Borner if Hector comes in

For anyone that's seen him play: in the event of a Lees/Hector partnership, could Borner fit in elsewhere besides CB or would he be competing with them for a start? 

Edited by cbirks

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Be Hector, Lees, Borner and Thorniley competing for the 2 spots I'd have thought.

This ^ 

Plus, those saying, Hector should no longer be a priority have they thought about what happens if we lose either of Lees or Borner to injury? And Borner might have impressed so far but so did the likes of JVA when he first joined, the Borner signing still could go either way, even though he seems an astute signing. Our defensive options would look strong for this level if we get Hector back.

I think it could even be said it’s technically for just 1 spot. Tom Lees is always going to start, one of the most consistent players we’ve got got and captain. For me doesn’t get the credit for how good he actually is and will be him partnered with someone else. 

I personally don’t feel like we are desperate for Hector. I like Borner and Iorfa looks more than capable. Along with Thorniley and Van Aken spending £5m on a CB right now wouldn’t be smart. We are desperate for 1 or 2 central players and desperate for a wide player. I’d hope as a club we’ve learned from mistakes (Signing Rhodes when we had about 6 strikers already and no CB) and spend money wisely. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 minute ago, 1993swfc said:

I think it could even be said it’s technically for just 1 spot. Tom Lees is always going to start, one of the most consistent players we’ve got got and captain. For me doesn’t get the credit for how good he actually is and will be him partnered with someone else. 

I personally don’t feel like we are desperate for Hector. I like Borner and Iorfa looks more than capable. Along with Thorniley and Van Aken spending £5m on a CB right now wouldn’t be smart. We are desperate for 1 or 2 central players and desperate for a wide player. I’d hope as a club we’ve learned from mistakes (Signing Rhodes when we had about 6 strikers already and no CB) and spend money wisely. 

Hector is better than Lees. For me it’s Hector plus Lees or Börner if Hec comes back.

Would you take Hector and Bormer and Leeson the bench? Or as an alternative to Hector, would you be happy with the lad from Aberdeen, McKenna. A few champ clubs believed to be sniffing around him. Anyone seen Mckenna play, is he any good?

Trevoh Chalobah has been linked a couple of times this summer

He plays CM and occasionally CB ... I'd be more confident in Hector playing both those positions.

Versatility is useful, in a squad that is desperately trying to cut costs. That's why I'd also keep Reach ...

Aside from being a two footed goal scoring wide player, he's the closest we'll get to another Bannan.png.ef443b7f1e6292f8b7f9d9cec389e995.png