Bullen in charge for Reading

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

He would bloody do. 

It was a fair enough comment fromWilder to be honest, too much snobbery in football why shouldn’t he be given a chance etc 

Is Chansiri back in the uk?

This could just be a bit of clarification before the proper announcement when DC gets back.

Whatever the reason, it does not mean Bullen's getting the job, nor some foreigner, nor anyone else.

Perhaps this is the response to never ending calls for statements on what's going on. We've got one now. Take it at face value and no more. 

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

I agree the club likely knew it was liable to happen but it is still only 2 weeks we've had trying to get the right man in. I'd be happy for Bully to have a couple more weeks as caretaker and see if we can get the best available rather than just appoint anyone for the sake of it.

Who is the best available though? 

We've shown no inclination to pursue in work managers, the out of work options pretty dire. 

Hughton doesn't seem interested and for that reason don't want him. Might have a good CV, but don't want someone who needs to be talked into a job, while the club suffers from inactivity in the transfer market. 

Rowett seems to be on standby, but DC seems unconvinced. 

Who else are we going to pull out of the hat once the season has started and transfer window closed?

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

You really are a sensitive little flower aren’t you. Resorting to name calling when someone doesn’t agree with you. Dear me. 

No problem with people disagreeing with me.

Do have a monumental problem when a complete stranger accuses me on a public forum of making things up!

Now run along Captain Obvious and be irrelevant somewhere else, there’s a good lad!

2 minutes ago, striker said:

We've shown no inclination to pursue in work managers, the out of work options pretty dire. 

Hughton doesn't seem interested and for that reason don't want him. Might have a good CV, but don't want someone who needs to be talked into a job, while the club suffers from inactivity in the transfer market. 

Who else are we going to pull out of the hat once the season has started and transfer window closed?

Would love to know how you know, all of this how far do your tentacles spread?

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I agree that Bullen taking the first team on Saturday makes sense for continuity of training and what they have done in pre-season.

My concern in it taking longer than the next week to appoint someone if that there or 1 or 2 positions we really need to get someone else in and 1 or 2 that we could do with moving on and we have 10 days to do this. 

Regarding transfers I would presume that whoever comes as manager would have to recruit or move out players to suit what Bruce had intended as it is too late to change the team shape once the season has started. If this is the case then whoever it is would likely look to Bully for his input as you would presume that he was privy to Bruce's plans. If we don't get a manager before the window closes hopefully our recruitment team are doing just that.

7 minutes ago, striker said:

According to the bookies we don't seem to have, although I doubt very much if DC confides in the bookies. lol

"Bruce has confirmed that Amadeu Paixao will remain with Sheffield Wednesday in his current role with the club, where he is involved within recruitment.

“Look, he (Paixao) is part of the club. He’s part of the structure of the club – and if he can help us with someone…” he told the club’s official Facebook page.

Does anyone know whether this guy is our CEO?

6 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

No problem with people disagreeing with me.

Do have a monumental problem when a complete stranger accuses me on a public forum of making things up!

Now run along Captain Obvious and be irrelevant somewhere else, there’s a good lad!

Ha ha classic Casbah

Just now, Buddy Repperton said:

"Bruce has confirmed that Amadeu Paixao will remain with Sheffield Wednesday in his current role with the club, where he is involved within recruitment.

“Look, he (Paixao) is part of the club. He’s part of the structure of the club – and if he can help us with someone…” he told the club’s official Facebook page.

Does anyone know whether this guy is our CEO?

No :Chansiri:

4 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

According to the bookies we don't seem to have, although I doubt very much if DC confides in the bookies. lol

True, but football is a small world and would have led to some rumours if approaches made. 

56 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Many of our fans were in agreement that it was for the best that Bruce came in and had more control of transfers. Now he has gone we are going back to letting someone other than the manager decide transfers? 

I would rather the new manager had the chance to be involved in this.

But not all, anyway, do we know that Bruce had a free hand when it came to bringing players in? If he did, like most of the other coaches, he failed to address some of the areas we needed to address post Wembley. I’m happy to let the recruitment team do the recruiting, and let the coach do the coaching

9 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Regarding transfers I would presume that whoever comes as manager would have to recruit or move out players to suit what Bruce had intended as it is too late to change the team shape once the season has started. If this is the case then whoever it is would likely look to Bully for his input as you would presume that he was privy to Bruce's plans. If we don't get a manager before the window closes hopefully our recruitment team are doing just that.

Agree it wouldn't be a complete revamp but any new manager would like to make his own decision on one or two players both in and out if they get the opportunity and a player our recruitment team (whoever they are at the moment) might like may not be a player the new manager would want, the same with moving players on.

It was widely acknowledged when Bruce took over that having him and his own trusted team making decisions on transfers was better than having some committee do it instead.