Mr Chansiri please appoint Mr Lee Bullen

Bullen has been nowhere near involved in getting these players through the door, might have had discussions to persuade them but he certainly didn’t identify them. Bullen would be a huge risk for me , I love the bloke but he’s a bit too friendly with all the players and if things got tough I don’t think he’s strong enough to command the respect required. Think he’s a brilliant coach and a great person to have as a link between club and fan base. Wouldn’t like to see us risk that and then him get the sack in February and leave all together. 

Will Bullen be a good manager?

I don't know.

No one does.  It's supposition at this stage.

I do know that he's on a hiding to nothing though. 

Folks have made their minds up. Even if he wins every game it'll be passed off as "anyone could have won these games". 

First defeat? 

He'll get pelters. 

From that point of view I feel for the man and wouldn't wish that on him.

Am I alone in seeing that a major problem with giving the job to Bully is that, should he have a disastrous run of results, we could end up losing both our manager and our most influencial coach in one swing of the provebial axe? Or worse, we might be disinclined to part company should he underperform with what seems to be a very balanced and competitive squad.

I mean, I've already booked passage on HMS PTL, but we all know how hard this league tends to be.

Edit: swfcjack27 got there before me, so I guess I'm not alone WTF:

Edited by adifferentgame
see main body

11 minutes ago, Think tank said:

The fact they call him Bully tells me they aren’t expecting him to be their manager.

I’m sure they all must have asked the question about who the manager was going to be? 

Yeah you would have thought they would have called him gaffer or something similar. Even just as the caretaker I would have thought they would call him gaffer etc. 

Why not leave things as they are and see how it goes. Give it until November and if going well offer Bully a substantial bonus if we get to the play offs, doubled if we are promoted. If things don't go well appoint new manager in December. If we were promoted I think we would need a new manager any way.

• Like 1

Do you risk potentially losing momentum we could gain with this revamped squad with Bullen and risk the opportunity of really pushing on... not that Bullen would fail but it would be a huge risk.

Or do you get someone in with experience who you would expect to be able to get the potential out of the new signings.. 

Bullen seems fantastic with the players and is a real Wednesday man.. but is that enough? Is it worth the risk?

Didn’t Murphy said he liked the style of play ‘Bully’ is trying to implement?

Its Bullen in charge working with Bruce’s blueprint. And Bruce’s blueprint looks pretty good to me. Some very good signings, weaknesses addressed, high pressing and a 4-3-3 which brings the best out of our most creative players.

Bullen should be given the job officially.

Guest Theboylangers

It's been done to death this topic.

Bullen, coach yes, manager no.

But I do feel the job is Bullen's to lose as we stand right now. 

Not convinced.

All managers have to start somewhere.

Bullen's had his ups and downs as our caretaker granted, but his last stint was good, he saw where we were going wrong and rectified it immediately.

The first game of the season was ok wasn't it, he even made decent subs.......now I'm not particularly advocating he gets the job, but there's not much out there on the managerial merry-go-round and sometimes it's just the right place at the right time scenario.

Maybe he should be given the chance, yes it might go titties up, but we can't be sure can we, it could just work.

26 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Or do you get someone in with experience who you would expect to be able to get the potential out of the new signings.. 

Who do you have in mind, pulis, rowett?

What we have now is no way a pulis type team.

Rowett would dismantle and get older ' experienced' players in, he always does.

Or maybe any new manager, would be manager in name only...really a head coach...we have one already

58 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Personally think Bullen will have had next to nothing to do with getting these signings in 

Well why go ahead and sign them. When Rowett starts last tuesday he might not want em..pulis won't want em when he starts next thursday.

Seems to me Bullen had a teeny weeny bit of a say.

Guest gizowl
46 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

My view is that these signings have the influence of Bruce and his scouts all over them. 

They're our scouts now but agree Braddo  the new scouting system set up by SB seems to be coming up trumps.Far more confident in our recruiting, needs keeping in place along with Strudwick even if a new manager comes in. 

9 minutes ago, ... said:

Not Bullen, everyone signed was identified by Bruce and his team.

Everyone? Some of the signings in the last 24 hours weren't on the OT radar so what makes you so sure Bruce was responsible?