Reading - V - Wednesday OMDT

RESULT  

534 members have voted

1. 1. How will the Owls get on in Reading?

• Win
    • Draw
    • Lose

Fantastic OMDT, I actually LOL'd at it, love the clap gate bit. 

I'm quietly optimistic about this new season, even though Mr Bruce broke my heart. 

I think we have a competitive squad, rowett will be installed as manager next week (I hope so anyway had £40 on him) and I think we will see a couple of surprise signings. 

1-3 win for us today, Fletcher, Harris and Rhodes off the bench second half. 

COME ON WEDNESDAY 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Womble Owl said:

Fantastic OMDT, I actually LOL'd at it, love the clap gate bit. 

I'm quietly optimistic about this new season, even though Mr Bruce broke my heart. 

I think we have a competitive squad, rowett will be installed as manager next week (I hope so anyway had £40 on him) and I think we will see a couple of surprise signings. 

1-3 win for us today, Fletcher, Harris and Rhodes off the bench second half. 

COME ON WEDNESDAY 

I'm pretty ambivalent TBH while we're in a state of flux, but a managerial appointment and a couple of new signings  as you say and I'm sure my optimism will increase. 

Will be a clash of styles today, Reading with their, last season anyway, over elaborate passing style, against our more direct style of play We should beat them, but we need to take the game to them, and not let them get into their passing rhythm  If we let them do that, it looks as if they have added goals to all that passing  However, if you get at them, they look extremely vulnerable at the back. Generally, I think we are a little too basic, but we should be more than capable of holding our own against most sides in this league, if we do not have the craft and guile, to challenge the better sides. Reading are certainly not one of the better sides, but they could surprise us, if we stand off them.

Reckon 1-1.

On paper, I think we are quite a bit stronger, but it is the first day and we are a bit of an unknown right now.

Hopefully, if those players really want the job to go to Bully, they'll perform like it. 

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Can’t see this being a 0v0. 3v1 Wednesday I’m going for. Fletcher with 2 and a goal for K. Lee. 

Hope you're right.

We do have some real quality.

Question is whether we can show it on a consistent basis. 

I hope we go 4 - 3 - 3, be interesting to see who is picked in the front 3, suspect it will be Fletcher, Reach, Harris as it can revert to a 4 - 5 - 1 in defence. My concern with that is a lack of goals. Change that to FF, Fletcher and Joao and you have just added another 20 odd goals a season. 

34 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Can’t see this being a 0v0. 3v1 Wednesday I’m going for. Fletcher with 2 and a goal for K. Lee. 

Pleased to see you made it walthers! Pulled yourself back from the precipice and full of positivity!

UTO

Been on the away days section, and there doesn’t seem to be a where are we drinking thread for Reading. It’s always been pretty rubbish for pre match meet ups, especially now the y discourage football fans at the one near the station Anyone en route know where might be a decent meet up place?

Guest Bulgaria

Hate talk sport, thought i would give it a listen seeing as its the first day of the season...

Last 30 mins talking about Man utd, now its Arsenal.    I even get the impression that the lady presenter is just as bemused.

Back to Radio x