Hughton turns down job

Beat me to it.

EXCLUSIVE By Pete O’Rourke

Chris Hughton has turned down the vacant manager’s job at Sheffield Wednesday, Football Insiderunderstands.

Former Brighton and Birmingham boss Hughton has been among the front-runners to replace Steve Bruce at Hillsborough, but he has ruled himself out of the running for the post.

A Wednesday source has told Football Insider that the Championship club have offered the 60-year-old the chance to take over the job going into the new campaign this weekend.

Hughton is out of work after his sacking by Brighton at the end of last season following four-and-a-half years in charge.He has a very impressive managerial CV that includes successful promotion campaigns with Brighton and Newcastle United, and he has extensive experience in both the Premier League and Championship.

Wednesday are searching for a new manager following the departure of Bruce to Newcastle earlier this month.

Lee Bullen has been placed in caretaker charge of Wednesday and will lead the team for their opening Championship game of the season against Reading.

Edited by paddyowl

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Is football insider a proper football insider? 

Or is he someone on the internet pretending to be a football insider?

giphy.gif

It’s genuine. Some bloke who use to work for sky.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, owlZfan84 said:

Well it fits in with what Nixon was saying - 2 Portuguese fellas on the shortlist.

Great.

I'd rather Rowett or Bullen. 

I stand to be corrected, but you cant import a foreign manager at this stage of the season into the championship with no experience of the league. It's just pure madness and a complete waste of money.