Bullen in charge for Reading

Just now, outlaw pete said:

I have supported this club for a long long time, I have seen managers come and go but never have I known a season begin with no first team manager in charge.

Yes Bruce let us down, but there are at least a dozen guys we could have appointed on a one year deal .

To go to Reading with Bullen in charge reflects to me a club in total disarray with a squad of players who have finished nearer to the bottom three than the top two in the past two seasons.

We are in danger of falling out of the Championship.  

Zzzzzzzz

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob said:

It's  time we named and shamed the so called ITK wannabes, who know nothing. 

Them who keep calling Hughton Houghton should ashamed of them sens. 

Punishment should be writing "It's Hughton not Houghton 1000 times. lol

Only at Wednesday. My take is this pretty much rules out the English of work candidates. 

Up to Bullen and the players now.

Tough ask when you consider three weeks ago the 3 Steves were running the team with Bullen supporting - now Bullen's expected to do this all on his own.

I know quite a bit is guess work nut there are a couple of issues nobody can say are not present.

1. Player recruitment, if we have no permanent manager I think unlikely we sign players on full time basis as leaves any new manager less room to manipulate squad. We have scouts so they should have some idea who is available and you have to suspect Bruce had some idea who he was going to bring in and we may know this. Whatever with window closing situation is a concern.

2. We lost 3 members of management team snf think its fair to say they were key. In addition Remy has gone as well. Think by most standards we are a bit short in this area and Bullen will need help if we do not bring another manager in within a couple of week.

3. It would not go amiss for club to outline what they are looking for in terms of manager. It would show we had a plan and with a bit of luck put paid to Nixon theory about list of foreign managers.

53 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Good meltdown.

Even by OT standards, this is a good meltdown.

So, from that statement, people have gleaned the following:

Bullen is/not getting the job

Chansiri/Paxo are buying all the players

Hughton has turned down the job

And so on and so on.

When did our fans become such paranoid, hysterical fruit loops? 

52 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Quite.

If he's the next manager, then why not appoint him now and get it over with? 

So others are in meltdown for gleaning this or that but you have also gleaned something that you previously referenced as part of the meltdown? :ph34r:

*For what it is worth I am also gleaning the same thing from the club statement and am only in partial meltdown at the moment! lol

17 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

I have supported this club for a long long time, I have seen managers come and go but never have I known a season begin with no first team manager in charge.

Yes Bruce let us down, but there are at least a dozen guys we could have appointed on a one year deal .

To go to Reading with Bullen in charge reflects to me a club in total disarray with a squad of players who have finished nearer to the bottom three than the top two in the past two seasons.

If none of the 100s of managers out there that have apparently applied for the job are the right fit then why upset things. When bullen has been working all summer with the players. Seems to me to be exactly the thing to do if we ain't sure at the moment.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So others are in meltdown for gleaning this or that but you have also gleaned something that you previously referenced as part of the meltdown? :ph34r:

*For what it is worth I am also gleaning the same thing from the club statement and am only in partial meltdown at the moment! lol

Look, there's a lot of gleaning going on right now.

None of us have a clue really, do we?

My hunch is it wont be Bullen...but who knows? 

:duntmatter:

21 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

The squad of players we have were utilised much better in the second half of last season and showed top 10 form verging on top 6. The situation we find ourselves in thanks to Bruce is not desirable and the sooner we make a permanent appointment the better but nothing to suggest we should be anywhere near in danger of relegation.

14 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The squad of players we have were utilised much better in the second half of last season and showed top 10 form verging on top 6. The situation we find ourselves in thanks to Bruce is not desirable and the sooner we make a permanent appointment the better but nothing to suggest we should be anywhere near in danger of relegation.

There was improvement in form when Bruce arrived but our last six matches resulted in just 9 points from those six games and sat watching QPR run rings round us for 90 min was an dreadful experience.

is the club officially up for sale? as this don't make any sense , there is hardly going to be players signing for millions if we aint got a permanent manager . why is chansiri out of the country? these 2-3 weeks before season starts and transfer deadline day Thursday next week are the most important for any club especially a club without a manager. what are the clubs plans for this season? as we are v weak in certain areas ie centre mid, left back. lee bullen don't even know if chansiri is out of country still or not when asked yesterday. nothing is ever simple with chansiri . 

Just now, outlaw pete said:

There was improvement in form when Bruce arrived but our last six matches resulted in just 9 points from those six games and sat watching QPR run rings round us for 90 min was an dreadful experience.

this season we could easily be top 6 with a decent manager and 2-3 signings and they don't need to be for mega millions, get hector, a tough centre mid with an engine ,and a decent left back and we are sorted . don't do that pick an injury or 2  in the central areas and we will be either using the likes of Kirby or playing a player out of position as cover. we could finish this season anywhere from 5th to as low as 22nd 

6 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

An absolutely meaningless game in which we missed a penalty, went down to 10 men and even then only lost with the last kick of the game is not something I would read too much in to.

Judging by the form of those last 6 games you refer to, averaged out over a season would give us nearly 70 points so not quite the relegation threat you suggest......

53 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

KEEP CALM AND SHUT UP YOU TART

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

He will win his first two games then will get it permanently. Wait and see.

It will save me a 3 hour round trip an £100 a fortnight 

Absolutely Foo..ing Wa.k 

No ambition whatsoever