Mr Chansiri please appoint Mr Lee Bullen

5 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

Spot on. This 'bully could be our wilder' thing has kept cropping up. There is no comparison to make at all, its just nonsense. As you say wilder had years as a progressing manager, and winning promotion, before he took over that lot.

My issue isn't with Bullen per se, but clearly DC isn't convinced otherwise he'd have been appointed full time. The consideration that the top man hasn't 100% faith in you can't be good for either Bullen or the squad, it leaves doubt hanging around the place. My worry is the lack of a decision, the longer it goes on the more potential for harm it has. No doubt Bully has his way of preparing, tactics, formations etc that he's drilling in to players, but if he's not to be the long term manager, how far down the road do we go until a full time other is appointed, who then comes in with, possibly, completely different ways and tactics for the team to adapt to, thus in essence starting over well into a season!!. A definite decision needs to me made soon, whether that be Bullen (not my choice personally) or someone else. Its the confusion that'll kill us, needs sorting asap!!!

It’s simple, if there are no candidates available, who could do a better job, then you either have to prize one away (unlikely) or wait for one to become available So what do you do in the meantime? Well the sensible option would be to let Bullen take the reins surely?

5 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

Spot on. This 'bully could be our wilder' thing has kept cropping up. There is no comparison to make at all, its just nonsense. As you say wilder had years as a progressing manager, and winning promotion, before he took over that lot.

My issue isn't with Bullen per se, but clearly DC isn't convinced otherwise he'd have been appointed full time. The consideration that the top man hasn't 100% faith in you can't be good for either Bullen or the squad, it leaves doubt hanging around the place. My worry is the lack of a decision, the longer it goes on the more potential for harm it has. No doubt Bully has his way of preparing, tactics, formations etc that he's drilling in to players, but if he's not to be the long term manager, how far down the road do we go until a full time other is appointed, who then comes in with, possibly, completely different ways and tactics for the team to adapt to, thus in essence starting over well into a season!!. A definite decision needs to me made soon, whether that be Bullen (not my choice personally) or someone else. Its the confusion that'll kill us, needs sorting asap!!!

Problem I have is that IF we don't win our next 2 games and we still haven't brought anyone in and bullen is in charge.. what will that do to the confidence of the team and Bullen. If we win  against Barnsley will it be likely Bullen gets the job... if he does I want nothing more than him to succeed. 

Also if we did somehow manage to get promoted with Bullen, what happens next season. Would you trust him with preparation into the premier league? I know it's not likely but would you?

16 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Except that’s the point - we’re not trying to do things the way the pigs did. They appointed an experienced manager who’d proven his worth with success in the leagues below. You want us to appoint someone with no experience or success. Those are two different approaches.

It's baffling that some are equating United employing an experienced manager with a track record of success with us appointing a coach who's stepped in as caretaker for a few matches.

If Chansiri were so convinced by him, you'd have to question why he gave the job to someone else on three previous occasions.

In Bruce, we've just seen the kind of impact an experienced manager with contacts and the ability to pull together a solid backroom team can have.

Maybe Bullen will go on to prove himself as a top manager; we just don't know. But at this moment in time appointing him would represent a huge gamble; a leap into the unknown which we simply can't afford to be taking in our current predicament.

2 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Problem I have is that IF we don't win our next 2 games and we still haven't brought anyone in and bullen is in charge.. what will that do to the confidence of the team and Bullen. If we win  against Barnsley will it be likely Bullen gets the job... if he does I want nothing more than him to succeed. 

Also if we did somehow manage to get promoted with Bullen, what happens next season. Would you trust him with preparation into the premier league? I know it's not likely but would you?

If Bullen gets this team promoted, that would be some achievement, so you’d have to consider it

Just now, gurujuan said:

It’s simple, if there are no candidates available, who could do a better job, then you either have to prize one away (unlikely) or wait for one to become available So what do you do in the meantime? Well the sensible option would be to let Bullen take the reins surely?

So your consideration is DC waiting for someone else to become available, so in the mean time appoint Bullen!!. So he'd be manager until DC's choice was ready to take over, then Bullen would be sacked??. That surely can't be anyway to go about things, having a manger & squad thinking he's just keeping seat warm!!

There are a number of candidates, available, who have a far better record and much greater experience managing teams than Bullen, that can't be in dispute surely!?. DC just needs to make a definate choice one way or the other. As i say, if that Bully so be it, but to leave it hanging where no one is sure cant be in the best interests of the club!?

1 minute ago, tommycockles said:

So your consideration is DC waiting for someone else to become available, so in the mean time appoint Bullen!!. So he'd be manager until DC's choice was ready to take over, then Bullen would be sacked??. That surely can't be anyway to go about things, having a manger & squad thinking he's just keeping seat warm!!

There are a number of candidates, available, who have a far better record and much greater experience managing teams than Bullen, that can't be in dispute surely!?. DC just needs to make a definate choice one way or the other. As i say, if that Bully so be it, but to leave it hanging where no one is sure cant be in the best interests of the club!?

I wouldn’t want any of those mentioned, aside from maybe Hughton, who doesn’t want it, and GVB, who I doubt would fancy it

6 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Beating Barnsley can't, surely, be a deciding factor in whether Bullen right man for the job on a permanent basis!!??. DC either thinks he is, or as this malaise suggests, he doesn't, either way i just worry that the continued confusion and speculation isn't doing Bully, the squad and the overall club any favours. Appoint someone and lets get the season in full swing, clear in who's in charge and what we looking to do.

3 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

Beating Barnsley can't, surely, be a deciding factor in whether Bullen right man for the job on a permanent basis!!??. DC either thinks he is, or as this malaise suggests, he doesn't, either way i just worry that the continued confusion and speculation isn't doing Bully, the squad and the overall club any favours. Appoint someone and lets get the season in full swing, clear in who's in charge and what we looking to do.

There are no visible signs that it’s adversely effecting us at the moment

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I wouldn’t want any of those mentioned, aside from maybe Hughton, who doesn’t want it, and GVB, who I doubt would fancy it

I agree that the list of potentials mentioned is rather uninspiring, but to be fair we're not going to attract the elite are we?. Those touted are so for a reason, which is thats the level were at. Obviously we've no say in who's appointed, and as ive said, i'm not completely against Bullen taking job, but personally think better are available. I'm just wanting DC to make a choice asap, whoever it may be, just to settle everything down and we all can focus and hopefully have a successful season. But as it stands it's still all shrouded in mystery

44 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We are what we are, and I’d rather have Bullen getting the best out of the squad we have, than any of the other candidates mentioned. It looks as if we are trying to do things the way the piggies did it, they had a pretty average squad, certainly not top two, but overachieved magnificently. Don’t get me wrong, if we could attract a Bielsa, or someone of that ilk, then I might feel different. Would a manager like that be attracted to a club, with a squad of, largely jobbing championship players, and no real money to change things? I doubt it, hence I’m willing to try it this way

I’d give it Bullen now. The squad is reasonably well balanced now. I’d have preferred Joao to stay and one of the other strikers to have left and also Hector back, but we are where we are. If we keep our players reasonably injury free, I’m expecting a playoff push. It is certainly capable of getting one of the lower playoff spots in my opinion. I’m certainly expecting top 10.

1 minute ago, tommycockles said:

I agree that the list of potentials mentioned is rather uninspiring, but to be fair we're not going to attract the elite are we?. Those touted are so for a reason, which is thats the level were at. Obviously we've no say in who's appointed, and as ive said, i'm not completely against Bullen taking job, but personally think better are available. I'm just wanting DC to make a choice asap, whoever it may be, just to settle everything down and we all can focus and hopefully have a successful season. But as it stands it's still all shrouded in mystery

I think Sonny mentioned this earlier in the thread, and suggested it was unlike me settling for mediocrity Think perhaps mediocrity is the wrong word, but yes we are where we are. We are unlikely to attract a good manager, or the sort of manager who might make a huge difference, that’s true, although I haven’t completely given up on it. We have assembled a useful, battle hardened squad, well capable of a top ten finish. Until we can find the resources to have a proper push for promotion, I’d rather keep Bullen in charge, as I think he’s more then capable of keeping us in the top ten. We haven’t really spent at all in this window, and to be honest, I didn’t expect us to  If anyone believes the waffle that we made an enquiry for £7m rated McKenna, they’re deluded. My take on this is, Bullen has as much chance as any of those other candidates, of achieving our realistic aims 

26 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's baffling that some are equating United employing an experienced manager with a track record of success with us appointing a coach who's stepped in as caretaker for a few matches.

If Chansiri were so convinced by him, you'd have to question why he gave the job to someone else on three previous occasions.

In Bruce, we've just seen the kind of impact an experienced manager with contacts and the ability to pull together a solid backroom team can have.

Maybe Bullen will go on to prove himself as a top manager; we just don't know. But at this moment in time appointing him would represent a huge gamble; a leap into the unknown which we simply can't afford to be taking in our current predicament.

Exactly - Bullen might prove to be a success. If he gets the job then I hope he does. But it’s beside the point. Successful clubs don’t recruit the most important role at the club on hit and hope. They minimise risk. Narrow down the angles.

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

I can't think of a club that rowett as taken out the championship so does that rule him out as well... .... I think not to appoint someone  on th strength of no one else as been succesful is not reason enough not to give him a go.

What's that got to do with what i said who mentioned rowett did you read what i said?

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

What more can he do, a good pre season, an impressive away day first off, and according to many, the best transfer window seen in ages.  Will it last, who knows, it may, or it may not. For me, we have decent championship squad, more top ten, than top six, so I would take Bullen right now.  

Do you really think the new players had anything to do with Lee Bullen !! 

Just now, The General said:

There's a difference between a coach and a manager.

He's a good coach/motivator - but tactician? Will he know what to do when we're 0-1 down away to Luton with 10 men?

The General

I'd agree on that. He strikes me as one of those solid number 2's (no sniggering!!!), but hasn't got the full attributes for the top job. 

2 minutes ago, The General said:

There's a difference between a coach and a manager.

He's a good coach/motivator - but tactician? Will he know what to do when we're 0-1 down away to Luton with 10 men?

The General

That we’ll have to find out  Given how many sides lost at Luton, not many managers did know what to do