Massimo Luongo & Jacob Murphy

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Luongo is 26 how much younger do they need to be.

He’s 27 next month, but as I said, that’s not the point. Our regular midfield Lee 31, Hutchinson 30 and Bannan 29 is old by normal football standards We need to back that up with a bit of energy

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He’s 27 next month, but as I said, that’s not the point. Our regular midfield Lee 31, Hutchinson 30 and Bannan 29 is old by normal football standards We need to back that up with a bit of energy

26 is going in the right direction. :rolleyes:

40 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Dom saying the fee for Luongo isn’t anywhere near the 3.3 million being quoted in the media. 

Did people seriously think it was anywhere near that ? Last year of his contract , let’s be honest it’s probably not even £1M

cracking signing to be honest 

11 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Did people seriously think it was anywhere near that ? Last year of his contract , let’s be honest it’s probably not even £1M

cracking signing to be honest 

Hes asked to leave as well so I reckon a cheaper deal packed with add ons that'll take ages for them to receive lol

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Could do now, but if he doesn’t renew I wonder how much we’d be forced to sell for next summer

Don't think its a case of "could do now",he will have a price as it is way beyond one would expect most championship teams,and given the opportunity would re-sign in a heartbeat,don't think there will be any "forced" sales either,just an opinion like.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

We've literally just witnessed a side get promoted playing high energy football with pretty much the same 11 all season that consisted of midfielders aged 28,28 and 33, two strikers aged 31 and 33 wing backs aged 29 and 27 and a marauding centre back aged 31. The other 2 outfield players are centre backs aged 25 and 26. Give it a rest with the we need young legs bull.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Is there a foetus you would recommend to bring the average age down.lol

Edited by prowl
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Could do now, but if he doesn’t renew I wonder how much we’d be forced to sell for next summer

We paid 5 mill,but the year before Preston offered 250,000 for him,how much do people really thing he is worth ? flatters to deceive imo

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, This Is Our City said:

We've literally just witnessed a side get promoted playing high energy football with pretty much the same 11 all season that consisted of midfielders aged 28,28 and 33, two strikers aged 31 and 33 wing backs aged 29 and 27 and a marauding centre back aged 31. The other 2 outfield players are centre backs aged 25 and 26. Give it a rest with the we need young legs bull.

Gleadless Red Lion?

1 minute ago, This Is Our City said:

DC said it, Bruce said it, even Bullen said it, now I’m flippingsaying it

7 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

We paid 5 mill,but the year before Preston offered 250,000 for him,how much do people really thing he is worth ? flatters to deceive imo

Simon Grayson was manager at the time,and after Reach's loan spell they (preston) were keen on getting a deal done,if they could agree at £1 million max.

Now wether you/we think we overpaid for him means nowt really,it was what it was,he has become a better player at swfc since he signed,Even if we did agree to sell him,i'd guarantee it won't be for less than wednesday paid for him.

15 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

Preston didn’t get him though did they? We did for 20 times as much as that. Since then he’s gone from a player who had a bit of promise to someone who is scoring goals and making them, you can see the market yourself for how much players like that go for.

• Haha 1

Know barely anything about Luongo. Not suprising given he was at QPR who are a nothing team.

Is he an upgrade on Hutchison, or just decent compeition whenever Hutch is out. Does raise questions over Joey's future with us if he's yet further down the pecking order.. May as well move him on.  

1 minute ago, swfc-dan said:

Know barely anything about Luongo. Not suprising given he was at QPR who are a nothing team.

Is he an upgrade on Hutchison, or just decent compeition whenever Hutch is out. Does raise questions over Joey's future with us if he's yet further down the pecking order.. May as well move him on.  

From what I've seen of him he isn't a direct comparison to Hutch, Lee or Bannan. Instead, he has some of the qualities of each of them. Can tackle, gets up and down the pitch and capable of playing a bit. Decent option for us IMO. 

20 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

DC said it, Bruce said it, even Bullen said it, now I’m flippingsaying it

And we are doing it.

Average age of our current recruits, plus our suspected targets, is 25.6 years old. I’ve not included the 3rd choice cheapo GK as he’s obviously emergency cover.

Surely you don’t think that’s too old? lol 

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

2 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Loves a tackle and is a 110% man in the sense of similarities to Hutch, I’d argue there slightly different players though and may even compliment each other 

Pelupessy is a limited footballer but he could be useful to bring on in place of tired legs, doesn’t do a terrible job