BREAKING NEWS - 6 Game ban for FF

17 hours ago, Royal_D said:

No wonder the lads head has gone, will he have the hunger or right frame of mind to come back after this is dealt with ?   I can see him leaving me , and probably back home 

Not many clubs in Argentina will pay him £30k a week.

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Udo Onwere

Partner

Biography

Udo Onwere is a Partner and leads the Bray & Krais private client and sports offering. 

Udo’s main areas of work include advising on all aspects of tax and estate planning for UK domiciled individuals, wills, probates, Court of Protection matters and powers of attorney.  He was previously a professional footballer for 12 years with several clubs including Fulham Football Club.  Building on his sporting background, Udo advises high profile sports individuals (particularly professional footballers, managers and directors) on all areas of private client matters and general commercial issues.

Udo has experience of advising individual professional sportsmen and / or their agents on contractual negotiations and content.  Udo currently acts as a trustee for the Fulham FC Foundation and the prominent anti-discrimination organisation ‘Kick it Out’. He is also a judicial panel member on regulatory and disciplinary issues for the Football Association.

In addition to the above, Udo advises a number of clients with their own businesses.  The advice often covers the creation of family trusts, lifetime settlements and succession planning.  He is also a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and Solicitors for the Elderly.

In 2019, Udo was appointed as a director of the British Association of Sport and Law. BASL is an association which represents sports law practitioners, sports administrators and sports law.

You couldn’t make it up if you tried ... 

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Not sure if it has been mentioned but one of the 3 man panel is actually a Trustee of the Kick it Out campaign

Even better then if FF’s legal people believe there is any merit in claiming that the FA have discriminated against him. After all we already know the evidential threshold is so low as to be almost non existent. 

Such a claim would really put Kick it out and the FA under scrutiny and rightly so. 

The FA are going to find themselves very busy indeed this season.

Afterall they have now set themselves a precedent. 

They will be calling 10's of players in on a weekly basis for this breach. 

image.png.8bb24b600e6f0236495ba16ad7d1572e.png

Or at least they should, seeing that they are so keen to uphold these rules.

I wonder if they will...

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, oldowl67 said:

Even better then if FF’s legal people believe there is any merit in claiming that the FA have discriminated against him. After all we already know the evidential threshold is so low as to be almost non existent. 

Such a claim would really put Kick it out and the FA under scrutiny and rightly so. 

FF counsel first time around was Chair of the FA Anti Discriminatory Panel ... talk about not biting the hand ,,, 

41. Mr Harris supplemented the Player’s Witten Submissions in his closing arguments. He submitted: “You have two equally credible individuals giving directly contradictory accounts. With, in my submission, little reason or no reason to pick one over the other. So, at best, for the FA, I submit, the scales are equal. At worst, for the FA, and I perhaps boldly, but nonetheless submit that in fact it is more probable than not that Mr Forestieri is giving the correct account here.”

That closing argument is so meek and mild. 

I suggest FF plays all his future games carrying a "wire" so as to record all opposition players that will no doubt be goading / provoking him throughout. 

To be utilsed as a preventative measure and used as supporting objective evidence, if required in future... 

"Not one of those words, when spoken by the Player in Spanish, Page 18 of 26 sounded, when spoken in Spanish remotely like the English word n****r. Nor, are we satisfied, would they if shouted or spoken in a heated way."

Now if I was making up a story about how I hadn't said a bad word, but in fact I'd said something else in Spanish, I'd pick a phase that sounded a bit like the bad word.

I mean he only had the entire Spanish language to pick from.

Perhaps he didn't do that because he's actually telling the truth. Just a thought.

The FA have just kicked the door wide open for vexatious claims with this ruling. Totally irresponsible and counter productive in my view.

I’m not sure the line of Defence offered by FF legal team but I’m amazed they haven’t made great play over Pearce saying he told the referee but was not sure the referee heard him ... the alleged event did after all happen in a football ground with lots of background masking and distracting noise ... and yet the panel have no doubt whatsoever that Pearce head the n word despite having his back to FF and surrounding witnesses (from both teams) could not corroborate the allegation.

1 hour ago, emersonthome said:

"Not one of those words, when spoken by the Player in Spanish, Page 18 of 26 sounded, when spoken in Spanish remotely like the English word n****r. Nor, are we satisfied, would they if shouted or spoken in a heated way."

Now if I was making up a story about how I hadn't said a bad word, but in fact I'd said something else in Spanish, I'd pick a phase that sounded a bit like the bad word.

I mean he only had the entire Spanish language to pick from.

Perhaps he didn't do that because he's actually telling the truth. Just a thought.

The FA have just kicked the door wide open for vexatious claims with this ruling. Totally irresponsible and counter productive in my view.

I would actually argue that de verga (in "hijo de mil puta, la concha de tu madre, cara de verga, forro") has a very similar sounding ending to the n word. And that when said in a noisy football match by someone speaking spanish to a non spanish speaker with his back turned to him could be mistaken for the n word.

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I wonder if they will...

Still call someone A fat, bald and boz-eyed, shîtty-breath'd, lard-headed cnùt tho...

• Haha 1

The more I think about this the murkier it seems and the likelihood increases that FF has been the victim of an FA stitch-up.

In the Firmino/Holgate case 47 days elapsed between the match and publication the FA’s decision not to charge Firmino. Back in 2012 only 14 days elapsed between John Terry’s acquittal of criminal charges to publication of the FA’s decision to charge him. By contrast 70 days elapsed between FF’s acquittal of the criminal charges on 28 March 2019 and news breaking of the FA’s decision to charge him on 6 June 2019.

I can can only imagine the panic at the FA when FF was acquitted as I’m sure their own case against him was already good to go on the assumption of a guilty verdict in the criminal trial. In the ensuing weeks there must have been frenzied consultations with legal experts about the strength of their case. Why else it would it take them 70 days to charge him when it only took 14 days to charge Terry?

FF’s hearing is then held on 15 July and the judgment/punishment made public on 31 July 2019, conveniently for the FA just a matter of days before the start of the new season.

Irrespective of whether he did or didn't do this and the final guilty decision. How can the FA hand out the newly installed 6 game ban? Surely any punishment should be restricted to that available at the time of the offence which was 5 games. Not a massive difference but appears further evidence that they're doing their utmost to fornicate FF and us over.

4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I wonder if they will...

In the previous paragraphs, Section 8, the inclusion of the words "...insulting words or behaviour" basically includes everything else not listed.

"Insulting words" are subjective and can only be categorised as "insulting" by the target of a statement. You will get some folks who will be insulted at practically anything.

Don't get me wrong, like everyone else on here, I totally and unresevedly abhor discrimination based on race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, etc. But "insulting words"?

Yep, let's see the FA uphold this one.

• Thanks 1