BREAKING NEWS - 6 Game ban for FF

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

Like others have said IF the Mansfield player perceived he had heard the word i can understand the reaction

But to assign guilt on what could be a reaction based on mis hearing something without any 3rd party evidence to support the assertion is an outstanding judgement call by the commission

Does not sound like the basis for a guilty verdict , perceived not exactly concrete evidence. Jos percieved that he was a decent football manager, however the facts prove otherwise.

27 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

FF was represented by Craig Harris.  There is a Craig Harris of Furnival Chambers.  He sits as the Chair of the FA’s National Anti Discrimination Disciplinary Panel.  

I am offering no further comment.  

FF is going to appeal. Hope he is able to get another lawyer to handle it for him to have a different look at it.

If he insists he did not say "it", his lawyer's presentation of the degree of doubt is crucial as his reputation is really on the line here. Were the Mansfield players asked for corroboration and how much of it was there? 

Seem to recall Suarez did admit using a dubious Spanish word in his case.

34 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Considering the apparent amount of ill feeling during the game anything is possible. 

Certainly possible. Allegation is that KP suddenly went berserk and why. If FF says he did not say "it", he has to appeal it. Otherwise not prolong it. 

16 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Political corectness.

Given the prior legal judgement, the suspicion is that the FA have taken this decision out of fear for what the reaction would have been if they hadn't.

Pretty grubby that they have done this so readily at the cost of Forestieri's reputation.

5 hours ago, Derbyshirelad said:

Occasionally proper quality players have a knack of screwing their careers up.

FF is doing this. Saiz is a player of similar quality who did the same at Leeds.

How have you come to the conclusion that Forestieri is 'screwing up' his career?

Considering that he was found not guilty in a court of law, it seems bizarre that the FA have decided to ban him for a further six games, and far more importantly, effectively accuse him of racism, on the basis of the same evidence.

To have to bear that stain on his character is a very serious matter; to have to bear it without any evidence that it's deserved is utterly appalling.

Unless you know something the rest of us don't?

Not read the whole thing as thats a lot of pages to get through before breakfast however I have two points to make.

1. I wonder whether the appeal will take 12 months to be heard... I very much doubt it so why has this taken so long? Fair enough the court case had to be out of the way but that was concluded five months ago. The FA process amounts to a bunch of doddery old men sitting down and saying 'do we think it happened chaps?' That shouldn't take five months when, as Forestieri points out in his statement, someones reputation, personality and very essence in terms of how he lives his life is brought into question. The FA think that a bloke who turns up to random birthday parties, goes to play FIFA with supporters, visits schools, etc has acted in a racially aggrevated way... maybe I'm blinkered (and maybe none of his good deeds are an antidote to allegations of racism) but it seems to me on balance of probability he isn't racist and didn't use racist language, it seems to me he's actually quite a nice chap.

2. Using the FAs own yardstick of 'on balance of probability' lets look at a potential allegation from Forestieri that the footballing authorities are prejudiced (dare i even say racist) against him... sendings off not once but twice when clearly fouled, bookings for being poleaxed, allegations against him upheld despite no real evidence... I'd say on balance of probability (and with a lot more evidence than can be presented against him in the Mansfield incident) that he has a case and he's unlikely to be mistaken in his belief he's persecuted unfairly by the FA - both their men in black and their men in suits. So when do the FA look into (and uphold) this allegation?

On your second point it had crossed my mind that FF could argue that throughout his time in England he has been discriminated against by the football authorities ( and fans) because of his Argentinian/Italian ethnicity. 

Earlier in  the thread I mentioned a recent report published by Kick it Out, English footballs equality and inclusion organisation. Their task is to challenge all kinds of discrimination in the game, not just racial discrimination, so perhaps FF should be getting his legal people to make contact with Kick it out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

I mean I sat at home and watched Firmino over and over on tv replays say the word, and he got let off!

It’s interesting as when the FA charge was announced I was negged 10 times for saying how Firmino was let off and I bet Forestieri wouldn’t be.  I’m not gloating about it, just feel proved right that the FA are idiots as they seem to feel Liverpool games are more important than ours 

I find this incredible. It’s just a kangaroo court. 

I thought the John Terry accusation and subsequent ban was very dubious and trial by media but, in that case, there was footage off him mouthing something that could have been racist. In Forestieri’s case, there’s absolutely no evidence other than hearsay. 

From my perspective, Forestieri definitely does not appear to be a racist. His best friends at the club are Nuhiu (a Kosovo Albanian - quite possible of Muslim heritage) and Joao (a black man). We have also seen Forestieri carry out goods deeds for people of all creeds and colour. 

i would fight this all the way if I was Forestier. Even if I he loses his appeal, I would still fight to clear his name. 

Edited by shandypants

Guest mkowl
1 hour ago, oldowl67 said:

On your second point it had crossed my mind that FF could argue that throughout his time in England he has been discriminated against by the football authorities ( and fans) because of his Argentinian/Italian ethnicity. 

Earlier in  the thread I mentioned a recent report published by Kick it Out, English footballs equality and inclusion organisation. Their task is to challenge all kinds of discrimination in the game, not just racial discrimination, so perhaps FF should be getting his legal people to make contact with Kick it out.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but one of the 3 man panel is actually a Trustee of the Kick it Out campaign

Guest mkowl
33 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

Wednesday's statement regarding the FA'S action seems rather sparse,  I hope we aren't going to send FF to the cleaners in the same way that we did Di Canio.

the Club statement is exactly what it should be whilst this is at the appeal stage 

Lets not beat the Club up 

Guest mkowl

Udo Onwere

Partner

Biography

Udo Onwere is a Partner and leads the Bray & Krais private client and sports offering. 

Udo’s main areas of work include advising on all aspects of tax and estate planning for UK domiciled individuals, wills, probates, Court of Protection matters and powers of attorney.  He was previously a professional footballer for 12 years with several clubs including Fulham Football Club.  Building on his sporting background, Udo advises high profile sports individuals (particularly professional footballers, managers and directors) on all areas of private client matters and general commercial issues.

Udo has experience of advising individual professional sportsmen and / or their agents on contractual negotiations and content.  Udo currently acts as a trustee for the Fulham FC Foundation and the prominent anti-discrimination organisation ‘Kick it Out’. He is also a judicial panel member on regulatory and disciplinary issues for the Football Association.

In addition to the above, Udo advises a number of clients with their own businesses.  The advice often covers the creation of family trusts, lifetime settlements and succession planning.  He is also a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and Solicitors for the Elderly.

In 2019, Udo was appointed as a director of the British Association of Sport and Law. BASL is an association which represents sports law practitioners, sports administrators and sports law.

39 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Udo Onwere

Partner

Biography

Udo Onwere is a Partner and leads the Bray & Krais private client and sports offering. 

Udo’s main areas of work include advising on all aspects of tax and estate planning for UK domiciled individuals, wills, probates, Court of Protection matters and powers of attorney.  He was previously a professional footballer for 12 years with several clubs including Fulham Football Club.  Building on his sporting background, Udo advises high profile sports individuals (particularly professional footballers, managers and directors) on all areas of private client matters and general commercial issues.

Udo has experience of advising individual professional sportsmen and / or their agents on contractual negotiations and content.  Udo currently acts as a trustee for the Fulham FC Foundation and the prominent anti-discrimination organisation ‘Kick it Out’. He is also a judicial panel member on regulatory and disciplinary issues for the Football Association.

In addition to the above, Udo advises a number of clients with their own businesses.  The advice often covers the creation of family trusts, lifetime settlements and succession planning.  He is also a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and Solicitors for the Elderly.

In 2019, Udo was appointed as a director of the British Association of Sport and Law. BASL is an association which represents sports law practitioners, sports administrators and sports law.

Aye, a very independent 

image.png.ed3a76ef80522cf2dcd38200f1ffb305.png

Sam Hutchinson said that after the game (though he did not specify when) KP sent him WhatsApp messages stating that he had “heard that he had done this before”.

Krystian Pearce accepted doing so but could not recall when.  

He said he’d heard the rumours after he had given his statement to police.

Sam Hutchinson said he had never heard the Player use racist language.

Naturally, the Commission ignored any such alleged rumours.