Joao and Rhodes Out But Who Do You Want In?

This may sound stupid to some people. Bruce went on record saying he let Hooper go because we had too many strikers on the books. If we let Joao and Rhodes go is he not worth the same contract as Lee? I think both leaving leaves us short if Fletcher was to get a knock.

3 minutes ago, Woodie said:

This may sound stupid to some people. Bruce went on record saying he let Hooper go because we had too many strikers on the books. If we let Joao and Rhodes go is he not worth the same contract as Lee? I think both leaving leaves us short if Fletcher was to get a knock.

He’s had no pre season and is injury prone at best. We need players who are ready now and be available for selection for 35+ games a season 

For me we still need a centre half, a left back, a centre mid and a striker. The striker could be replaced by a winger depending on where we are planning on playing FF. 

Who would I like? It’s tough.

Hector 

LB?

CM someone mentioned Besic earlier. That would be brilliant.

Winger Marshall on a free or a prem loan. 

Striker Prem loan.

Depends if it's not just to satisfy FFP/P&S purposes and whether how much of it is available to reinvest in the squad?

If we can bring back Hector, that should be the main priority. Midfield and some extra bite, pace or creativity should be the next priorities. I don't mind just utilising the loan market as long as we can get Hector back. Other players I'd like us to sign if possible would be someone like Sam Morsy to back up and compete with Hutch. I also think Marcus Maddison would suit us really well, with his creativity and goals from midfield and out wide. We could get some decent top flight loan players, such as the likes of Eddie Nketiah if possible and maybe the Newcastle pair we had on loan last season, although I'd look for quality top flight prospects ideally.

All in all, for me Hector has to be the main priority, anything else we sign or loan would be a bonus.

Edited by The Night-Owl