A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

They have the organisation, physicality and desire to win to be a threat to most teams in the Premier League. They’re riding a huge wave of momentum and it shows, players look confident and comfortable in a division many thought they probably wouldn’t play in.

And hate to say it, but having a packed Bramall Lane behind them helps. The atmosphere is difficult to play in and a bit of a shock to some of these Premier League teams. We’d be the same if we ever get promoted. They’re really making the most of it at the moment United.

Just now, parkfieldowl14 said:

If C Wilderbeast carries on with the work that he's done at the Sty,then it will just be a matter of time before a bigger club makes an approach for him.:tango:

You'd think so, but then you also have the likes of Dyche, Howe who have also done really good jobs and yet seem to rarely get linked with a move away. 

Think a lot of the bigger Prem clubs have doubts about English managers and whether they are capable of making the step up. Can a Chris Wilder handle the big egos that inevitably comes with higher profile players? Who knows? 

I could see an Everton coming in for him at some point. They have previous of hiring up and coming managers, like Moyes, Martinez etc. 

Suppose the difference back then was Bill Kenwright was in sole charge, whilst now it is him and that Moshini bloke. 

Needless to say, based of what I've seen I think Wilder would do a better job with the Everton players than what Marco Silva is. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

You'd think so, but then you also have the likes of Dyche, Howe who have also done really good jobs and yet seem to rarely get linked with a move away. 

Think a lot of the bigger Prem clubs have doubts about English managers and whether they are capable of making the step up. Can a Chris Wilder handle the big egos that inevitably comes with higher profile players? Who knows? 

I could see an Everton coming in for him at some point. They have previous of hiring up and coming managers, like Moyes, Martinez etc. 

Suppose the difference back then was Bill Kenwright was in sole charge, whilst now it is him and that Moshini bloke. 

Needless to say, based of what I've seen I think Wilder would do a better job with the Everton players than what Marco Silva is. 

Absolutely.just been discussing it in the office,and somebody just mentioned that Newcastle were in for him before Steve Bruce took the job.

6 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Absolutely.just been discussing it in the office,and somebody just mentioned that Newcastle were in for him before Steve Bruce took the job.

Reckon Wilder is smart enough to know that the Newcastle job is a bit of a death sentence. 

Kind of job that an up and coming manager walks into and kills his career off. 

The Everton job would be the one. Big club, ambitious owners and a new stadium. 

Someone will go in there at some point and get that club firing. 

Just now, SiJ said:

Reckon Wilder is smart enough to know that the Newcastle job is a bit of a death sentence. 

Kind of job that an up and coming manager walks into and kills his career off. 

The Everton job would be the one. Big club, ambitious owners and a new stadium. 

Someone will go in there at some point and get that club firing. 

You could well be right there. Wilder has family ties to Merseyside.:tango:

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

No he can't.

And when he gets these "bad egg" players, he ships them out quicker than he brought them in or leaves them to rot - Like what seems to be happening with Ravel Morisson. 

Easier to do this with Sheffield United and lower profile players. Not so easy when they are on big wages and high transfer fee's paid.

No one willing to pay back what you spent or pay them the wages you are paying them. 

Board also will be unhappy that a £40mil player on £150,000 isn't even on the bench. 

7 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

could be right rumoured that 10 others were approached before Bruce said yes.

10 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Think we need to change the name of the thread to something like "A beautiful dream of Utopian splendour on St John the Baptist Street".

The current season is proving anything but a nightmare for the Grunters (on the field at least).

Boo.

9 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

They have the organisation, physicality and desire to win to be a threat to most teams in the Premier League. They’re riding a huge wave of momentum and it shows, players look confident and comfortable in a division many thought they probably wouldn’t play in.

And hate to say it, but having a packed Bramall Lane behind them helps. The atmosphere is difficult to play in and a bit of a shock to some of these Premier League teams. We’d be the same if we ever get promoted. They’re really making the most of it at the moment United.

No need to panic just yet.

They beat a much better Arsenal side 1-0 the last time they played them in the league at home and that season ended gloriously! 

• Higher league
  • Above you in the league
  • Bigger crowds
  • Better players
  • Better manager
  • Chris Wilder's daughter
  • Well you're all cuunts anyway
  • What, the Bin Ladens?

Getting a bit thin on the ground here.

Hopefully they'll do something stupid again soon

• Haha 3