Hughton turns down job

No Portugeezers ta. Or any other totally unknowns.

It’s not bloody rocket science to work out what is required Mr C. If Bruce hadn’t been such a pillock in choosing to leave to go to a club where he’ll be lucky to last 6 months, then we’d have been promoted this season. Might still achieve it if we don’t go gambling with exotic names with unproven records or knowledge of the Championship.

Well I did say the other day I didnt want Hughton. Took too long to accept which suggested his heart wasn't in it and therefore not the right appointment.

Good manager, decent CV, but if he doesn't want the job, no great loss. 

1 minute ago, Thurgoland Owl said:

Still evens on sky bet,bookies aren’t usually wrong!

dont know if you understand the betting world    He is fav because people have backed him  fluctuations are due to percentage of liability (amount bookies paying out) increasing or decreasing 

This will not be a strong market so little cash bets can swing it back and forth 

skybet via the useless star paper  has been proactively suggesting several options in a blatant attempt to spread that liability and encourage  bets on no hopers  

Doesn't the article quote "a Wednesday insider" saying we've offered Hughton the job. But there's no reference to any source saying he's rejected it?

Maybe he's still thinking it over.

And another thing: doesn't Chansiri have to be in the country before a decision (on who to offer the job to) can be made?

Still the same. Nobody knows owt.

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

No Portugeezers ta. Or any other totally unknowns.

It’s not bloody rocket science to work out what is required Mr C. If Bruce hadn’t been such a pillock in choosing to leave to go to a club where he’ll be lucky to last 6 months, then we’d have been promoted this season. Might still achieve it if we don’t go gambling with exotic names with unproven records or knowledge of the Championship.

I dont think being from Portugal automatically makes then a bad choice. We would all settle for how well Carlos did in his first season if you offered to us now.
But it would be a big gamble and think I would choose Bullen ahead of someone who doesnt know the Championship at all.

5 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

Poor from the Star. Do they ever tell us something we can't find elsewhere.

Nothing concrete in either article.

1 minute ago, Tamworthowl said:

Doesn't the article quote "a Wednesday insider" saying we've offered Hughton the job. But there's no reference to any source saying he's rejected it?

Maybe he's still thinking it over.

And another thing: doesn't Chansiri have to be in the country before a decision (on who to offer the job to) can be made?

Still the same. Nobody knows owt.

Let it go mate....

He was never coming to wednesday....

2 minutes ago, abdiwonderland said:

Lets give the job to Rowett and get on with the season. Hes ready, hes able and most importantly he wants it. 

If we’re looking for mid table mediocrity, there aren’t many better candidates 

Edit - actually, there were plenty of candidates on that list

Edited by gurujuan

Just now, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Let it go mate....

He was never coming to wednesday....

I've been pro-Rowett for a few days. I've already let go.

But I read what's written and try not to jump to conclusions. Other than the headline, there's nothing in the article pointing towards a rejection.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

A genuine honest question. Why is it essential to have a manager with championship experience? Football is football and providing a manager has experience at a similar level abroad it should make no difference. In fact it might be better  . Different contacts in different countries . There are several instances of managers being successful in the championship with no prior experience . 2 of the 3 promoted managers didn't have championship experience until a couple of years ago . 

There is no quick fix and just because a manager has gained promotion previously.

It's all a bit of a pot luck. Some managers will get more out of a certain player than others  . We've seen it here. Pukki at Norwich is a good example.

Will the next manager approached feel badly after being second choice? Who knows. I Will be glad when it's all sorted.

Mr C will get it right. Nothing is rushed by him.

I totally agree Dave.

With the last bit.

It's not as though any manager with any ability from Portugal or Tibet won't have any working knowledge of the championship or even our players, they don't suddenly have to learn everything the day they start

Part of the recruitment process is for them to explain their tactics, how they would use the squad and where we are short of players. Even shefki kuqi has been round the world looking at coaching methods

We also have bullen, weaver, and a recruitment team in place, so hopefully A GOOD coach will be fine