Massimo Luongo & Jacob Murphy

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Was thinking about this earlier... if we continue to play 3 centre midfielders thats 46 x 3 games to cover using Bazza, Hutch, Lee and Joey as it stands. Split that up, its 138 games so if bannan plays in 40 thats 98 games to share between the other 3 that we have. lets assume Hutch and Lee get through 35 each (which I'm not sure they will) that's 28 starts for Joey!

cazza.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Dont really understand the stick guru is receiving?

Because he's making ridiculous claims about us signing ageing players when we haven't signed anyone over the age of 28 this window, also claiming we don't have enough goals from the wings without 'checking the stats' on Adam Reach getting 9 last season.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BIG D said:

He always gives his honest opinion.

He was probably the only person on here who called the Rhodes transfer out as a bad deal before it happened.

Honest opinion that every player we're linked with is crap. A broken clock is right twice a day.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Was thinking about this earlier... if we continue to play 3 centre midfielders thats 46 x 3 games to cover using Bazza, Hutch, Lee and Joey as it stands. Split that up, its 138 games so if bannan plays in 40 thats 98 games to share between the other 3 that we have. lets assume Hutch and Lee get through 35 each (which I'm not sure they will) that's 28 starts for Joey!

That's only if Hutch, Lee and Bannan don't all play at the same time.

If Bannan, Hutch and Lee play 35 games together then Joey only gets 11 starts!

Just now, jonnyowl said:

That's only if Hutch, Lee and Bannan don't all play at the same time.

If Bannan, Hutch and Lee play 35 games together then Joey only gets 11 starts!

But in those 11 starts he has to play in all three positions??? Who makes up the midfield three in those 11 games? Joey.... 

9 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Honest opinion that every player we're linked with is crap. A broken clock is right twice a day.

To be fair to Guru I agree with him from time to time, but quite often posts are so predetermined it’s like a parody of the original point of view. 

6 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Ha, maybe we’ve just been linked with some right crap then. The more realistic ones, or the one I believe we have a genuine interest in, I actually think we’re on the right track. Odubajo and Harris, I’m OK with, useful additions to the squad. Ditto Borner, although to be honest, I really didn’t know much about him. Who else? Ah, Jones the keeper, well is he good enough to be a championship keeper? Probably not, but I can see why he was signed.

On the latest rumours, Hector, yes I’m all over that one, should be our number one priority. The two names today, I’m not sure, but I haven’t said they were crap, or even questioned their ability, just their recent form. As a pair of signings, again, they’d be useful additions to the squad. My only reservation about Luongo, apart from his recent form, is his age, well not specifically his age, but the average age of our midfield. We need some energy, and younger legs in there, and that’s something I feel strongly about. Now I think that about covers it, so you can see, there is no case to answer to

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Yeah 11 starts, not 28 as in the original post!

I think you may have missed the point so I’ll try again.

If we only have 4 CM’s and as you say 3 play together for 35 games only. The 4th would only have to play 11 games (I agree with this) but who does he play those 11 games with? A central three of Joey and who else? 

2 hours ago, fingyfop said:

He hasn't turned Sterling into a poacher at all, does he remind you of Lineker or Sheringham how he plays?

He's helped train him to get into positions to score goals (coming in at the back post a lot), but he is still getting on the ball in wide areas and around the edge of the box very often.

Exactly. 

The types of goals he scores, rarely relate to his pace

His pace is used to win fouls. Not beat players, cross quality balls & score Henry like goals 

Once again, I'm not saying he's a bad player. I was talking about the way he uses (& doesn't use) his pace 

Re the use of the word 'poacher' ... Somethings shouldn't need explaining in such detail, unless I'm dealing with pendantry trolls 

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Ha, maybe we’ve just been linked with some right crap then. The more realistic ones, or the one I believe we have a genuine interest in, I actually think we’re on the right track. Odubajo and Harris, I’m OK with, useful additions to the squad. Ditto Borner, although to be honest, I really didn’t know much about him. Who else? Ah, Jones the keeper, well is he good enough to be a championship keeper? Probably not, but I can see why he was signed.

On the latest rumours, Hector, yes I’m all over that one, should be our number one priority. The two names today, I’m not sure, but I haven’t said they were crap, or even questioned their ability, just their recent form. As a pair of signings, again, they’d be useful additions to the squad. My only reservation about Luongo, apart from his recent form, is his age, well not specifically his age, but the average age of our midfield. We need some energy, and younger legs in there, and that’s something I feel strongly about. Now I think that about covers it, so you can see, there is no case to answer to

How old is Luongo ?  Just me that seems to think he’s been around forever !?

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Overruled.

4 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I think you may have missed the point so I’ll try again.

If we only have 4 CM’s and as you say 3 play together for 35 games only. The 4th would only have to play 11 games (I agree with this) but who does he play those 11 games with? A central three of Joey and who else? 

tenor.gif:ghoulguy:

• Haha 1