A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

Fair play to United - they're one dimensional and hard working. Arsenal basically exist for corporate London and tourists these days.

Feel sorry for their supporters who travel around the country watching lack-lusted performances from players with no interest.

Agree with this 100%. Some PL clubs now just exist to bank the TV money each year- zero interest in winning owt. Fair play to the pigs tonight. 

2 minutes ago, scram said:

Chambers is awful

Barely a PL footballer in any position but never been a full-back. Utd happy to let him have space as every attack broke down when he got it.

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Cos they'll offer him the job.....

More money, more job security, chance of qualifying for Europe...

I doubt they would offer him the job. Not sexy enough for some of these daft owners. And tbh,  why would he leave the pigs? He’s adored, he’ll be given time, there are no expectations. He could go to Everton and be sacked in 10 months. 

I just don't get this modern foreign-influenced game of playing triangles around the back 4 and keeper for 90 mins - they will have had 70% possession but I never thought they would score. In fact they hardly got into united's box - truly awful advertisement for the modern game.

United sat back, never under any real pressure and lapped it up - 3 easy pts for fat boy that.

Just now, owls maniac said:

I doubt they would offer him the job. Not sexy enough for some of these daft owners. And tbh,  why would he leave the pigs? He’s adored, he’ll be given time, there are no expectations. He could go to Everton and be sacked in 10 months. 

Bill Kenwright wanted him last time. Their foreign owner said no, not big enough name. His stock had grown massively since then. Now getting PL wins. 

Could end up back in the championship too soon.

There isn't a better time for Wilder to go.

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

I suppose the question for him is could he do it elsewhere? It's all well and good playing the underdog; backs to the wall for a few seasons, but surely he must think, I'll like to see if I could win something - not that Everton are likely to win owt soon...