BREAKING NEWS - 6 Game ban for FF

Guest mkowl
8 minutes ago, steelowl said:

cough

Forged signature on the transfer document mate. You will have to find yourself a decent handwriting expert to defend youlol

13 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

It's a court of law

I realise that. But the fact is the none of us can claim to have seen as much of the evidence as said judge but he is automatically fully exonerated by most on here.

If the person who sat through the trial and heard everything says he believed he probably did it then the 'balance of probability' that apparently the FA go by is almost certainly greater than 50:50.

But how far that balance goes is anyone's guess. Certainly not beyond a legal reasonable doubt as we've seen already. But it appears that the FA feel the balance is strong enough.

1 minute ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

I realise that. But the fact is the none of us can claim to have seen as much of the evidence as said judge but he is automatically fully exonerated by most on here.

If the person who sat through the trial and heard everything says he believed he probably did it then the 'balance of probability' that apparently the FA go by is almost certainly greater than 50:50.

But how far that balance goes is anyone's guess. Certainly not beyond a legal reasonable doubt as we've seen already. But it appears that the FA feel the balance is strong enough.

I'm just struggling to get my head round the fact that someone's reputation and possibly their career could hinge on an opinion and balance of probabilities

Really feel for Nando on this

13 minutes ago, emersonthome said:

So in summary:

KP - "FF called me a n****er"

FA - "Can you prove it?"

KP - "No"

FA - "Any video, audio, witnesses?"

KP - "No"

FA - "In what context was it said?"

KP - "Dunno, he was talking in Spanish"

FA - "Guilty!"

In layman's terms, good summary.

20 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Hear what you're saying but in this supposed democratic country of ours, aren't you innocent until PROVEN guilty.

Edited by Ray Von shabba
  • Like 1

Guest mkowl
16 minutes ago, steelowl said:

you say that we may have our day..........one day 

baggsy the one of us to sack Paxo 

That is permitted we might just be able to afford the bus fare with the resources we would have

The £400 per game ticket prices wouldn't go down well methinks

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Hear what you're saying but in this supposed democratic country of ours, aren't you innocent until PROVEN guilty.

In a court of law but this one is run by kangaroos

For such a serious offence in terms of reputation then you can't just make this presumption based on no 3rd party evidence.

2 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I’ve said it all along ... I would like to get hold of the stenograph from the Mansfield Crown Court case ... there’s so many contradictory snippets reported in the press. 

Think you can.

Not sure where to go but shouldn't be hard to track down and will be on public record.

1 minute ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Not at the disciplinary hearing it would seem ... 

completely unfair  imagine being  in a foreign country up infront of a set of stuffy blazers and trying to argue your case 

42 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

I'm just struggling to get my head round the fact that someone's reputation and possibly their career could hinge on an opinion and balance of probabilities

Really feel for Nando on this

To be honest, I can see where you are coming from with that angle.

The FAs rules are the FAs rules and within them I can't see any room for complaint.

But if you think those rules are an ass in the first place, I can see your point.

31/7/19

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Fernando Forestieri, Sheffield Wednesday FC

I write with regards to the above player who plays for my team, Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship.

In July TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHTEEN, a game between Mansfield Town and SwFc ended in a mass brawl.

Fernando was fined £25,000 and given a three match ban for misconduct as was Jacob Mellis of Mansfield Town.

In March of this year, Fernando was ACQUITTED by Mansfield Magistrates Court of racial abuse.  This is in 
a court of law run by the Government.

Subsequently this was followed by a charge brought by the Football Association of using racist language which you
have A YEAR LATER found Fernando guilty of.

There are a number of flaws to your thought process.

1)  Fernando was ACQUITTED (Found NOT guilty) by A COURT OF LAW
2)  Suddenly 3 months later you felt it appropriate to charge him again having ALREADY served a three match ban.

Can I just ask, have you suddenly become the law of the land?  You are a governing body for FOOTBALL in this country! 

Yet suddenly you have become HIGHER THAN A COURT OF LAW?  Where is your evidence?  The original criminal charge was dismissed
due to lack of evidence.  There is no evidence that Mr Forestieri had said anything race related, although in court it was said
he "could" have said something.  NO EVIDENCE.  This means you cannot prosecute.  Which in turn brings me to your actions today.

They are completely unjustified, you are making yourself highly unpopular and if enough people are of the same opinion what stops
our fans or even the club taking action towards yourself for victimisation.  A number of things can be said on a football pitch
in the heat of the moment.  Paolo Di Canio assaulted a referee and only marginally got a higher punishment.  I do not condone 
racism in any way, to explain the thought process behind my comments, I am disabled.  If someone calls me a name, I get the heck over it
and carry on with my day.  People say things in the heat of the moment.  As far as I'm aware following the court case, everybody had
got over the situation and carried on.  Yet you choose to PERSECUTE Mr Forestieri.  Having met him on one occasion in passing, 

I can only say he comes across as a very genuine man who is passionate about his football.  What footballer likes to lose?

You did not prove that Mr Forestieri said anything to the complainant, yet Mr Mellis commits an assault by kicking an opponent which
is punished with a three match ban and then forgotten about?

The whole things stinks of a witch-hunt.  I would advise you rethink your strategy as the image of the Football Association is being and will
be called in to question if you continue on current course.  With the additional problems at the football club which are unrelated, and the CONVENIENT
move from a 5 match ban for the purported offence to a 6 match ban on the VERY DAY you make the ruling, you are making yourselves out to be
bullies of the highest order and although there is no allegation of racism, one could argue that Mr Forestieri is not English and YOUR very
behaviour goes against that which you are trying to fight against.

The original incident happened over a year ago.  Its gone through the courts and yet still you pursue Mr Forestieri.

Its a witch hunt and you KNOW IT.

Yours faithfully

Jonathan Adam

• Like 1

Surely, a judge is completely out of order in expressing an OPINION..  A person in England was always assumed to be innocent until he was proved guilty in the opinion of 12 of his peers. This appears to be a complete miscarriage of justice, whether FF said anything or not. I would have thought he has a case. against the FA at the Court of Human Rights, let alone any other court.

As it is, this will make a complete farce of the FA's Respect campaign. If a player shakes hands with another he could, in theory, be guilty of assault , or racism . Maybe we should refuse to shake hands in the false 'line-up before games.

But then we, as a club, would be guilty of Disrespect, by an Association that I disrespect anyway.

For a man proved innocent in a court of law, the punishment, even undeserved, is certainly OTT.

He has already served a 3-match ban.

He will now have to serve not only a further 6 match ban, held over until it could be extended from 5, but will be hit by  a £25,000 fine, and, to rub it in, forced to attend 'face to face' behaviour classes.

I have to admit that, since the refusal to board the bus, he has not been my favourite player, this punishment is nothing less than outrageous, and, had it happened to either an Englishman, or more importantly to a coloured footballer, would cause outrage.