First 6 games

Love these threads, no one knows what an easy game is this early in the season, Reading might be play off contenders, while West Brom might struggle. This season is a fresh start and last season becomes irrelevant, especially in a league like this. Take it 1 game at a time, make sure we don't lose on Saturday and that's a good start away from home. 

Don't we do this most years?!  Confidently predict a strong start due to "easy" fixtures, and then usually sit in the bottom 6 with about 6 points so spend the rest of the season playing catch up.

That said, I think last year under Jos was actually one of our strongest starts for years winning 4 of the first 6, and even then we were awful in the first 2 games.

The fixtures in opening period of season are relatively easy on paper think its essential we start well to gain some confidence for harder session of games which follows. One reason I thought we required manager in post before start of season was the potential easy start and we can ill afford several poor resulys.

Not really looking to the opposition - more looking at our current situation 

The group of players we have is a really strong squad - if we had Hector in, we'd be even more positive about Saturday. Hoping recent events will have given this side a bit of a push. 

I just hope we have a plan and the players turn it on - when we do, we look sh*t hot. Sick of us having slow starts to matches and seasons - lets get off to a flyer at Reading. 

On 30/07/2019 at 19:35, Theboylangers said:

I think we will win 2, draw 2 and lose 2.

So 8 points.

If we can turn those draws into wins, we will be in good shape in this league. 

This pretty much. Its the Championship. Some of these teams will be right up for it whereas we are usually bumbling along trying to get ourselves sorted.