Mr Chansiri please appoint Mr Lee Bullen

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

Everyone? Some of the signings in the last 24 hours weren't on the OT radar so what makes you so sure Bruce was responsible?

well Bruce signed Borner from Germany and they must have known Chelsea would want a big fee, the bates deal must have been ticking along just incase.

The problem with Bullen is that he doesn't have sufficient managerial experience.

He's experience of coaching, and experience of being a No. 2.

But management is something different.

While things are going well he'll be fine.

It's when things go wrong that the trouble will start, as is the case in any job.

We're too high up the pecking order to be a crash test dummy.

1 hour ago, Colinwestzicoest said:

Why should anyone else come in and work with the excellent signings made this week. I believe Lee has had a big influence on proceedings this week & rightfully deserves to work with the excellent squad of players he has created.  

You really believe LB has had anything to do with these signings !!! Fml 

The shopping list will be the work of Bruce and his scouts.

They'll be responsible for the specific players we've engaged.

But we all know where we needed to strengthen, so whoever gets this job is unlikely to disapprove of our recruitment.

Maybe they'd have chosen different players, but they would broadly have been for the same positions.

I don't envisage Rowett, Pulis or anyone else wanting to manage a team with no pace, for example.

I think the pressure is off chansiri and Bullen now the transfer window is shut all our first team affairs and preseason is done our squad is now here so nobody else can influence that and our first win is on the table as long as this stays like this chansiri can take his time and rush the position 

I think I’d think if we get to first international break and we’re i. The top two chansiri will wither give it another 3 month or give Bullen the job and bring in some more coaches to help him 

if we’re skirting around the playoffs with a few niaeve or results or questionable performance chansiri will still be looking to bring someone in but maybe looking at bit more urgently 

if we have a disastrous start chansiri will bring someone in quickly 

in short it’s bullens to lose carry on winning and chansiri will give it him 

Bullen night come across as being over pally but it might just have been him over the last few years I particularly with the foreign managers that kept this squad together and it’s that togetherness with the quality of this team and the new fitness guy that might be enough to get us promoted 

the squads ready it’s about attitude and togetherness our talent will do the rest

for me you don’t have to employ Bullen right now it’s his to lose  

Bully has a job for life as our continuity man. DC should definitely give him a good package. However, please don’t appoint him manager, we have soooooo been down this road before. With an experienced but dynamic manager, there is no reason we cannot get promoted this year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Colinwestzicoest said:

Why should anyone else come in and work with the excellent signings made this week. I believe Lee has had a big influence on proceedings this week & rightfully deserves to work with the excellent squad of players he has created.  

Luongo said in his interview that we had shown interest at the beginning of pre-Season so can't have been Bullen, I would imagine all of our transfer targets where agreed on before Bullen.. I'm still hopeful he will win the job himself but don't think he should be given it after one game !

Surely there are more cons than pros in appointing Bullen full time? Just looking at Man Utd and Ole should teach us that. Moment he got job things started dropping off almost immediately.

No harm in taking our time here, if he does well that’s awesome. If he doesn’t? Well that’s not too much of an issue we get a seasoned manager in at later stage. 

in ten or so games time there may be some very good managers available. 

A thread of pure guesswork, my guess is why would they involve the coach in sourcing players etc?  The ground work seems to have been done before Bruce left.  Bullen might have been involved in the last interview to introduce them to the club as it were.

In two minds over Bullen being the manager comes across as very knowledgeable in interviews and seems very pragmatic.  His lack of managerial experience is a concern and maybe he is too close to the players.

It wouldn't surprise me if he became manager as the British managers available give me no confidence they could bring success to the club.

It will be interesting to see how DC reacts after we lose a game or two.   

Bullen would get the full support of the fans and hopefully would have a extended honeymoon period.  But he would need a good back up team behind him. 

Fascinating period as ever at the club.

The first 6 games are winnable and then it gets tougher. he has clearly followed Bruce's recruitment plan which is sensible and targets show we are using Bruce's scouts he brought in. 

We need to see how we go over next period of games. 

No manager could complain that we do not have a decent squad and it is certainly top half of table at least and should be knocking on door. A lot is about momentum and with first games not being that hard we should be in a position to gain some momentum and get confidence high which can be difference between automatic promotion and top 6. We usually start poorly and have to play catch up love to see us get off to flyer and see we can build on it.

Why give him the job now? He’s in the roll at the moment so why rush. Personally I don’t see him as a manager and would rather have someone else but if we’re flying by Christmas then give it him...Whats the rush?

6 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

The problem with Bullen is that he doesn't have sufficient managerial experience.

He's experience of coaching, and experience of being a No. 2.

But management is something different.

While things are going well he'll be fine.

It's when things go wrong that the trouble will start, as is the case in any job.

We're too high up the pecking order to be a crash test dummy.

You can just as easily look at it the other way and say why would we appoint managers who are on downward spiral...these blokes keep getting sacked for a reason.....I would prefer someone who's been successful of late like tisdale,cowley the bloke at Wigan but probably won't happen as they would be compo to pay...so where do we go ?serial failures , buy someone in or take a gamble on an experienced  coach with no managerial experience. 

8 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Personally think Bullen will have had next to nothing to do with getting these signings in 

I think it’s reasonably clear that the targets are from the Bruce era. DC and his associates have done the deals. I think Bullen has played his part though, clearly he’s spoken to the players from a football perspective.

LB would not be my first choice for manager although he’s a better option than some of the names linked. In the event he gets the gig, which looks increasingly likely he’ll have 100% of my support for as long as I can give it.