BREAKING NEWS - 6 Game ban for FF

Guest mkowl
33 minutes ago, torres said:

If someone called me something derogatory

yes I’d get annoyed, 

yes I’d confront them 

no I wouldn’t snitch to teacher 

I think to be fair alleged racism would cross a boundary. 

Guest mkowl
34 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Reading the FA report I do believe the Mansfield player believes FF used a racist term against him.

But without any other evidence think you have to give the benefit of the doubt to FF.

Where you are talking about this level of accusation you need at least some corroborating evidence.

Thinking you heard something and whether you 100% heard something are 2 different things.

If someone called me a liar that would provoke a reaction, but was it actually someone saying hiya. 

And yet I’m supposed to swallow that Wayne Hennessy doesn’t know what a Nazi salute looks like.

The games governance in this country isn’t fit for purpose at any level. I hope when the bubble bursts in this country it takes these c*nts with it.

I honestly can’t get worked up about it.

He rarely plays. He’s hard as hell to fit into a team effectively. If he’s not injured he’s suspended. If he’s not suspended he’s banned. If he’s not in his favorite position he’s sulking.

Harris can try to establish his place ahead of Fernando. Fernando can then work his nads off to try to win it back. That’ll do for me.

9 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

He rarely plays. He’s hard as hell to fit into a team effectively. If he’s not injured he’s suspended. If he’s not suspended he’s banned. If he’s not in his favorite position he’s sulking.

Harris can try to establish his place ahead of Fernando. Fernando can then work his nads off to try to win it back. That’ll do for me.

This is not really about your undisguised dislike of FF though is it ! Why no try to be objective?

27 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

You're coming at this from an odd angle.

The six games of football he'll miss for us are nothing next to the stain on his name which this charge has brought about.

So that’s a total of a 9 match ban and a £50k fine for the same incident. An incident where the law of the country decided that no offence had been committed. That is not justice and the FA should hang their heads in shame. 

I have met FF several times and he is not that type of guy. About time our club backed him fully in his appeal. 

10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Read my final para.

Its objective.

And there I was thinking the whole point of this thread was to discuss the FA finding FF guilty of using  racist language. 

You chose to use thinly veiled criticism of the player in your post. FF’s effectiveness, availability, and injury record Is hardly the issue that most are concerned with tonight.

In a normal world I'd expect to be surprised by what has happened after the events of that day. 

However  this is England and this is our FA. 

I saw that game and Mansfield were at it from the first minute. Encouraged and wound up ,it has to be said by their goon of a manager. 

The scuffle at the end had been coming all afternoon and it's only my opinion, but it was something which they were desperate to happen. There's a certain mentality in some teams. Usually hungover pub kickers desperate to enjoy a scrap to complete their weekend.  These were no different. Desperate to stick it to Wednesdays poncy rich boys.

69613359_2018-12-2817_26_00.thumb.png.37c8f97d00286442bfacd02ff3d73dde.png

The treatment of Fernando that day was obviously and clearly targeted and predetermined. 

Did he say something he shouldn't have? Possibly he did. Possibly.

How the FA have proved this and on what evidence I don't know.

A group of Stags players saying he did. A group of Owls players saying he didn't? 

What I do know is that you can get less for breaking someone's leg and ruining someone's career. 

I know their players (the footage is still there) could have been done for any number of offences that day but weren't .

If there is one lesson from all of this it's - don't do favours by filling the grounds and coffers of local scrubber teams with a chip on their shoulders.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BeverleyOwl74 said:

31/7/19

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Fernando Forestieri, Sheffield Wednesday FC

I write with regards to the above player who plays for my team, Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship.

In July TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHTEEN, a game between Mansfield Town and SwFc ended in a mass brawl.

Fernando was fined £25,000 and given a three match ban for misconduct as was Jacob Mellis of Mansfield Town.

In March of this year, Fernando was ACQUITTED by Mansfield Magistrates Court of racial abuse.  This is in 
a court of law run by the Government.

Subsequently this was followed by a charge brought by the Football Association of using racist language which you
have A YEAR LATER found Fernando guilty of.

There are a number of flaws to your thought process.

1)  Fernando was ACQUITTED (Found NOT guilty) by A COURT OF LAW
2)  Suddenly 3 months later you felt it appropriate to charge him again having ALREADY served a three match ban.

Can I just ask, have you suddenly become the law of the land?  You are a governing body for FOOTBALL in this country! 

Yet suddenly you have become HIGHER THAN A COURT OF LAW?  Where is your evidence?  The original criminal charge was dismissed
due to lack of evidence.  There is no evidence that Mr Forestieri had said anything race related, although in court it was said
he "could" have said something.  NO EVIDENCE.  This means you cannot prosecute.  Which in turn brings me to your actions today.

They are completely unjustified, you are making yourself highly unpopular and if enough people are of the same opinion what stops
our fans or even the club taking action towards yourself for victimisation.  A number of things can be said on a football pitch
in the heat of the moment.  Paolo Di Canio assaulted a referee and only marginally got a higher punishment.  I do not condone 
racism in any way, to explain the thought process behind my comments, I am disabled.  If someone calls me a name, I get the heck over it
and carry on with my day.  People say things in the heat of the moment.  As far as I'm aware following the court case, everybody had
got over the situation and carried on.  Yet you choose to PERSECUTE Mr Forestieri.  Having met him on one occasion in passing, 

I can only say he comes across as a very genuine man who is passionate about his football.  What footballer likes to lose?

You did not prove that Mr Forestieri said anything to the complainant, yet Mr Mellis commits an assault by kicking an opponent which
is punished with a three match ban and then forgotten about?

The whole things stinks of a witch-hunt.  I would advise you rethink your strategy as the image of the Football Association is being and will
be called in to question if you continue on current course.  With the additional problems at the football club which are unrelated, and the CONVENIENT
move from a 5 match ban for the purported offence to a 6 match ban on the VERY DAY you make the ruling, you are making yourselves out to be
bullies of the highest order and although there is no allegation of racism, one could argue that Mr Forestieri is not English and YOUR very
behaviour goes against that which you are trying to fight against.

The original incident happened over a year ago.  Its gone through the courts and yet still you pursue Mr Forestieri.

Its a witch hunt and you KNOW IT.

Yours faithfully

Jonathan Adam

Did they reply?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

And yet I’m supposed to swallow that Wayne Hennessy doesn’t know what a Nazi salute looks like.

The games governance in this country isn’t fit for purpose at any level. I hope when the bubble bursts in this country it takes these c*nts with it.

The Hennessy story was astonishing. Sadly, I do not think KP would have invented it,  although a good lawyer might have done more to question how he could be sure he heard it when backs were turned at the time.

3 hours ago, BeverleyOwl74 said:

31/7/19

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Fernando Forestieri, Sheffield Wednesday FC

I write with regards to the above player who plays for my team, Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship.

In July TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHTEEN, a game between Mansfield Town and SwFc ended in a mass brawl.

Fernando was fined £25,000 and given a three match ban for misconduct as was Jacob Mellis of Mansfield Town.

In March of this year, Fernando was ACQUITTED by Mansfield Magistrates Court of racial abuse.  This is in 
a court of law run by the Government.

Subsequently this was followed by a charge brought by the Football Association of using racist language which you
have A YEAR LATER found Fernando guilty of.

There are a number of flaws to your thought process.

1)  Fernando was ACQUITTED (Found NOT guilty) by A COURT OF LAW
2)  Suddenly 3 months later you felt it appropriate to charge him again having ALREADY served a three match ban.

Can I just ask, have you suddenly become the law of the land?  You are a governing body for FOOTBALL in this country! 

Yet suddenly you have become HIGHER THAN A COURT OF LAW?  Where is your evidence?  The original criminal charge was dismissed
due to lack of evidence.  There is no evidence that Mr Forestieri had said anything race related, although in court it was said
he "could" have said something.  NO EVIDENCE.  This means you cannot prosecute.  Which in turn brings me to your actions today.

They are completely unjustified, you are making yourself highly unpopular and if enough people are of the same opinion what stops
our fans or even the club taking action towards yourself for victimisation.  A number of things can be said on a football pitch
in the heat of the moment.  Paolo Di Canio assaulted a referee and only marginally got a higher punishment.  I do not condone 
racism in any way, to explain the thought process behind my comments, I am disabled.  If someone calls me a name, I get the heck over it
and carry on with my day.  People say things in the heat of the moment.  As far as I'm aware following the court case, everybody had
got over the situation and carried on.  Yet you choose to PERSECUTE Mr Forestieri.  Having met him on one occasion in passing, 

I can only say he comes across as a very genuine man who is passionate about his football.  What footballer likes to lose?

You did not prove that Mr Forestieri said anything to the complainant, yet Mr Mellis commits an assault by kicking an opponent which
is punished with a three match ban and then forgotten about?

The whole things stinks of a witch-hunt.  I would advise you rethink your strategy as the image of the Football Association is being and will
be called in to question if you continue on current course.  With the additional problems at the football club which are unrelated, and the CONVENIENT
move from a 5 match ban for the purported offence to a 6 match ban on the VERY DAY you make the ruling, you are making yourselves out to be
bullies of the highest order and although there is no allegation of racism, one could argue that Mr Forestieri is not English and YOUR very
behaviour goes against that which you are trying to fight against.

The original incident happened over a year ago.  Its gone through the courts and yet still you pursue Mr Forestieri.

Its a witch hunt and you KNOW IT.

Yours faithfully

Jonathan Adam

Just a minor point; Paolo did not exactly "assault" that referee. When it appeared that only Paolo was going to be sent off, in disgusted fashion he "pushed" the referee away. It was comical how the ref staggered backwards and ultimately fell. Paolo was slightly mad and highly strung but not totally crazy.

7 minutes ago, victorturner said:

The Hennessy story was astonishing. Sadly, I do not think KP would have invented it,  although a good lawyer might have done more to question how he could be sure he heard it when backs were turned at the time.

FF was represented by Craig Harris.  There is a Craig Harris of Furnival Chambers.  He sits as the Chair of the FA’s National Anti Discrimination Disciplinary Panel.  

I am offering no further comment.