Jones abdi?

1 hour ago, evaD said:

Surprised Hooper hasn't been snapped up yet, but I guess he's likely trying to hold out for a longer-term deal somewhere

I'd take hooper back but on a short term contract at much reduced wages. Decent bonus for actual games played.

He's a bad injury risk but still offers a lot. It's all about the right deal. Shift Winnall out, maybe Joao if he doesn't buck up.

35 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Glad you could show such concern for complete wasters, while we are in turmoil. Is you Nero in disguise?innit.

Demonstrates at what level some of our well paid players were operating at that they are not fixed up. Although Boyd's legs had gone, I thought that of those released he was one of the better ones...and he goes back to Peterborough!

2 minutes ago, prowl said:

I'd take hooper back but on a short term contract at much reduced wages. Decent bonus for actual games played.

He's a bad injury risk but still offers a lot. It's all about the right deal. Shift Winnall out, maybe Joao if he doesn't buck up.

Per game only. But he fancies millions or hundreds of thousands for a season  I guess 

57 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

There was the rumour hooper was signing for La galaxy, the season over there starts and finishes different to ours, so could have signed for an M. L. S. Club,  but maybe just not been announced yet due to the transfer windows being different to ours too. 

I keep a close eye on MLS and can't see Hooper being in demand. You get the odd big signing to raise a clubs profile but the gravy train for washed up championship players is long gone. They are really working hard at developing their own talent.

Other than the very top players the wages at MLS clubs are poor when compared to the championship. Having said all that Hooper has made a lot of money and could probably afford to take a lower paid position and just enjoy the lifestyle offered in the USA.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Per game only. But he fancies millions or hundreds of thousands for a season  I guess 

I don't think per game deals exist in the real world. I was thinking more along the lines of a few thousand per week and much more if he played. Almost the same thing in that he suffers a big wage drop if injured.

It won't happen, somebody will snap him up.

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Hooper will sign for Reading on Friday and score the winner on Saturday.

he aint trained with a club since 1st week in may bet he is carrying some right weight , I cant see a championship coming in for him with his fitness record ,the 30k he was on here id say even 10k a week is a massive risk for a player whats hardly played in 2years . America might be his best option as its not as quick or physical as the championship .

20 hours ago, prowl said:

I would rather put my gran up top ahead of Joao and she’s been dead years. Not seen as big a lack of effort since the watchman on the Titanic told the Captain “trust me”.

8 minutes ago, Matthew Thomas said:

I would rather put my gran up top ahead of Joao and she’s been dead years. Not seen as big a lack of effort since the watchman on the Titanic told the Captain “trust me”.

Did you not see the Slothroyd when he was here on loan ? Made Sidibe look like Usain Bolt.WTF:

On 29/07/2019 at 18:34, devonshire owl said:

Anyone know if our former players have got clubs yet?,I know Boyd went back to peterboro.

I didn’t realise Boyd had a club. 

Ive just see Beevers is at Peterborough too. Feels like he’s been around forever (but only 29)