Mr Chansiri please appoint Mr Lee Bullen

1 minute ago, Ferkorf said:

Look at our fixtures aswell.... its the Ole situation all over again. An arguably very easy run till the international break then its like the real season starts at hudders away. By then Bullen will be signed up and the cracks will begin to appear

Could be the same with anyone though Using the Manchester United example, didn’t the same happen to the previous manager, who I believe was quite highly regarded

9 hours ago, prowl said:

Please don't appoint Lee. We've now got a good squad. A good manager could get us promoted this year with just a bit of good luck.

How do you know he isn't.... seriously...and who do you think is..

5 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

I have a question. Would you want Bullen as manager for say 6 months, or a year, or if we are lucky maybe 3, or as a 1st team coach for us until the day he retires?

Bullen is fan, who just so happens to work for the club he pretty much calls his own now. It would take an incredible offer for him to leave, and therefore we almost have him for life in his current role. He knows the club, knows the fans, knows the expectations and limitations. He's good with the media, with the first team, and development team squads. He's tough and is quite capable of making and taking hard decisions.

Management material some might say, but I would hate to think he could end up getting sacked like managers do, when he has done so much for our club over the years. It would be a tragic end to an otherwise brilliant service given to the club.

Jeez you can't not appoint someone coz you don't want to hurt his feelings if it don't work out ....bully would no the score and it's not seemed to stop him wanting a go .... 

13 minutes ago, bubbleowl said:

You may be right but saying we've nothing to lose is wrong, what if it goes badly. January would more than likely mean season over plus gives him no time to put his own stamp on the team so either appoint him or someone else but it needs sorting

I just think if Bullen wins on Saturday it's the right decision.

The idea that Bullen is that bad it would be season over by January is very insulting to the guy in my opinion. 

Guest Ferkorf

Anyone who wants Bullen just cast your mind back to this.

This is a broken man after the Burton game. This is a man who states he wants the chairman to bring in someone as soon as possible and you can see why.

Imagine this but after 4 or 5 losses on the bounce.

Time to get a real manager in ffs

3 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I just think if Bullen wins on Saturday it's the right decision.

The idea that Bullen is that bad it would be season over by January is very insulting to the guy in my opinion. 

I did'nt say he was that bad l only said IF it went badly also lets say for example we are in the same place in january as last season our season would'nt be over like i said either appoint him or someone otherwise we are in limbo you cant run a club trying to go up by winging it

3 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

This is a broken man after the Burton game. This is a man who states he wants the chairman to bring in someone as soon as possible and you can see why.

We learn in life

mr chansiri this is just a 'clickbait' thread, bullen, as nice a man as he is, is not good enough to lead us and YOU to promotion.

it is costing YOU money not those wanting bullen who object to seat pricing chipping into the financial black hole.

the improvement in results once you had found bruce was staggering, you have found one, go FORWARD and find another. leave bully to do, what bully does best, help out when needed.

he is not a dynamic, driving force of a manager who is 'worth his salt', he is a coach, not a 'renowned' one, just a coach, his record when his results are added up would have us mid table, are YOU aiming for mid table with what it's costing YOU?

take the time needed, but find the right man, a 'seasoned, experienced' manager, one who knows the ropes, he may not be a 'nice man' though.

23 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Jeez you can't not appoint someone coz you don't want to hurt his feelings if it don't work out ....bully would no the score and it's not seemed to stop him wanting a go .... 

I didn't say you couldn't appoint someone because you wouldn't want to hurt their feelings. I was asking a question and then giving my own opinion on how I would feel if he was given the role, and then sacked.

You've put two and two together and come up with triangle lol

It’s early days, but Bullen has done well, pre season, the transfer window, and has started the season in impressive fashion.  All this, with a good, but not particularly great, group of players, what more can he do, or more to the point, who could better it

16 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

I've listened to that, and admired the man's honesty. I think he is without doubt a 'fine man', I hope he can serve sheffield wednesday for another decade plus, and then enjoy his retirement. he is wednesday through and through, a true and honest man amongst a sea of 'badge kissers' these days.

but I've always been more impressed with the type of guy who say's 'sorry but I've no time for this today, i'm off to deal with that shambles we've just turned out, hope, you understand, oh! and by the way there'll be additional training on sunday for the whole team, no exceptions'.

each to his own I guess.

39 minutes ago, kazads said:

How do you know he isn't.... seriously...and who do you think is..

It’s far more likely he isn’t than he is.  Nobody knows.

as I said above, appoint Bullen and you may as well pull the new manager out of a hat.

We’ve taken enough stupid uneducated punts on players and managers without taking another now - when we’ve supposedly learned from our past mistakes!

Guest Ferkorf
1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

I've listened to that, and admired the man's honesty. I think he is without doubt a 'fine man', I hope he can serve sheffield wednesday for another decade plus, and then enjoy his retirement. he is wednesday through and through, a true and honest man amongst a sea of 'badge kissers' these days.

but I've always been more impressed with the type of guy who say's 'sorry but I've no time for this today, i'm off to deal with that shambles we've just turned out, hope, you understand, oh! and by the way there'll be additional training on sunday for the whole team, no exceptions'.

each to his own I guess.

He's literally in bits isn't he.

Like I said imagine 10 games with no win. He would be on meds lol

1 hour ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

“See how we fare” ? Surely we are more likely to bring a manager in if we are doing badly than if we are doing well. Bully will be given it if we are doing well but look what happened to Solskjaer... got job and plummeted 

So of course Man U sacked him...err...no..wait  lol 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s early days, but Bullen has done well, pre season, the transfer window, and has started the season in impressive fashion.  All this, with a good, but not particularly great, group of players, what more can he do, or more to the point, who could better it

He could go to a smaller club and prove he can manage.

Just like Cowley did, Rowett did, Pulis did and even Sol Campbell is now doing.

i bet Sol Campbell would get ridiculed on here but he is a far more credible candidate than Bullen.

Appointing Bullen would be beyond reckless.

Just now, A12owl said:

Everybody seems to think that LB will be The Manager if we don't appoint anybody else. He should be 1st Team Coach. If he isn't doing as well as DC and we all want in whatever time it takes then there is no reason why he can't be kept on as 1st team coach and appoint a Manager. LB would then work for the manager and adopt such tactics as the manager directs. There is no need for him to be sacked and leave the club. I am sure LB would be perfectly happy working as a coach in some capacity unless the new manager doesn't like him for the job. SB had his own coaches but was happy for LB to assist. He is an ideal man to work between a manager and the players . All the players seem to respect him and I'm sure would walk through brick walls for him if asked.

I still think the DOF route could be the way to go if LB proves successful with 1st team coaching.

I've still no idea who would make a good DOF for us. A name of that type of person isn't so well known.

Somebody with contacts and working knowledge of finances is what's needed. Mr C would need to take a more hands off approach for that to work . Give somebody a job and trust them to get on with it.

In the mean time let's all get 100% behind LB as the most important thing is to get points on the board.

I think he will end up getting the job for a number of reasons too, but I guess my concern/question is losing that experience and knowledge, and his love of the club, if it all goes Pete Tong. I'm sure LB would step down in this scenario, without any fuss or change in his attitude, and just as importantly, without a change in attitude towards him from the squad and staff either.

I don't really know what LB has done with regards to the role of the "Manager", but maybe a DoF is the way forward, with LB as 1st Team Coach. I think that is where we will ultimately end up as things stand. No idea at all though on a DoF.