Bullen in charge for Reading

58 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Bullen has already said, the recruitment team are working on that

Many of our fans were in agreement that it was for the best that Bruce came in and had more control of transfers. Now he has gone we are going back to letting someone other than the manager decide transfers? 

I would rather the new manager had the chance to be involved in this.

I'm happy with Lee Bullen as a caretaker manager. If I were Dejphon Chansiri, I would make sure that Lee Bullen will remain part of the new manager's staff... and most important never give him the manager's job full time, just use him when there's a change in the manager. Lee knows and loves the club and we need him for continuity. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eightace said:

Surely one of the hundred managers they interviewed must be up to the job.

I prefer the old way of a manager being in charge of who comes in. 

Love Bullen but he's no tactical genius and he won't be having a say on any transfers.

Not ideal for me.

Really depends if our players are behind Bullen or not. Happy squad normally makes for good results. We could immediately get Hughton or someone elseand everyone unsettled so close to season starting.

I think Bullen can do well immediately but perhaps not long term when people start working us out. I think we will have a new boss by end of August, hopefully a good one who can pick up the reins of a strong start. 

2 minutes ago, mabor said:

I'm happy with Lee Bullen as a caretaker manager. If I were Dejphon Chansiri, I would make sure that Lee Bullen will remain part of the new manager's staff... and most important never give him the manager's job full time, just use him when there's a change in the manager. Lee knows and loves the club and we need him for continuity. 

agree

he's celebrating 7 years on the coaching staff  and i just messaged him that i hoping he's around for another 7  He's the type of guy you need as a backstop when the sh*t hits the fan 

just hope DC rewards him financially when you  consider the type of cash wasted on deadbeat players

5 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Ok, which one?

Think you need to clarify who actually attended this vital meeting....

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Don't know about rushing but we have had 3 weeks to consider this now and I would prefer if the new manager had a bit of time to assess his squad and decide if he wants to try and get anyone in or out given we have 10 days until the transfer window closes.

Doesn't time fly ?

Bruce resigned on 15th July and 14 days later 3 weeks have gone. lol

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Doesn't time fly ?

Bruce resigned on 15th July and 14 days later 3 weeks have gone. lol

Fair enough!

Think it was highly likely that the club knew it looked like he was on his way when news of this broke when the team was in Portugal the week before and it certainly seemed to be a foregone conclusion by the Lincoln game. 

Maybe we're waiting and seeing how things unfold. 

The manager merry-go-round can change very quickly. 

Could be were gonna give it to bully until just before going into the international break and see how he's doing then make a decision if he's the man to take us forward or see who's available. 

We were really struggling last season and miles off the pace, but Bruce almost managed to salvage things and sneak into the playoffs, before once again we were hampered by injuries. 

Personally and being rational, we're not realistically gonna get auto, so as long as we're in or around the playoff places I'd be happy. 

Make a sense to give Bullen and the players clarity so they can prepare.

I know we were left in the poo, but dont think we've handled this appointment well. Should have been done by now, with a couple of loan players in, ready for the start of the season.

14 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair enough!

Think it was highly likely that the club knew it looked like he was on his way when news of this broke when the team was in Portugal the week before and it certainly seemed to be a foregone conclusion by the Lincoln game. 

I agree the club likely knew it was liable to happen but it is still only 2 weeks we've had trying to get the right man in. I'd be happy for Bully to have a couple more weeks as caretaker and see if we can get the best available rather than just appoint anyone for the sake of it.

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I agree the club likely knew it was liable to happen but it is still only 2 weeks we've had trying to get the right man in. I'd be happy for Bully to have a couple more weeks as caretaker and see if we can get the best available rather than just appoint anyone for the sake of it.

I agree that Bullen taking the first team on Saturday makes sense for continuity of training and what they have done in pre-season.

My concern in it taking longer than the next week to appoint someone if that there or 1 or 2 positions we really need to get someone else in and 1 or 2 that we could do with moving on and we have 10 days to do this. 

23 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Only passing on information in good faith from someone who was actually invited, you know like you do when it’s relevant, topical information about Sheffield Wednesday on a Wednesday forum!

If scruffy little no marks like you wish to disbelieve it then it’s absolutely your prerogative.

To accuse me of making it up is an entirely different matter!

You really are a sensitive little flower aren’t you. Resorting to name calling when someone doesn’t agree with you. Dear me. 

• Haha 1