Joao and Rhodes Out But Who Do You Want In?

5m for Joao and the couple of million the Rhodes deal would free up wouldn’t get us much, but if we can get some permanent buys at a good age it would be nice. Loans are good...if you go up as they still cost.

Depends if Morsy is available for a good price, I’d look at him, maybe Oliver Burke on loan or Marshall on a free. But I suspect it will be more like an Ejaria who has played games but not really cut it yet. If we can’t get Hector then maybe we will go for someone like Findlay.

8 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

5m for Joao and the couple of million the Rhodes deal would free up wouldn’t get us much, but if we can get some permanent buys at a good age it would be nice. Loans are good...if you go up as they still cost.

Depends if Morsy is available for a good price, I’d look at him, maybe Oliver Burke on loan or Marshall on a free. But I suspect it will be more like an Ejaria who has played games but not really cut it yet. If we can’t get Hector then maybe we will go for someone like Findlay.

If that's who Reading had on loan last season, their fans seem gutted that they can afford Joao but not £3m for him.

Never heard of him myself.

5 minutes ago, davedave said:

If that's who Reading had on loan last season, their fans seem gutted that they can afford Joao but not £3m for him.

Never heard of him myself.

Heard him rumoured as a potential loan target. U21 international at Liverpool, he might’ve developed a bit now if Reading were keen but he struggled at Sunderland 

Obviously Hec been a priority but that could break the bank for us, the 5-7 mill we get for Joao would be needed to get Hec if it wasn't a loan again. We would definitely need a striker to come in, the thought of Winnall and Nuhiu been promoted to 2nd and 3rd choice centre forward scares the life out of me

38 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Maybe it's Rhodes, João, pelepessy, winnall, fox all out this week and some quality replacements in before the window shuts..... with a new manager rocking up on Saturday morning

Carlsberg transfer window....

I have to agree there is more to get out !

Winnall Pelupessy Fox van Aken can all leave this week plus a number of younger players on loan which if happens can enable us to bring in another striker !!!

So Hector, Wickham LB 2 x CM players and a winger for me.

I can dream.

12 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Let’s just say if Chansiri has struck a deal for Gayle as part of the disputed compensation and got around £10m for Joao and Rhodes, he’s played a blinder. 

Imagine the scenes.

Just now, gurujuan said:

As long as it’s not friggin Charlie Austin, but that would be exactly the sort of dumb move we’d make

Charlie Austin would be a class signing............ until he gets injured for 2 weeks, which turns into 2 months. Then comes back gets fit looks amazing bangs goals in then gets injured for 3 weeks, which turns into three months.

So basically he would be our best striker but never play. May aswell have kept Hooper

3 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Charlie Austin would be a class signing............ until he gets injured for 2 weeks, which turns into 2 months. Then comes back gets fit looks amazing bangs goals in then gets injured for 3 weeks, which turns into three months.

So basically he would be our best striker but never play. May aswell have kept Hooper

apart from that, he wouldn’t be a good fit in the system we play, unless we were to drop Fletcher

Just now, gurujuan said:

apart from that, he wouldn’t be a good fit in the system we play, unless we were to drop Fletcher

Oh he'd be playing ahead of Fletcher if we signed him and he was fit. He is quality. But again, the above would happen. Exactly the type of player we should be avoiding like you say.

That said, id have Conor Wickham back tomorrow !