Borner if Hector comes in

Hector and Borner can both play football. Tom Lees is very solid, dependable, committed but cant pass a ball. He also struggles without a strong voice alongside him. There's no mystery as to why his form dipped between us moving on from Loovens and Hector becoming a regular. 

Hector or Borner could also slot into midfield when Sam is suspended.

1 minute ago, danblakemore said:

i'd play 3 at the back tbf

reach and harris out wide, Hutch in def mid, to drop back when required.

I doubt (m)any manager will play wingers at wing back, just to fit all the big names into a starting 11

49 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Hector is better than Lees. For me it’s Hector plus Lees or Börner if Hec comes back.

I disagree. I think if Tom Lees was available for £5m you’d have a queue around the block of people wanting to sign him. However Hector, who I think is a top player, doesn’t have a queue of teams lining up to sign him. 

• Haha 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
16 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

I disagree. I think if Tom Lees was available for £5m you’d have a queue around the block of people wanting to sign him. However Hector, who I think is a top player, doesn’t have a queue of teams lining up to sign him. 

Each to their own but Lees for me was poor last season until Hector started playing out of his skin and Westwood came back. Season before he was poor until Venancio came in. Steady Eddie but not in Hector’s class.

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

Why was he better ? 

Was it not his man who scored ?

It is my opinion, for a debut he played really well. He looked far more comfortable on ball than Lee did  Meite outjumped Odubajo or Harris can not remember which one. Reading were good in air won a lot of duels. 

If marking the pair of them I would have given marginally better marking to Borner mainly due to him being composed and unflustered. Did lots of positive things.

15 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Anyone who watched hector in DM against Luton in the cup will agree.....simply no!!! Possibly his worst performance in his time with us. Sloppy, wasteful and didn’t look comfortable.

No idea where it came from but there's rumours that Börner was signed with the mindset of him being cover for DM, so if we do sign a cut price Hector due to Reading waiving their sell on clause that's a really great spine to have. 

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Each to their own but Lees for me was poor last season until Hector started playing out of his skin and Westwood came back. Season before he was poor until Venancio came in. Steady Eddie but not in Hector’s class.

Lees was poor under Jos playing in an uncomfortable back 3, but so was Hector, people let the fact he was bouncing down the concourse blind them to the countless mistakes  he made last season. Once we went back to basics they both picked their games up.

52 minutes ago, Quist said:

It is my opinion, for a debut he played really well. He looked far more comfortable on ball than Lee did  Meite outjumped Odubajo or Harris can not remember which one. Reading were good in air won a lot of duels. 

If marking the pair of them I would have given marginally better marking to Borner mainly due to him being composed and unflustered. Did lots of positive things.

He did ,

I like him but early days yet and I agree he looks assured on the ball , it was Harris who was left trying to jump with Meite 

3 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Lees was poor under Jos playing in an uncomfortable back 3, but so was Hector, people let the fact he was bouncing down the concourse blind them to the countless mistakes  he made last season. Once we went back to basics they both picked their games up.

Dont know what that part means but I agree with the rest , Hector only really came into his own after Jos had gone 

9 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Agree Hector has seemingly taken a long time to come into form, lets hope he wont disappoint some of our fanbase he he does become a Wednesday player (which I don't think he will).

9 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Dont know what that part means but I agree with the rest , Hector only really came into his own after Jos had gone 

He was bouncing down the concourse at Chelsea, fans love a bit of pashun don't they. Lees is a more quiet guy that keeps himself away from too much fan interaction, so they'll turn quicker on him.