younger generation of SWFC fans. How do kids get to their 1st game? If parents don't buy them a S/t at a young age they will be lost forever, the old way of kids saving up and going to a match and paying on the gate with their mates, enjoying it then getting "the bug" will be lost forever as will a generation of future Owls fans.

If you and others are happy with that, the "rewards" will be reaped in future years.

It seems plenty on here can afford the matches but don't give a flying xxxx about others less fortunate (or the kids). A sad state of affairs in my opinion.

Ps I don't think DC has bad intentions I just don't think he understands South Yorkshire folk or the future implications it will have on SWFC.

22 hours ago, toppOwl said:

He couldn’t spend his own money from day 1, FFP still had to abided by.

It’s to encourage the few walk ups that there are (less than a 1000 per game) to invest in an ST or Members card, if you only attend a very limited number of games the cost isn’t going to stop you.

How do you come to that figure? How many season ticket holders, say 21k, 2k Barnsley fans, that means 5k walk up against Barnsley. Even your average 24-25k crowd with a handful of away fans will have 3k walk up

Maybe that figure would be bigger if the prices were cheaper. 

3 hours ago, BigBlueDan said:

How do you come to that figure? How many season ticket holders, say 21k, 2k Barnsley fans, that means 5k walk up against Barnsley. Even your average 24-25k crowd with a handful of away fans will have 3k walk up

Maybe that figure would be bigger if the prices were cheaper. 

I didn’t, the ticket office manager did, a good number of the ones who don’t have ST’s will be members so not counted as walk ups.

33 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Serious question now topowl and in no way a dig,  do you know this guy personally? If so do you think he will give me the info below?

when I try again Monday, I’m going to see for research purpose if they will give me historical data for the last three years on season ticket holders, members numbers and general sale tickets on a match to match basis with pricing against each match. 

It will be interesting if I can get this to analyse how pricing effects attendance and also other points like weekday games, weekend games, do we have any discounts against the same teams on a weekday and a weekend etc, what the ratio is of paying adults to kids,. And probably about twenty more outside influences. 

I very much doubt anyone goes i to any detail about this, which is a shame really, but as the poster above suggested I think as a club we are trying to get season ticket holders by pricing out general sale which is a very dangerous game to neglect the potential trial future support. 

leaky bucket scenario, eventually our supporters fall off, if we don’t replace them it might not effect us too bad now but in 20/30 years it will have an effect. Maybe even in 5/10 if we don’t go up and move backwards on the pitch. 

He’ll probably have nodded off before he gets to the end of that.

They are not trying to price out anyone, they just want to encourage people to buy ST’s and membership cards, if your a fan you should have no issues with that.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

I totally disagree with most of your opinions. Particularly the save up for matches or watch the cheaper games. I'm on minimum wage have a house, a child, a car etc to pay for. If I didn't work on the turnstiles I would be priced out. Not being funny but I want to watch every match not selected "unattractive matches" that the club throw out at cheap prices.

But I totally agree with  your opinion  onthis, DC and/or SWFC sadly (incorrectly)  don't want Potg that's why they are charging stupid prices. 

The only outcome it will have is less support and much smaller growth of the younger generation of SWFC fans. How do kids get to their 1st game? If parents don't buy them a S/t at a young age they will be lost forever, the old way of kids saving up and going to a match and paying on the gate with their mates, enjoying it then getting "the bug" will be lost forever as will a generation of future Owls fans.

If you and others are happy with that, the "rewards" will be reaped in future years.

It seems plenty on here can afford the matches but don't give a flying xxxx about others less fortunate (or the kids). A sad state of affairs in my opinion.

Ps I don't think DC has bad intentions I just don't think he understands South Yorkshire folk or the future implications it will have on SWFC.

I want a fleet of Lamborghini’s but it’s not going to happen.

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

Serious question now topowl and in no way a dig,  do you know this guy personally? If so do you think he will give me the info below?

when I try again Monday, I’m going to see for research purpose if they will give me historical data for the last three years on season ticket holders, members numbers and general sale tickets on a match to match basis with pricing against each match. 

It will be interesting if I can get this to analyse how pricing effects attendance and also other points like weekday games, weekend games, do we have any discounts against the same teams on a weekday and a weekend etc, what the ratio is of paying adults to kids,. And probably about twenty more outside influences. 

I very much doubt anyone goes i to any detail about this, which is a shame really, but as the poster above suggested I think as a club we are trying to get season ticket holders by pricing out general sale which is a very dangerous game to neglect the potential trial future support. 

leaky bucket scenario, eventually our supporters fall off, if we don’t replace them it might not effect us too bad now but in 20/30 years it will have an effect. Maybe even in 5/10 if we don’t go up and move backwards on the pitch. 

Very much doubt they will give you that without having a valid reason for requesting it, sounds like you are a VAT investigator. :ph34r:

• Haha 1