Reading - V - Wednesday OMDT

RESULT  

534 members have voted

1. 1. How will the Owls get on in Reading?

• Win
    • Draw
    • Lose

First game of the season usually springs a surprise or two. 

We've been in decent form during pre season, looked bright against Espanyol and have no injuries (yet). Our first 11 is competitive and they should know by now each other's game inside out. A fit Kieren Lee could be the best signing of the season. 

They've been under an embargo too, dont have a team to particularly worry about, so every right to go there to win against a team we have a good recent record against.

1-3 Wednesday win is my prediction, but certainly not taking anything for granted.  Our main advantage is that we should be a cohesive unit and hit the ground running.

• Like 2

Cracking OMDT milord. Off to a flying start this season. 

0 - 4 to The Mighty Owls

Ryan's going to need some crayons with carabiners attached for the graph thread this season. 

COME ON YOU BLUE AND WHITE WIZARDS 

• Like 2

For me, the new Season is just that, and since joining Owlstalk, it starts with the first OMDT by some fella' calling himself, Lord Snooty.  

Look at last Season, by Christmas we're looking like Tier 3 candidates, by Seasons end, we're looking like a coherent force.  Look at this Season....

The Manager + 3, have jumped ship, during the pre-season, and what followed was the best pre-season SWFC has had in some years.  Pre-season means nothing, that's true, as far as the Standings go, but it does mean something in the way of getting the Squad playing on the same wavelength, and Wednesday looked good.  Even in pre-season, it's better to win, and look a force to be reckoned with, no matter the composition of the Squad.  

Thank you @Lord Snooty, oh, speaking of Divine Intervention, I'd go with the Roman Pantheon, they have more experience in Britannia than do the Greeks.  Wouldn't hurt to appeal to Aesculapius (Medical Doctor God) and his Daughter, Salus (Registered Nurse Goddess)….

2019-20 is on, here in a few hours.  Starts with Reading.  Reading matters because a Club cannot make up for early losses, later on in the Season, or Wednesday would be Tier 1 as we speak.  Got a good feeling.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Interesting to see the team he picks.... 

Westwood

odubajo Lees iorfa palmer

hutch

Reach bannan harris

Joao

Fletch

I think is what he will go for...I’d play FF however...and Lee - not sure how they fit..!!!

You might be right. Going to be a tough call for Bullen. 

For me I think Harris has done enough to earn a start on the left.

Will that be at the expense of Joao? I think it might be be.

The one thing that might be in Joaos favour is that perhaps Harris might be more effective stretching teams with his pace from the bench when the game opens up second half. 

If it was me it'd be this team...

Westwood

Odubajo     Lees(c)   Borner     Palmer

Hutchinson

Lee                 Bannan

Reach            Fletcher            Harris

13 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Interesting to see the team he picks.... 

Westwood

odubajo Lees iorfa palmer

hutch

Reach bannan harris

Joao

Fletch

I think is what he will go for...I’d play FF however...and Lee - not sure how they fit..!!!

Iorfa is suspended, if we play him they get 3:0 by default, that wouldn't be good start of the season. :ph34r:

Edited by belgrade_owl

Well the first OMDT of the season hasn't disappointed this old fella. The recap is a tour de force and handled with all the humour I'd expect. We really are a club that even the best comedy/tragedy writers minds couldn't conjure in their most fanciful flights of fancy. If it can go wrong it will and if it seems made up its true. That's our Wednesday. That's why we love her. That's why we all tip up every week of every season. That's why we know deep down that whatever happens, we've got a shared bond. Whatever our background, whatever our race, colour or creed, whatever our age, sex or location, whatever we are, wish or pretend to be, at the end of the day, or 3pm, we're all Wednesday. F. Uck the pigs, the dingles, toy town and every other tinpot șhitty club that hates us cos of who we are and what we've done. There's one club that everyone is obsessed with and it's The Wednesday. Whatever this season brings, today is the start, well, actually its tomorrow, unless you're reading this tomorrow which is your today but my yesterday and oh ffs where was I? Oh aye, score prediction time..... 

Not doing one in case I jinx it. 

Edited by latemodelchild
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Does anyone know what time we will be having a meltdown? Need to set my mod alarm. 

I'd like to say you'll have a quiet day. Maybe a 16:45 meltdown if the result doesn't go our way.

However; some have found this a tough pre-season , sadly i 100% think someone will have a meltdown when the team news comes out pre - match 

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'd like to say you'll have a quiet day. Maybe a 16:45 meltdown if the result doesn't go our way.

However; some have found this a tough pre-season , sadly i 100% think someone will have a meltdown when the team news comes out pre - match 

Already prepared for fox realated angst. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

So you just look at the pictures then?

When I was a student John Major floated the idea of imposing VAT on books.

UEA was filled with hundreds of posters against the idea.

My housemate just saw the slogan and went apoplectic - "why should people and businesses in Reading not get taxed.  What's so special about them?". 

He felt a bit of a *** when we explained.

s-l300.jpg

• Haha 3

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.