Bullen in charge for Reading

Mr Chansiri 

This is a Pi.. Take 

From a very soon to be armchair fan  

The squad is much better than last season 3 newbies and Lee thrown into the mix 

We will win 2 or 3 then as soon as we hit a road block Bullen will crumble 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bluey9 said:

Mr Chansiri 

This is a Pi.. Take 

Bluey9

Thanks for getting in touch

Grow a pair

Mr Chairman.

• Haha 2

Just now, Bluey9 said:

Mr Chansiri 

This is a Pi.. Take 

Agree with that about Bullen. I think when things are going well he will obviously be great but when things start to go wrong I personally don’t believe he will know what to do. Looking back on previous times when he was caretaker he seemed devastated in his interviews after games. He was almost begging for DC to appoint a new manager. It’s not fair on the club or Bullen, he doesn’t deserve that stress. 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Agree with that about Bullen. I think when things are going well he will obviously be great but when things start to go wrong I personally don’t believe he will know what to do. Looking back on previous times when he was caretaker he seemed devastated in his interviews after games. He was almost begging for DC to appoint a new manager. It’s not fair on the club or Bullen, he doesn’t deserve that stress. 

Waltham 

We are all being dragged into having a go at Bullen because he is openly stating that he would love to take on the job, 

I cant believe especially after all the good will that Chansiri built up with the Bruce appointment   that he is prepared to chuck that and even more money away.

Gutted same as you Pal !

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

Mr Chansiri 

This is a Pi.. Take 

We will win 2 or 3 then as soon as we hit a road block Bullen wil

Give us your opinion on Bullen then Cash

Edited by Bluey9

7 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

Mr Chansiri 

This is a Pi.. Take 

When you finally throw the towel in can you let me know where you park please. 

Cheers. 

• Haha 3

Can the Bullen manager fans please let us know who they are so when it all goes boobies up we can all have a go

If as I dont think it will happen Bullen becomes a success I will be available to have the pee taken out of me 

At least I dare show my full colours 

4 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

Can the Bullen manager fans please let us know who they are so when it all goes boobies up we can all have a go

If as I dont think it will happen Bullen becomes a success I will be available to have the pee taken out of me 

At least I dare show my full colours 

WTF do you want DC to do, FFS. Bruce and his little puppies dropped us right in it. 

The club have stated he will be in charge for Saturday. If it was DC’s intention to give him the job on a more permanent basis, they would have said so. 

DC is doing the right thing. Taking his time, interviewing plenty.Bullen is a more than adequate stand in. 

FFS, give the bloke a break. 

Edited by vulva
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

In an ideal world we announce our new manager in the next couple of days (someone like Hughton, Rowett or even Cowley) Bullen takes charge on Saturday, we win 10v0 with the new manager sat in the stands watching. 

Is Cowley going to be any better than Bullen? 

Bullen did as well as could be expected when thrown into the breach last time. In terms of direct experience with this club and player group, there’s definitely an argument for saying it should be his post to lose, rather than some wildcard newcomer’s to take a random punt on.

A key issue for a lot of us is, presumably, that we don’t want it to become impossible for him to go back to what he does now. But realistically, he’s not gonna play stand-in forever: one way or another he’s gonna move on at some point. IMO it might as well be after having had a fair go at the next step up - which he’s arguably earned, at least in terms of tangible commitment and service - rather than by getting fed up of always being the stopgap, and eventually leaving under a bit of a cloud instead.

Is it my dream outcome? Hell no. But there’s also little real evidence to suggest it’s a horrendous one by any means. And if his (natural, tbf) professional ambitions mean he’s ultimately not gonna stay in his current post forever anyway, I’d almost rather he was given a fair crack of the whip now than never.

Above all for me, the one really key issue with whoever comes in is simply this: will the players work for them? And whatever else you think of Bullen’s managerial chops, I don’t think he’ll struggle to get an honest effort out of this team.

Obviously it could go awry, as it could with anyone, but at this juncture I honestly don’t see it as the doomsday scenario some on here seem to.

• Like 1

If he truly wants it then I'd like to see him take the bull by the horns and shout out loud that he thinks he's the best man for the job. Stop being all Mr Nice. Tell the chairman what you need from him, the fans what you need from us and leave the players in no don't that you're not one of the boys but the gaffer.

Out of all the names mentioned, he's the one I'd like to see succeed the most. I'd get behind him if he shows he's a manager and not a stop-gap.

He might be gone after 12 games but so could anyone. He might win 8 out of 12.

9 hours ago, Quist said:

I know quite a bit is guess work nut there are a couple of issues nobody can say are not present.

1. Player recruitment, if we have no permanent manager I think unlikely we sign players on full time basis as leaves any new manager less room to manipulate squad. We have scouts so they should have some idea who is available and you have to suspect Bruce had some idea who he was going to bring in and we may know this. Whatever with window closing situation is a concern.

2. We lost 3 members of management team snf think its fair to say they were key. In addition Remy has gone as well. Think by most standards we are a bit short in this area and Bullen will need help if we do not bring another manager in within a couple of week.

3. It would not go amiss for club to outline what they are looking for in terms of manager. It would show we had a plan and with a bit of luck put paid to Nixon theory about list of foreign managers.

What a nonsense point that last one is. What is the club supposed to do ? Put out a statement saying they want a manager who is 6 foot 1, blue eyes and likes horse riding and long country walks and a bit of S&M at the weekends ?

you can’t say you want a ‘ British ‘ manager for all sorts of valid reasons. Nor would saying that you want ‘ championship experience’ be any good as you would rule out guardiola yet rule in terry Yorath. 

More generally some wretched comments on this thread re Bullen. Here is a man who has served the club so well , best of luck to him .

When things hit the fan, we are gonna need a proper manager. If bullen wants to move into management that's great, go and earn your spurs at a L1 /Scottish club. Because nothing I've seen suggests that when times are hard he has the know how to turn them back around and that's what you need to do to make the playoffs and more

4 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

What a nonsense point that last one is. What is the club supposed to do ? Put out a statement saying they want a manager who is 6 foot 1, blue eyes and likes horse riding and long country walks and a bit of S&M at the weekends ?

you can’t say you want a ‘ British ‘ manager for all sorts of valid reasons. Nor would saying that you want ‘ championship experience’ be any good as you would rule out guardiola yet rule in terry Yorath. 

More generally some wretched comments on this thread re Bullen. Here is a man who has served the club so well , best of luck to him .

I really like Bullen but you don't do well in this league on love and cuddles pal..we need to be pragmatic

Edited by keepitsteel89