Reading - V - Wednesday OMDT

RESULT  

534 members have voted

1. 1. How will the Owls get on in Reading?

• Win
    • Draw
    • Lose

16 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Why is it pronounced RED ING when it's READING? As in I'm reading a book? Am I reading to much into this about reading? 

Anyway 0-0

Excellent point! 

Named after Reada the local saxon tribe leader.

I expect the Romans are to blame for changing the pronunciations!!

• Thanks 1

Great OMTD, let's hope it's a great start to the season too.

After all the nonsense of the embargo; P&S, Bruce and the managerial betting odds, it's a relief to finally be near the kick off of a brand new campaign.

Despite all that's gone on, pre-season as seemed to go well, with training; the spirit in the camp, performances and results unaffected by the off the field nonsense. Hopefully that's a good sign, it's also strange to go into a new season without a plague of injuries for once.

For 90+ minutes at least, we can ignore all the rest of it and get behind Bullen and the match day squad. A good result and start to the season, is just what we need. It's good to have the real stuff back.

Thanks, Snoots, your eloquent mad ramblings deserve a positive result.

C'mon the Wednesday. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Excellent point! 

Named after Reada the local saxon tribe leader.

I expect the Romans are to blame for changing the pronunciations!!

You art so wise. Thanks 

Bloody Romans... What have they ever done for us? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

RING, RING!

"Hello?"

"Hello?! Is that Dejphon?"

"Yes, who is this?  Can you phone back later, I'm trying to enjoy the show with the family"

"It's only a quicky"

"What?"

"This Toffo that Norwich offered for Rhodes. What flavour was it?"

"Banana"

"The dirty bstards. You did the right.thing. Enjoy the show.

"Cheerio."

What happened Snoots, was it a bad signal, was it MM's underwater phone, did they get cut off?

What happened when they upped the offer to a Toffo and a Cheerio?

Or did DC still think banana was a step too far?

I have to know.

Edited by MAL

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Been on the away days section, and there doesn’t seem to be a where are we drinking thread for Reading. It’s always been pretty rubbish for pre match meet ups, especially now the y discourage football fans at the one near the station Anyone en route know where might be a decent meet up place?

Leicester Square....

:tango:

It's not been the best of pre seasons with the soft embargo and Bruce's departure, but now the season is about to start I'm full of optimism and think we'll sneak a comfortable 0 v 2 away win to start proceedings. Come on Wednesday!

Welcome back, Snoots, to the madhouse that is currently called Association Football. It's certainly Not Associated, and it is rapidly becoming very unlike the Football of my youth.

Within a matter of a few miles, we have two teams in the metropolis of Manchester, who are drowning in mon and one of whom can afford to splash out EIGHTY MILLION pounds on ONE player.A few miles away are one of the oldest established clubs, Bury, who look like going out of business, alongside fellow strugglers, Burnley and Blackpool. This is governed by a body (a so called Association) who can not only agree with this, but can even set themselves ABOVE any Court of Law, and apply retrospectively, a decision that has already been made by a Court.

Frankly, the sooner the Premiership 'associates' itself with Europe, the better BREXIT FOR SOCCER.  

• Like 3