Joao and Rhodes Out But Who Do You Want In?

Guest gizowl
4 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

We need pace, Bamford is about as quick as Rhodes.

Similar player agreed, not what we need. 

2 minutes ago, Minton said:

Had The Cabbage still been in charge, reckon we might have seen Onomah back. As it stands, I'd be happy with someone like Austin on the cheap.

Please, no more old uns We are currently paying the price for our obsession with recruiting old players on large contracts

40 minutes ago, flash said:

Winnal and FF can’t play as lone strikers. 

Never seen Winnall play as a loan striker in the flesh but:

- didn’t he do really well in that role at Derby under Rowett when their fans loved him before he did his cruciate 

- he seems on paper to have the attributes for it: works hard closing down CBs, decent in the air, not slow

I don’t see why it couldn’t work 

Hector

Loan young winger, loan young left back, loan young centre midfielder

Possibly sign Marshall on a free, i was against this, but i think i am warming to it.

Don't spend a lot. Use scouts and knowledge to get young loan players from PL. Spend money on Hector and Marshall wages (2 year deal) Or give him 3 (as i think he may demand this with being a free) with an option after 2 to terminate if has not hit certain targets.

I think we will probably only get 1 or 2 in before Thurs 5pm. But in an ideal world i would like these.

I would also like to move out Rhodes and Van Aken, even if just on loan with fees and percentage of wages included. Also our youngsters should have been sent out on loan before now to gain experience.  Preston, Hunt, Baker, if hector arrives even Penney and thorniley with recalls included for injuries.

1 minute ago, beloved_aunt said:

Never seen Winnall play as a loan striker in the flesh but:

- didn’t he do really well in that role at Derby under Rowett when their fans loved him before he did his cruciate 

- he seems on paper to have the attributes for it: works hard closing down CBs, decent in the air, not slow

I don’t see why it couldn’t work 

He has the touch of a parks player

Just now, tarn owl said:

Hector

Loan young winger, loan young left back, loan young centre midfielder

Possibly sign Marshall on a free, i was against this, but i think i am warming to it.

Don't spend a lot. Use scouts and knowledge to get young loan players from PL. Spend money on Hector and Marshall wages (2 year deal) Or give him 3 (as i think he may demand this with being a free) with an option after 2 to terminate if has not hit certain targets.

I think we will probably only get 1 or 2 in before Thurs 5pm. But in an ideal world i would like these.

I would also like to move out Rhodes and Van Aken, even if just on loan with fees and percentage of wages included. Also our youngsters should have been sent out on loan before now to gain experience.  Preston, Hunt, Baker, if hector arrives even Penney and thorniley with recalls included for injuries.

You can't recall loan players any more (unless they are academy players), it's 6 month deal or 12 month deal. 

• Thanks 1

Had a look at some strikers not getting a kick in the Prem that could be available. 

Hogan - Villa

Hemed - Brighton

Wells - Burnley 

Vydra - Burnley

Wickham - Palace

Gayle - Newcastle 

Bonatini - Wolves 

Wish list.

Hector.

Hard tackling, ball winning beast in the middle. (far too light weight there) CarltonPalmerlol

Striker. (Fletch WILL get injured) Winnall hardly played, rather we sell, but no takers right now. Nando is just Nando. Long lad is, well, long lad...(Gayle) but never gonna happen.

What was the question again??????

31 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Had a look at some strikers not getting a kick in the Prem that could be available. 

Hogan - Villa

Hemed - Brighton

Wells - Burnley 

Vydra - Burnley

Wickham - Palace

Gayle - Newcastle 

Bonatini - Wolves 

Some decent ones there tbh.

Surprised the blunts didn't go for one of those over that one from Southampton.