Mr Chansiri please appoint Mr Lee Bullen

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Plus a few in the cup

They lost in first round of league cup, and we put em out of fa cup in Jan!!

But not sure that was original posters consideration. I dont think he was predicting at some point a bullen lead swfc will be 1 down at Luton, more questioning whether he has the tactical acumen and experience to turn round games that are getting away from us. Rather than him being able to master the mighty Luton!!! 

1 minute ago, tommycockles said:

They lost in first round of league cup, and we put em out of fa cup in Jan!!

But not sure that was original posters consideration. I dont think he was predicting at some point a bullen lead swfc will be 1 down at Luton, more questioning whether he has the tactical acumen and experience to turn round games that are getting away from us. Rather than him being able to master the mighty Luton!!! 

I’m not totally convinced by Bullen, and following last weekends good performance at Reading, I could really see us losing 3-0 at home to Barnsley.  The issue for me is, I’m not convinced by any of the others mentioned either

I’m not totally convinced by Bullen, and following last weekends good performance at Reading, I could really see us losing 3-0 at home to Barnsley.  The issue for me is, I’m not convinced by any of the others mentioned either

So you'd be happy with a 'better the devil you know' scenario, even if he not up to job, than appointing someone who has a raft of experience as a manger at championship level and seeing if they'd work out??

2 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

So you'd be happy with a 'better the devil you know' scenario, even if he not up to job, than appointing someone who has a raft of experience as a manger at championship level and seeing if they'd work out??

No not quite, I’d be happier appointing someone who wouldn’t cost us a fortune, and had as much chance of succeeding as any of the other suggested candidates. That’s the crux of it, there are no convincing candidates available

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

No not quite, I’d be happier appointing someone who wouldn’t cost us a fortune, and had as much chance of succeeding as any of the other suggested candidates. That’s the crux of it, there are no convincing candidates available

Yeah, but the dabate, surely, is HAS Bullen as much chance of success as the out of work vastly more experienced champ' managers available??. Not sure where the basis for such an assertion comes from, as he's only ever been a 'manager' for 9 games, winning 4, and that's over 3 different spells!!.

But again, my point is not whether Bullen right choice, merely that DC mustn't think so or the 'caretaker' bit on his badge would be crossed out by now surely??

Edited by tommycockles

2 minutes ago, Dronfield_SWFC said:

Bullen has more coaching / managerial experience then Lampard had when he went to Derby

But to be fair, lampard operated at a far higher level, and could learn from manager of far greater talent & ability then Bullen ever has, so really they're not overly comparable situations

13 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

Yeah, but the dabate, surely, is HAS Bullen as much chance of success as the out of work vastly more experienced champ' managers available??. Not sure where the basis for such an assertion comes from, as he's only ever been a 'manager' for 9 games, winning 4, and that's over 3 different spells!!.

But again, my point is not whether Bullen right choice, merely that DC mustn't think so or the 'caretaker' bit on his badge would be crossed out by now surely??

No not really, it probably just underlines your point. He probably isn’t sure, like a lot of us aren’t, not only whether Bullen might be the right man for the job, or whether any of the other available candidates are. He’s giving himself time, either for Bullen to prove he’s the right man for the job, or for a suitable candidate to emerge. The point is, why appoint someone else you are unconvinced about, probably on a three year contract, let him bring in all his back room staff, and have all the cost of getting rid, if your reservations prove to be correct. I’m not convinced by any of them, but somebody needs to be holding the fort, so I’m happy to stick with the status quo

Edited by gurujuan

Bullen has to start somewhere. Wasn’t my first choice by a mile either. But circumstance has changed, our number 1 target doesn’t want it.

Bullen has continued playing too the teams strengths of last season. I personally don’t want someone coming in and changing all the good things we’ve been doing since Christmas.

It’s a very different situation to when your team is doing poorly and looking for a new boss, I just don’t at the moment see the need to knock it down and start again. I’m happy to see the work that’s started continue with Bullen. 

I like LB, handles himself well and gives decent press conferences. I hope he gets a fair crack at it, lets see how things loom after 15 or 20 games and the squad has had time together. Hope he makes it work. Be nice to get a few youngsters out on loan if we can.

No not really, it probably just underlines your point. He probably isn’t sure, like a lot of us aren’t, not only whether Bullen might be the right man for the job, or whether any of the other available candidates are. He’s giving himself time, either for Bullen to prove he’s the right man for the job, or for a suitable candidate to emerge. The point is, why appoint someone else you are unconvinced about, probably on a three year contract, let him bring in all his back room staff, and have all the cost of getting rid, if your reservations prove to be correct. I’m not convinced by any of them, but somebody needs to be holding the fort, so I’m happy to stick with the status quo

Fair do's, so why doesn't DC publicly back him and announce it's Bullen's for the foreseeable future and we can all settle in and crack on??

To be fair, this is now his 3rd caretaker spell and he seems to get better each spell. That Burton game is still ingrained on my Bullen CV though, but we seem to be moving forward.  

1 minute ago, tommycockles said:

Fair do's, so why doesn't DC publicly back him and announce it's Bullen's for the foreseeable future and we can all settle in and crack on??

He may well soon, or on the other hand, he may believe there is someone in the pipeline who might become available

1 minute ago, GerOwl said:

To be fair, this is now his 3rd caretaker spell and he seems to get better each spell. That Burton game is still ingrained on my Bullen CV though, but we seem to be moving forward.  

Sure, and it’s why I’m not totally convinced, and why I suggested, it wouldn’t be a complete surprise if we lost 3-0 at home to Barnsley. Were that to happen, maybe we may have to look at things differently

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He may well soon, or on the other hand, he may believe there is someone in the pipeline who might become available

So DC might or might not make an announcement on Bullen, and/or is looking at someone else!!. Can't argue with that, glad its all cleared up!!:unsure:

21 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

But to be fair, lampard operated at a far higher level, and could learn from manager of far greater talent & ability then Bullen ever has, so really they're not overly comparable situations

I hear your point but many of the best managers never payed at the highest level