Massimo Luongo & Jacob Murphy

We know that Aarons will fit in to the way we play. Fitness may be an issue but hopefully Strudwick’s methods will give him a chance of staying fit? Would love to see him back here.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

6 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

We know that Aarons will fit in to the way we play. Fitness may be an issue but hopefully Strudwick’s methods will give him a chance of staying fit? Would love to see him back here.

Aarons or Murphy would be decent, adds to the squad of area we are lacking.

Guest wilyfox

Was hoping for Murphy. Not convinced by Aarons' fitness or end product. Would he adequately replace Joao's contribution? I don't think so. 

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Was hoping for Murphy. Not convinced by Aarons' fitness or end product. Would he adequately replace Joao's contribution? I don't think so. 

I wouldn't mind either. Both would give us balance and competition for places. It's more about getting players to fit both would suit us and give us extra pace. Newcastle fans seem more disappointed in losing Aarons by the sounds of it. After he appeared in all their friendlies and were hoping for him to be involved in their opening day squad.

15 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I’d be happy with either but my toon mate who is a season ticket holder reckons Aarons is much the better player but he’s injury prone.

21 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Joao’s contribution of showing up in 1 of 4 games? Sure he could manage that 

Guest wilyfox
9 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I’d be happy with either but my toon mate who is a season ticket holder reckons Aarons is much the better player but he’s injury prone.

Its not just his time here, over the years Aarons has a history of play a few games, get injured, play a few more games, get injured again. He would breakdown again. Wonderful talent, but never fit long enough to develop & fulfil his potential. Whereas Murphy has hit double-figures for goals a couple of seasons: a better replacement for Joao in my opinion, whom played most of his recent time in a wide role for us. 

Edited by wilyfox