Joao and Rhodes Out But Who Do You Want In?

24 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

What young players would you be going for Guru ?

Actual players, I’m not sure, as I suspect a lot of the gems, I will not have heard of, or at least, I won’t know much about them. Experience and leadership at the back, where if we can pull off a permanent deal for Hector, then perfect.  He could also double up as the “beast” in midfield many are crying out for. As for the youngsters, well a player with decent technical ability, and a good engine, for the midfield department. We needed another wide player to challenge the experienced Forestieri, Reach and Harris.  Now, losing Joao, we could do with a quick forward as well.  A compromise could be, a quick wide attacker, not a winger as such, but someone who can play wide, but attack the central areas.  Possibly a left back, but we may feel we have enough there

9 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Would like Kodjia.

But it sounded like we only expected one or two in and not strikers 

Surely with us getting a bit of money in for Joao and possibly Rhodes we can use some of it to bring in 2 or 3 quality players. 

Leeds are apparently in talks with Ryan Kent and Eddie Nketiah. Both would be excellent signings and perfect for how we are looking to set up. It's a shame we don't seem to be able to spend the money that Leeds are. FFP really is rubbish.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Surely with us getting a bit of money in for Joao and possibly Rhodes we can use some of it to bring in 2 or 3 quality players. 

Depends how much of it is free within the accounting but yes I would think we would bring in a couple now. Just depends who we can afford.

However, we’ve been pretty clear that we want players in at cb, cm and out wide. We have too many strikers so we won’t just go and buy another unless they are someone who plays out wide but can also act as a central striker. Conor Chaplin would’ve been a decent buy as would have Lowe or Wilks but we have dragged our heels all summer seemingly. 

7 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Leeds are apparently in talks with Ryan Kent and Eddie Nketiah. Both would be excellent signings and perfect for how we are looking to set up. It's a shame we don't seem to be able to spend the money that Leeds are. FFP really is rubbish.

Arsenal and Liverpool are not going to let top talent like that join a club without a manager anyway.

Also I imagine Leeds will always get top pick of the best young talent. Most Premier League clubs would want there youngsters to learn from someone like Bielsa. It really is a huge selling point for Leeds right now. 

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Actual players, I’m not sure, as I suspect a lot of the gems, I will not have heard of, or at least, I won’t know much about them. Experience and leadership at the back, where if we can pull off a permanent deal for Hector, then perfect.  He could also double up as the “beast” in midfield many are crying out for. As for the youngsters, well a player with decent technical ability, and a good engine, for the midfield department. We needed another wide player to challenge the experienced Forestieri, Reach and Harris.  Now, losing Joao, we could do with a quick forward as well.  A compromise could be, a quick wide attacker, not a winger as such, but someone who can play wide, but attack the central areas.  Possibly a left back, but we may feel we have enough there

Its tricky isnt it..................if Joao and Rhodes do both leave then we need one coming in , do you go with someone like Scott Hogan who is proven in this division or take a chance with a youngster?

The only possible problem with youngsters is that the big clubs sometimes insist on guaranteed playing time.

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Arsenal and Liverpool are not going to let top talent like that join a club without a manager anyway.

Also I imagine Leeds will always get top pick of the best young talent. Most Premier League clubs would want there youngsters to learn from someone like Bielsa. It really is a huge selling point for Leeds right now. 

Kent is not going out on loan, Liverpool are selling him or using him as a squad filler.

That's why i said it was rubbish that we cant afford to spend anything, Kent would be a great investment.

19 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Might get slated for this, but if Bamford ends up surplus to requirements there I wouldn't mind him here, possibly via a swap deal with perhaps Reach or Forestieri.

Just now, Sova said:

Might get slated for this, but if Bamford ends up surplus to requirements there I wouldn't mind him here, possibly via a swap deal with perhaps Reach or Forestieri.

Yes pretty sure you’d get slated

1 minute ago, Adem Poric said:

Kent is not going out on loan, Liverpool are selling him or using him as a squad filler.

That's why i said it was rubbish that we cant afford to spend anything, Kent would be a great investment.

FFP isn’t rubbish though, it’s the rules. In order to bring players like that in Leeds have had to sell arguably their two best players in Roofe and Jansson. 

Hopefully sales of Joao and Rhodes is indication that DC is finally realising how football business works.

1 minute ago, Sova said:

We need pace, Bamford is about as quick as Rhodes.

1 minute ago, Sova said:

Hes literally the only striker they have on the books, they are scrambling this week to get another over the line.