Mr Chansiri please appoint Mr Lee Bullen

4 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

I've listened to that, and admired the man's honesty. I think he is without doubt a 'fine man', I hope he can serve sheffield wednesday for another decade plus, and then enjoy his retirement. he is wednesday through and through, a true and honest man amongst a sea of 'badge kissers' these days.

but I've always been more impressed with the type of guy who say's 'sorry but I've no time for this today, i'm off to deal with that shambles we've just turned out, hope, you understand, oh! and by the way there'll be additional training on sunday for the whole team, no exceptions'.

each to his own I guess.

Maurice setters would have been taking the sunday training whilst big jack was off fishing or shooting some f**ker.

Just now, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

He could go to a smaller club and prove he can manage.

Just like Cowley did, Rowett did, Pulis did and even Sol Campbell is now doing.

i bet Sol Campbell would get ridiculed on here but he is a far more credible candidate than Bullen.

Appointing Bullen would be beyond reckless.

but he is proving he can do it here  It may not work out, but it hasn’t worked out for pretty much all the managers on that list, at some point in their careers

58 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

I have a question. Would you want Bullen as manager for say 6 months, or a year, or if we are lucky maybe 3, or as a 1st team coach for us until the day he retires?

Bullen is fan, who just so happens to work for the club he pretty much calls his own now. It would take an incredible offer for him to leave, and therefore we almost have him for life in his current role. He knows the club, knows the fans, knows the expectations and limitations. He's good with the media, with the first team, and development team squads. He's tough and is quite capable of making and taking hard decisions.

Management material some might say, but I would hate to think he could end up getting sacked like managers do, when he has done so much for our club over the years. It would be a tragic end to an otherwise brilliant service given to the club.

I think some posters on here think Bullen is a fan who lucked on to a job with the club...he's spent his life around football so just might have learned a bit unlike the " experts" on here. So you're right he is capable of making decisions. I'd give him another eight matches after tomorrow to make sure my bet comes in lol 

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Haha 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

but he is proving he can do it here  It may not work out, but it hasn’t worked out for pretty much all the managers on that list, at some point in their careers

He isn’t proving it all.

He’s proving he can inject a bit of positivity and manage the team for a game or two.

The one time it went beyond that he failed dismally and his reaction afterwards would be a real concern for him to manage any club long term.

Just as Pulis and Rowett may have failed elsewhere they’ve also succeeded. And their biggest failures were hardly disasters were they? 7th with Boro and mid table with a just relegated Stoke.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well, to be fair, he's had 3 spells as caretaker and won 4 out of 9, that really enough to say he's proving himself??.

Surely if DC was completely convinced he was the man for the job, he'd have been confirmed as permanent by now?. The fact he's not suggests both doubt from the chairman & that he's looking elsewhere until he's exhausted all other avenues and Bully is the last man standing. Either way that wouldn't be a great way to appoint Bullen full time!!

3 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

Well, to be fair, he's had 3 spells as caretaker and won 4 out of 9, that really enough to say he's proving himself??.

Surely if DC was completely convinced he was the man for the job, he'd have been confirmed as permanent by now?. The fact he's not suggests both doubt from the chairman & that he's looking elsewhere until he's exhausted all other avenues and Bully is the last man standing. Either way that wouldn't be a great way to appoint Bullen full time!!

Or conversely, he isn’t convinced by any of the others. As I said, if an outstanding candidate appears, then we should investigate that option.  In the meantime, Bullen is doing an excellent job

3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I'd give him another eight matches after tomorrow to make sure my bet comes in lol 

I'd have given you both an "agree" plus, and a laugh one too, but I had to settle for just the laugh. I hope your bet comes in too lol

3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I think some posters on here think Bullen is a fan who lucked on to a job with the club...he's spent his life around football so just might have learned a bit unlike the " experts" on here. So you're right he is capable of making decisions. I'd give him another

Bang on. LB hasn't lucked out on anything. He is where he is becasue of who he is, what he knows and how he's gone about doing it. He's now a fan because he's been here since 1937 or something. He has a tonne of knowledge and is well respected by the club and staff. I'd want him around for as long as possible.

Just now, gurujuan said:

Or conversely, he isn’t convinced by any of the others. As I said, if an outstanding candidate appears, then we should investigate that option.  In the meantime, Bullen is doing an excellent job

Possibly, but as i said, if DC isnt convinced by any of the other candidates, and as he's supposedly looking at out of work managers, what else could they do to convince him being unemployed as they are??. In that case he has, arguably, exhausted all other options, if so why is Bully not full time????

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

So of course Man U sacked him...err...no..wait  lol 

Say what you like about Manure fans, but they have a loyal streak with “one of their own” - no way would we be so patient if Bully was threatening playoffs or better and then went ten without a win.

i think we have got a decent squad now but I don’t see our best XI (whoever you choose) being automatic - the fact that so many want to see Lee Hutch and Bannan in midfield tells you all you need to know about our foggy perspectives - they are three years older than when we made the play off final and other teams have improved. Fessi is worse, Fletch isn’t as good as Hooper, Reach is a tall version of Wallace without his dead ball skills and bite and the jury is out on whether the defence is now better than the one that broke club records for clean sheets under SG/CC.

We have got talent and will beat some of the best teams in the division because BB has the ability to run the show if he isn’t man marked. But the main thing that will get us promoted is meticulous organisation and stopping our team being overrun by high tempo outfits like Leeds.

I think that is why DC has got Pulis on speed dial because a key trait of a good manager is it he gets more than might be expected from a given group of players - think Wilko, Big Jack, Stuart Gray. 

There is speed and creativity in this bunch but we aren’t going to outscore teams like Big Ron’s team did and Saturday could have been different if Reading had got the penalty or not missed the follow up sitter. I’m just not sure Bully has that detailed tactical nous to change games within games and would hate to see him get the boot due to that inexperience. 

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He is proving (and has proved) absolutely nothing. We just beat Reading. That’s great, but also that’s it.

Very low standards

Just now, Sonny said:

He is proving (and has proved) absolutely nothing. We just beat Reading. That’s great, but also that’s it.

Very low standards

What more can he do, a good pre season, an impressive away day first off, and according to many, the best transfer window seen in ages.  Will it last, who knows, it may, or it may not. For me, we have decent championship squad, more top ten, than top six, so I would take Bullen right now.  

7 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Say what you like about Manure fans, but they have a loyal streak with “one of their own” - no way would we be so patient if Bully was threatening playoffs or better and then went ten without a win.

i think we have got a decent squad now but I don’t see our best XI (whoever you choose) being automatic - the fact that so many want to see Lee Hutch and Bannan in midfield tells you all you need to know about our foggy perspectives - they are three years older than when we made the play off final and other teams have improved. Fessi is worse, Fletch isn’t as good as Hooper, Reach is a tall version of Wallace without his dead ball skills and bite and the jury is out on whether the defence is now better than the one that broke club records for clean sheets under SG/CC.

We have got talent and will beat some of the best teams in the division because BB has the ability to run the show if he isn’t man marked. But the main thing that will get us promoted is meticulous organisation and stopping our team being overrun by high tempo outfits like Leeds.

I think that is why DC has got Pulis on speed dial because a key trait of a good manager is it he gets more than might be expected from a given group of players - think Wilko, Big Jack, Stuart Gray. 

There is speed and creativity in this bunch but we aren’t going to outscore teams like Big Ron’s team did and Saturday could have been different if Reading had got the penalty or not missed the follow up sitter. I’m just not sure Bully has that detailed tactical nous to change games within games and would hate to see him get the boot due to that inexperience. 

A)  We're a high tempo team with pace

B) 1991 called it wants it's football tactics back 

22 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I think some posters on here think Bullen is a fan who lucked on to a job with the club...he's spent his life around football so just might have learned a bit unlike the " experts" on here. So you're right he is capable of making decisions. I'd give him another eight matches after tomorrow to make sure my bet comes in lol 

nine matches in (and enough wrong results to sap morale) and we'd better be hoping bruce has had the chop from toon to be able to 'resurrect' our season again.  lol

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What more can he do, a good pre season, an impressive away day first off, and according to many, the best transfer window seen in ages.  Will it last, who knows, it may, or it may not. For me, we have decent championship squad, more top ten, than top six, so I would take Bullen right now.  

He can prove himself somewhere less important (and that will take more than one win against Reading). Surprised how keen on mediocrity you are all of a sudden.

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

He can prove himself somewhere less important (and that will take more than one win against Reading). Surprised how keen on mediocrity you are all of a sudden.

We are what we are, and I’d rather have Bullen getting the best out of the squad we have, than any of the other candidates mentioned. It looks as if we are trying to do things the way the piggies did it, they had a pretty average squad, certainly not top two, but overachieved magnificently. Don’t get me wrong, if we could attract a Bielsa, or someone of that ilk, then I might feel different. Would a manager like that be attracted to a club, with a squad of, largely jobbing championship players, and no real money to change things? I doubt it, hence I’m willing to try it this way

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We are what we are, and I’d rather have Bullen getting the best out of the squad we have, than any of the other candidates mentioned. It looks as if we are trying to do things the way the piggies did it, they had a pretty average squad, certainly not top two, but overachieved magnificently. Don’t get me wrong, if we could attract a Bielsa, or someone of that ilk, then I might feel different. Would a manager like that be attracted to a club, with a squad of, largely jobbing championship players, and no real money to change things? I doubt it, hence I’m willing to try it this way

Except that’s the point - we’re not trying to do things the way the pigs did. They appointed an experienced manager who’d proven his worth with success in the leagues below. You want us to appoint someone with no experience or success. Those are two different approaches.

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Except that’s the point - we’re not trying to do things the way the pigs did. They appointed an experienced manager who’d proven his worth with success in the leagues below. You want us to appoint someone with no experience or success. Those are two different approaches.

Spot on. This 'bully could be our wilder' thing has kept cropping up. There is no comparison to make at all, its just nonsense. As you say wilder had years as a progressing manager, and winning promotion, before he took over that lot.

My issue isn't with Bullen per se, but clearly DC isn't convinced otherwise he'd have been appointed full time. The consideration that the top man hasn't 100% faith in you can't be good for either Bullen or the squad, it leaves doubt hanging around the place. My worry is the lack of a decision, the longer it goes on the more potential for harm it has. No doubt Bully has his way of preparing, tactics, formations etc that he's drilling in to players, but if he's not to be the long term manager, how far down the road do we go until a full time other is appointed, who then comes in with, possibly, completely different ways and tactics for the team to adapt to, thus in essence starting over well into a season!!. A definite decision needs to me made soon, whether that be Bullen (not my choice personally) or someone else. Its the confusion that'll kill us, needs sorting asap!!!

10 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Who do you have in mind, pulis, rowett?

What we have now is no way a pulis type team.

Rowett would dismantle and get older ' experienced' players in, he always does.

Or maybe any new manager, would be manager in name only...really a head coach...we have one already

If we do stick with bullen does he have the right staff around him? Bruce had a team with him.. will bullen get to bring any more staff in or does he just carry on with who he has around him? (If he gets the head coach role).