High press - Iorfa cb?

With more energy in the side there's signs we may be pressing higher, with forwards pushing up but also midfielders and the defensive line too to plug the gaps.

Whilst lees and borner have started well against potentially lower half sides and will rightly keep their shirts for now, they're not the quickest and against pacy central forwards and strikers they could be vulnerable, especially in a higher line.

When we had des walker we could hold a higher line which beneffited the team so iorfa could be a better option at cb than rb imo, apparently he prefers cb anyway and moses looks promising at rb.

Theres the question of reach and moses not being guaranteed starts but that could also apply to lees or borner too, especially with bates signing, though not sure if he has as much pace as iorfa.

With iorfas pace and gangly legs for tackles and blocks etc he could be a top cb at this level imo.

Great to have such competition and options anyway, would like to think nobodys guaranteed a start anymore depending on form and opponents.

With 2 quality proper wingers too it's pretty exciting times!

Edited by Ash77

59 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Ive always had the feeling big Dom could play the holding midfielder / destroyer role.

For me, he's got too much energy for that, which is why I think he's a better full back than centre half

I'm not sure he's got the discipline to be a Carlton Palmer box to box type

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

It's not currently broken, let's not try and fix it.

Although I do think from what I've seen of Iorfa I could see him in midfield, box to box, where messy tackles cost you less.

Edited by Rev Owl

Just now, Hookowl said:

Keep getting confused with you and RevOwl..................................you're not from the same church are you ?

lol

I'm not sure whether he's a Rev, I've sort of assumed he's a petrol head.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Keep getting confused with you and RevOwl..................................you're not from the same church are you ?

lol

To avoid confusion, look at the negs, he's usually ahead of me there.

:cool:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Rev Owl said:

To avoid confusion, look at the negs, he's usually ahead of me there.

:cool:

I noticed that.............................maybe he's an imposter............................masquerading as you.

Think you may need to try an exorcism :biggrin:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

I noticed that.............................maybe he's an imposter............................masquerading as you.

Think you may need to try an exorcism :biggrin:

TBF he was here first.

I could with some exercise though

Bdm Tsh

• Haha 3

I’d have iorfa right back and Odubajo left back

watched odubajo left back in preseason I think against Lincoln and he looked really good 

might be a little harsh on Palmer and I’m certainly not taking anything away from Palmers performances over the last 8 months but with our new look attacking team both iorfa and odubajo offer us more 

all three will play big roles this year 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

This is what I've got for you..

Revowl yell..©19

The realrevdeal..©19

Rev Authentic..®™

New REVolution.... you can have that one...

Thanks Costello.

However I feel that I have become reasonably established (after encouragement from you and asteener among others), and I quite like Rev Owl.

I think now most people can tell us apart by the simple methodology of literary criticism.

(I write in a different style)

Thanks for making the effort though :biggrin:.

Yours etc.

Rev Owl

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Ive always had the feeling big Dom could play the holding midfielder / destroyer role.

Give him a try out at it in some u-23 games as that holding blaster. Can't see much harm in that. 

But first team wise he's shown he is decent for the fullback role. Maybe if a 4-3-3 needs to go to 5-3-2 he could come on as a third centre half. 

Fed up of reading Owlstalkers recommending players in positions they’re not good enough to play in. Iorfa couldn’t play centre half he isn’t good enough positionally. He’s a full back, let’s see him get in that position where he is comfortable and did well last season. We have 4 centre backs ahead of him.