Massimo Luongo & Jacob Murphy

58 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

So to clarify Reach scores 8 in a team that was for about half the season a shower of shybooo. That's not enough goals. Murphy scores 9, and that's not a bad return. Reach is so under rated by some of our fans.

It's 'cos he neshes tackles... like Chris Waddle did!

Don't really mind our attacking, creative wide men not being able to put a foot in personally.

43 minutes ago, camffiti said:

I said the comment of Murphy's pace not being used effectively, because he's lightweight, reminded me of Sterling - That's the extent of the comparison.

I clearly stated I didn't think Sterling was a bad player. Pep is just using him differently now, which has resulted in more goals ...

It's not surprising that Pep has recognized strengths & weaknesses and improved a player 

I disagree about Sterling's 'robustness' though. I've seen dogs more sturdy running on their hind legs ... As I said though, he's probably stronger than he chooses to be 

He hasn't turned Sterling into a poacher at all, does he remind you of Lineker or Sheringham how he plays?

He's helped train him to get into positions to score goals (coming in at the back post a lot), but he is still getting on the ball in wide areas and around the edge of the box very often.

1 minute ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Reach scored 9 goals last season.

That’s pretty decent, we really need to try and get our wide players into double figures, to compensate for the lack of goals elsewhere.  Fletcher, for all his other attributes, is not a prolific striker, and a midfield three of Hutchinson, Lee and Bannan, doesn’t have many goals in it. If all areas can chip in a few extra, then we should be OK

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That’s pretty decent, we really need to try and get our wide players into double figures, to compensate for the lack of goals elsewhere.  Fletcher, for all his other attributes, is not a prolific striker, and a midfield three of Hutchinson, Lee and Bannan, doesn’t have many goals in it. If all areas can chip in a few extra, then we should be OK

See you are putting your diploma in stating the obvious to good use..

3 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

He hasn't turned Sterling into a poacher at all, does he remind you of Lineker or Sheringham how he plays?

He's helped train him to get into positions to score goals (coming in at the back post a lot), but he is still getting on the ball in wide areas and around the edge of the box very often.

Definitely not. I would say Sterling still misses too many sitters but he is always in dangerous positions. 

I think the Murphy signing is a long shot considering the ongoing legal matters between both clubs. However, I'm absolutely delighted with our approach to this window and if we can ship out Rhodes and bring in a replacement for Joao, it'll be fantastic. The lack of a manager though could hinder some deals imo.

If Murphy comes I think you can safely assume a settlement between us and Newcastle has been reached/agreed,  suspect Newcastle know they did wrong and will have wanted a quick solution , maybe a bit of mediation from the PL between clubs 

4 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Dom saying we will find out today if we have been successful signing Murphy. Really hope we are. I just don’t see Newcastle doing us any favours. 

It could be a deal where we agree to put the gun down we’ve got pointed at them (?). 

Guest gizowl
2 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

It could be a deal where we agree to put the gun down we’ve got pointed at them (?). 

I think its a chance to settle our differences and for Bruce to try to say sorry. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Chow said:

been needing a cm since our first promotion attempt. Just need cover in general whilst also hopefully adding some energy into the midfield areas, lee bannan and hutch wont last forever injury free.

Agreed. Sounds like we are finally replacing Alex Lopez

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Chow said:

been needing a cm since our first promotion attempt. Just need cover in general whilst also hopefully adding some energy into the midfield areas, lee bannan and hutch wont last forever injury free.

Was thinking about this earlier... if we continue to play 3 centre midfielders thats 46 x 3 games to cover using Bazza, Hutch, Lee and Joey as it stands. Split that up, its 138 games so if bannan plays in 40 thats 98 games to share between the other 3 that we have. lets assume Hutch and Lee get through 35 each (which I'm not sure they will) that's 28 starts for Joey!

• Thanks 1