Joao and Rhodes Out But Who Do You Want In?

I would stick to the loan market. If Rhodes and Joao go out, I’d have a look at loaning Scott Hogan from Villa, really need some pace up top. I’d also look at Lansbury at Villa on loan, goal scoring midfielder who hasn’t had a kick their for a while. 

Guest gizowl
25 minutes ago, evaD said:

Are they even still working for us? If so, that would be a positive

I've not heard otherwise  and I think the shopping list will be pretty much what was drawn up while Bruce was here. 

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Although we did have four on the bench on Saturday, though I agree, that was probably a bit overkill

Yeah that did seem a bit over the top but just shows how unbalanced the squad is both in term of quality in other areas and numbers.

I also don't think the club will see left back as a priority at the moment, as we all know they need to balance the books and more quality at CM and on the Wing are a more pressing concern.

Guest gizowl
2 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

I would stick to the loan market. If Rhodes and Joao go out, I’d have a look at loaning Scott Hogan from Villa, really need some pace up top. I’d also look at Lansbury at Villa on loan, goal scoring midfielder who hasn’t had a kick their for a while. 

Lansbury is bone idle, more work in a junior disperin 

1 minute ago, gizowl said:

I've not heard otherwise  and I think the shopping list will be pretty much what was drawn up while Bruce was here. 

The fact Bullen said he would sit down with the chairman and see what happens suggests

to me that not much will be forthcoming.

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

The fact Bullen said he would sit down with the chairman and see what happens suggests

to me that not much will be forthcoming.

I read a couple of weeks ago Bullen saying DC had been given names presumably if we moved players out, now this seems to be happening lets see if DC spends a bit. 

2 minutes ago, gizowl said:

I read a couple of weeks ago Bullen saying DC had been given names presumably if we moved players out, now this seems to be happening lets see if DC spends a bit. 

I've not read that. Was it on here?....

I'm quoting what Bullen said on Saturday night. Seems a bit late in the day to me

3 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Bullen says quite a few things that seem a little contrary, but we don’t know in what context they were meant

59 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

We need midfield cover. I've identified our targets. 

For Bannan, the little playmaker at Stoke, Ryan Woods.

For Lee, the Reading player, John Swift.

For Hutchinson, he was on loan in the champ last year, I don't think its far fetched. Andy King

Ryan woods, ran the game at Hillsborough last season, don't think he played on Saturday, perfect loan signing

Another wide player is the most pressing need. Someone to play on the opposite side to Harris who has pace. Reach can play in multiple positions pretty well so i'd prefer to have the pace out wide in the 4-3-3 formation we are going with.

4-3-3/4-5-1 seems to be what we are building for. With this in mind I feel we need ideally:

CB (Hector) 

CM beast/ball winner

Pacey Winger 

CF (Strong and Quick) 

Re CF with the near loss of Joao and Rhodes, it feels like it’s essential we get someone in who is a pacey target man unless we play 2 upfront!

Fletcher can be injury prone, Dave ain’t prolific, Winnal and FF can’t play as lone strikers.