Bullen in charge for Reading

1 minute ago, Bing Cosby said:

In practice this was probably always going to be the case.

Maybe the club are just clarifying to avoid Lee being put in a difficult position on Radio Sheffield tonight?

Maybe, could also have been done to give the lads a bit of clarification early in week so there settled for the Reading game regardless 

Is there a reason many on here are wetting the bed at the thought of bullen getting the job? 

Hasn't he said previously he didn't want the job and he's had several stints as caretaker manager but chansiri has always brought someone in. 

I think Chansiri will try and go for a known name like Bruce again as things were starting to click 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Makes total sense to me, Bullen has been working on tactics, and sees the players, both in training, and in games. Why on earth would we bring somebody in days before the game, they cannot possibly influence tactics. What we have to do though, is make sure there is a prompt appointment after the Reading game, so that the new boss will have all week to work with Bullen and the players. Assuming he doesn’t only speak Portuguese

Understand what you are saying here but why would we be in a position to make a prompt appointment after the Reading game if we haven't managed to finalise the right man in the previous 3 weeks?

Should the above happen it is still disappointing that the new manager will come in with only a week at most to assess the squad before the next game and only a few days at most before the transfer window closes.

DC's stance with Newcastle was spot on but I would have hope we would have the potential new manager at least at the game yesterday to get a more detailed view of what he will have to work with and what he needs. 

Did a solid job whilst we were waiting for Bruce, the players know him and are clearly happy to play for him.  

Wouldn't want him to be appointed permanently, but have no concerns about him being in charge until we can get the right man in.  Might be in danger of being too optimistic, but having him around gives us the option not to rush.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, darklord said:

Is there a reason many on here are wetting the bed at the thought of bullen getting the job? 

Hasn't he said previously he didn't want the job and he's had several stints as caretaker manager but chansiri has always brought someone in. 

I think Chansiri will try and go for a known name like Bruce again as things were starting to click 

This time he has said he wants the job. 

Surely one of the hundred managers they interviewed must be up to the job.

I prefer the old way of a manager being in charge of who comes in. 

Love Bullen but he's no tactical genius and he won't be having a say on any transfers.

Not ideal for me.

26 minutes ago, Lee A said:

Did a solid job whilst we were waiting for Bruce, the players know him and are clearly happy to play for him.  

Wouldn't want him to be appointed permanently, but have no concerns about him being in charge until we can get the right man in.  Might be in danger of being too optimistic, but having him around gives us the option not to rush.  

Don't know about rushing but we have had 3 weeks to consider this now and I would prefer if the new manager had a bit of time to assess his squad and decide if he wants to try and get anyone in or out given we have 10 days until the transfer window closes.

6 minutes ago, Eightace said:

Surely one of the hundred managers they interviewed must be up to the job.

I prefer the old way of a manager being in charge of who comes in. 

Love Bullen but he's no tactical genius and he won't be having a say on any transfers.

Not ideal for me.

100 applications..... makes you wonder. Thats one for each of the clubs in the EFL with a load to spare. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Most important thing here is that the players are prepares and know what they're doing. To that end it makes perfect sense to me.

and me

at this late stage I suspect whomsoever we got in as coach unless they have been watching training and friendlies for some time 

Bullen would have got this gig