A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

Scored 8 conceded 7.

They’re struggling to score enough goals - but really tight at the back 

Could go either way if they get found out and broken down later on in the season If they’re not popping them in at the other end

As for Wilder, they could be relegation candidates in 3 months, or could be mid table - tough decision, football moves fast and forgets quickly. He could financially secure himself for a long time with a move to a top 10 club.

United wanted it a lot more last night. 

They aren't going to score loads of goals, but defensively they are extremely good right now. 

Looking at the Prem table is rather telling right now. 

Liverpool outstanding at the top, with City doing pretty well despite a couple of wobbles. 

Leicester are having a good season too, but after that it really has been a sea of mediocrity and a few teams who have made really poor starts - the Toon, Norwich and Watford. 

Thing is, for the the first time in a while, teams have got a legitimate chance of picking up points against at least 4 (perhaps 5) of the so-called top 6. Chelsea are very much a work in progress and one suspects will get stronger as the season progresses, but they are prone to defensive lapses. Spurs and Man U are a real mess right now, whilst Arsenal are just a crapper version of what they have been for several odd years. 

Dem Blades will stop imo. What they lack in Prem quality, they more than make up for in work rate and resilience. In this current Prem, that may well be enough. 

Edited by SiJ

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

They aren't going to score loads of goals, but defensively they are extremely good right now. 

Liverpool outstanding at the top, with City doing pretty well despite a couple of wobbles. 

Leicester are having a good season too, but after that it really has been a sea of mediocrity and a few teams who have made really poor starts - the Toon, Norwich and Watford. 

Thing is, for the the first time in a while, teams have got a legitimate chance of picking up points against at least 4 (perhaps 5) of the so-called top 6. Chelsea are very much a work in progress and one suspects will get stronger as the season progresses, but they are prone to defensive lapses. Spurs and Man U are a real mess right now, whilst Arsenal are just a crapper version of what they have been for several odd years. 

Dem Blades will stop imo. What they lack in Prem quality, they more than make up for in work rate and resilience. In this current Prem, that may well be enough. 

Was saying same earlier. Teams like the pigs will go to places like Spurs and Man Utd this season and actually fancy their chances of picking up at least a point. I really can't see them being one of the 3 worst sides in the division. Sadly. 

Credit where it’s due, many of the journeymen playing for them last night have done it consistently through the divisions. They all looked comfortable on the ball, and are rock solid at the back.

Here’s hoping for injuries and suspensions to test their strength in depth. 

Poor old "Claude" probably had a heart attack after watching that. 

No doubt "TY" will have blamed the cold weather for their defeat. 

Mr "DT" will just act like the first class c*nt that he is. 

All the while whilst "Robbie" rakes in an absolute fortune. 

Forget it's the pigs for a while. Did anyone else think sky and the wider media were a little patronising about the "shock". The gooners have been pretty pap for a while, esp away from home against teams that sit back, yet sky seem to make it it was one of the biggest nights in the pigs history.

46 minutes ago, SiJ said:

This, 100%. Although I would add playing as a team, as a unit. No individuals.

You saw the individual talent from Arsenal. Some of the touches and play to get out of tight situations were moments of individual quality. The pigs do not have anyone with those levels of technical ability. Technical ability means fizz all however, when it comes to playing as a team. They weren't up for it, and they ran into a team that have been up for it for the past 2 years. Honestly, it was easier to predict a pig win here than it was to predict the result against Watford or Southampton.

I do think Wilder (and Sky for that matter) are spinning a bit of yarn when it comes to this attacking, open play however. They aren't really that side anymore. They're a soilid, defensive side in the same mould as some of the Italian clubs, with 3 at the back. Conte's teams are a good exmaple. Defensive, counter attacking, hitting on the break.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt_1 said:

This, 100%. Although I would add playing as a team, as a unit. No individuals.

You saw the individual talent from Arsenal. Some of the touches and play to get out of tight situations were moments of individual quality. The pigs do not have anyone with those levels of technical ability. Technical ability means fizz all however, when it comes to playing as a team. They weren't up for it, and they ran into a team that have been up for it for the past 2 years. Honestly, it was easier to predict a pig win here than it was to predict the result against Watford or Southampton.

I do think Wilder (and Sky for that matter) are spinning a bit of yarn when it comes to this attacking, open play however. They aren't really that side anymore. They're a soilid, defensive side in the same mould as some of the Italian clubs, with 3 at the back. Conte's teams are a good exmaple. Defensive, counter attacking, hitting on the break.

Yep. 

I'd agree. 

He's ditched the more gung ho approach in favour of a more pragmatic defensive one. The inclusion of Lundstrum into the midfield was a sign of where he was going. 

Off the top of my head, they only created one clear-cut chance last night and that was the knock down from the corner which led to the goal. 

Aside from that, it was mainly efforts from distance. 

It's a defensive tactic with counter attack. 

And they counter very well, because every single player goes forward with it offering options.

Now watch us when we counter attack... It's usually just Kadeem Harris bombing forward whilst everyone else sticks to their position.

One comment from Sky made me laugh last night - "There's still 10 minutes left in this game, so time for Arsenal to create a few chances"

Mate, they had just gone 80 minuteso f posessions football creating ZERO chances, what makes you think they will make any in 10 minutes?

If you didn't watch the match you'd have thought Arsenal were unlucky to lose the way the commentators were going off. 

Just now, Skyline said:

It's a defensive tactic with counter attack. 

And they counter very well, because every single player goes forward with it offering options.

Now watch us when we counter attack... It's usually just Kadeem Harris bombing forward whilst everyone else sticks to their position.

One comment from Sky made me laugh last night - "There's still 10 minutes left in this game, so time for Arsenal to create a few chances"

Mate, they had just gone 80 minuteso f posessions football creating ZERO chances, what makes you think they will make any in 10 minutes?

If you didn't watch the match you'd have thought Arsenal were unlucky to lose the way the commentators were going off. 

That was 1 minute before I turned it off lol

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

Was saying same earlier. Teams like the pigs will go to places like Spurs and Man Utd this season and actually fancy their chances of picking up at least a point. 

I think the top 8-10 teams in the Championship would have a very good chance of staying up in the top division. Apart from the top 2, and possibly Leicester,  there is no stand out team in my opinion. Get promoted this season and the opportunity will be there to stay up there for a few seasons or more

17 minutes ago, ATBS said:

I think the top 8-10 teams in the Championship would have a very good chance of staying up in the top division. Apart from the top 2, and possibly Leicester,  there is no stand out team in my opinion. Get promoted this season and the opportunity will be there to stay up there for a few seasons or more

this is certainly true, if a team like Burnley were in the championship they would be top 6 but I wouldn’t say they’d run away with the league. Likewise if a team like WBA or Leeds were in the PL they would be bottom 6 but not cut a drift from others.

That’s the thing about football, just because you are in a different league doesn’t mean you are definitely worse than teams in leagues above. 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Poor old "Claude" probably had a heart attack after watching that. 

No doubt "TY" will have blamed the cold weather for their defeat. 

Mr "DT" will just act like the first class c*nt that he is. 

All the while whilst "Robbie" rakes in an absolute fortune. 

lol Claude proper cracks me up with his "It's not good enough" catchphrase.

DT's hard man routine is equally comical. 

27 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

lol Claude proper cracks me up with his "It's not good enough" catchphrase.

DT's hard man routine is equally comical. 

They are complete idiots, but their audience laps it up for one reason or another. 

They have a show where they set up a football team. Yep, Robbie, DT and the one who says "blud" all the time managing a football team. 

The end result was DT and a few others getting thrown out because they had a fight with a bunch of Man U Youtubers during a match. 

It's absolutely terrible and yet quite compelling. Utter morons. 

Edited by SiJ

3 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Scored 8 conceded 7.

They’re struggling to score enough goals - but really tight at the back 

Could go either way if they get found out and broken down later on in the season If they’re not popping them in at the other end

As for Wilder, they could be relegation candidates in 3 months, or could be mid table - tough decision, football moves fast and forgets quickly. He could financially secure himself for a long time with a move to a top 10 club.

They play every game like an away game, solid at the back but capable of nicking one on the break and if they do they've every chance of hanging onto it, hence the low number of goals both scored and conceded. The "freeflowing cavalier attacking football" that they praised themselves for last season is long gone, because Wilder is savvy enough to know that if they do set up like that in the PL they'll get picked off on the break. Fair play, it'll probably ensure that they'll stay up but it's not great to watch.

Possession stats in each PL game this season :

47% (A)  1-1

42% (H)  1-0

49% (H)  1-2

38% (A)  2-2

48% (H)  0-1

30% (A)  2-0

30% (H)  0-1

61% (A)  0-0

31% (H)  1-0

So they've only had the majority of possession in 1 game out of 9 (against the worst team in the league so far) and only averaged 40% in their home matches (one of which was against the best team in the league) but they're doing enough. Own Goal must be a bit miffed that he's now only joint top scorer at the end of October though.