Mr Chansiri please appoint Mr Lee Bullen

6 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

The problem with Bullen is that he doesn't have sufficient managerial experience.

He's experience of coaching, and experience of being a No. 2.

But management is something different.

While things are going well he'll be fine.

It's when things go wrong that the trouble will start, as is the case in any job.

We're too high up the pecking order to be a crash test dummy.

I appreciate your point and it’s probably usually true, but not always. Derby took a gamble on Lampard and they made the playoff final; and look where Lampard is now!

• Thanks 1

Guest LittleG
8 hours ago, trotter said:

Noticeable that the new signings all spoke very positively about their discussions with Bully.

What do you expect them to say, "I'm signing on the dotted line but not sure about Bullen as manager".

16 minutes ago, oldowl67 said:

I appreciate your point and it’s probably usually true, but not always. Derby took a gamble on Lampard and they made the playoff final; and look where Lampard is now!

That's true.

But let's face it, Lampard is where he now is because of who he is.

Were Bully currently unemployed, how many Championship clubs would be seeking his services?

He may turn out to be a revelation.

But it's not so long since Bully was begging for a manager to be brought him so he could be relieved of his duties.

We need to see a few more games to compare ourselves against the competition.

Reading offered nothing last week. Tomorrow will be a much harder test obviously.

Easy for people to want LB on the back of a win & some positive recruitment.

Maybe our potential targets will be waiting to see how we fare after a few games before deciding.

No point making a decision right now - let's see after ten games or so.

If we're up near the top then who knows!

Bullen might get appointed because he was in the right place at the right time. He had also lucked out with the squad we have now.

I'm not dead against it.

In a way it's his time to prove himself. Nothing to lose if it goes wrong. We can just appoint someone else.

Maybe give him till the January window.

7 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

We need to see a few more games to compare ourselves against the competition.

Reading offered nothing last week. Tomorrow will be a much harder test obviously.

Easy for people to want LB on the back of a win & some positive recruitment.

Maybe our potential targets will be waiting to see how we fare after a few games before deciding.

No point making a decision right now - let's see after ten games or so.

If we're up near the top then who knows!

“See how we fare” ? Surely we are more likely to bring a manager in if we are doing badly than if we are doing well. Bully will be given it if we are doing well but look what happened to Solskjaer... got job and plummeted 

6 minutes ago, Beholder said:

In a way it's his time to prove himself. Nothing to lose if it goes wrong. We can just appoint someone else.

Except lots and lots of points, of course.

10 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

That's true.

But let's face it, Lampard is where he now is because of who he is.

Were Bully currently unemployed, how many Championship clubs would be seeking his services?

He may turn out to be a revelation.

But it's not so long since Bully was begging for a manager to be brought him so he could be relieved of his duties.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not advocating Lee for the job permanently, just that the lack of experience argument isn’t always correct. 

If he’ really wanted to be a manager he’d have gone off to manage at a lower level first, not having the benefit of Lampard’s reputation in the game.

Straight away i will say i dont think bullen should be appointed, but what i would say is i think chansiri is hanging him out to dry. Keep winning and its well done chairman if we start to lose it i'll be get bullen out then he'll appoint someone and then goodbye lee. I've said before l think chansiri's winging it, we need to make a choice you cant expect to challenge at the top with no full time manager. If im wrong im happy to hold my hand up but l cant think of a club who have a caretaker in charge all season and gone up

4 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

“See how we fare” ? Surely we are more likely to bring a manager in if we are doing badly than if we are doing well. Bully will be given it if we are doing well but look what happened to Solskjaer... got job and plummeted 

That depends on how much LB really wants the job.

13 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Bullen might get appointed because he was in the right place at the right time. He had also lucked out with the squad we have now.

I'm not dead against it.

You may be right but saying we've nothing to lose is wrong, what if it goes badly. January would more than likely mean season over plus gives him no time to put his own stamp on the team so either appoint him or someone else but it needs sorting

I have a question. Would you want Bullen as manager for say 6 months, or a year, or if we are lucky maybe 3, or as a 1st team coach for us until the day he retires?

Bullen is fan, who just so happens to work for the club he pretty much calls his own now. It would take an incredible offer for him to leave, and therefore we almost have him for life in his current role. He knows the club, knows the fans, knows the expectations and limitations. He's good with the media, with the first team, and development team squads. He's tough and is quite capable of making and taking hard decisions.

Management material some might say, but I would hate to think he could end up getting sacked like managers do, when he has done so much for our club over the years. It would be a tragic end to an otherwise brilliant service given to the club.

• Haha 1

It looks a bit of a no brainer to me, give him the job now, probably until Christmas initially 

He ticks so many boxes, that most of the other available candidates would struggle to better.  We have, in the opinion of most on here, had our best transfer window for some time, overseen by Bullen. He has us fitter than we’ve been in a long time, and on the evidence of the Reading game, there is a toughness about us now. That could be all important for us to compete with sides who have more ability. Tactically, I thought he got things spot on against Reading.  Then there is the continuity aspect, he knows the players, and he seems to have a good relationship with the chairman. So with saving money seeming to still be a major issue, then unless an outstanding candidate emerges, I would definitely give the job to Bullen

Guest Ferkorf
18 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Look at our fixtures aswell.... its the Ole situation all over again. An arguably very easy run till the international break then its like the real season starts at hudders away. By then Bullen will be signed up and the cracks will begin to appear

9 minutes ago, bubbleowl said:

Straight away i will say i dont think bullen should be appointed, but what i would say is i think chansiri is hanging him out to dry. Keep winning and its well done chairman if we start to lose it i'll be get bullen out then he'll appoint someone and then goodbye lee. I've said before l think chansiri's winging it, we need to make a choice you cant expect to challenge at the top with no full time manager. If im wrong im happy to hold my hand up but l cant think of a club who have a caretaker in charge all season and gone up

I can't think of a club that rowett as taken out the championship so does that rule him out as well... .... I think not to appoint someone  on th strength of no one else as been succesful is not reason enough not to give him a go.